Welcome to the Neogaea Roleplay Community


    Glayp'neir (Arc 1)

    Share
    avatar
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

    Posts : 899
    Join date : 2013-12-14
    Age : 26
    Location : Calgary

    Glayp'neir (Arc 1)

    Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:59 pm

    The last raindrop crashed to the ground with an insignificant splash. The clouds making way for the piercing morning sun, waking the harbor-city of Recudor with its colourful and welcoming warmth. The fishers and merchants, up and about early today, leave only few to be greeted by the wonderful morning. Recudor, while modest in size holds an impressive population. The guards and local police force was mostly easy going. Comprised of people too concerned with their own private lives to care, though not corrupt. Most of the city was comprised of low structures and huts, with some tall buildings and towers here and there. The upper city had built in form of proper housing. While the merchants and  traders scurrying around,  making deals, profits and selling wares, the workers are busy constructing new houses and boats. Being the Traders Guilds headquarters, the city is comprised of mostly business people and a few nobles. The duke and head of the traders guild Merran Yorsh, together with his wife Celeste, rule over the city fairly. Taxes are surprisingly low, food supplies are at an all-time high and the annual harvest festival is en route. The harvest festival has always attracted a lot of travelers and merchants seeking riches, as well as duelists and fighters seeking fame. Farmers use this celebration to give praise to Ishyla, the goddess of harvest, in thanks for a good season and hopes for another. The festival was to be in two days and anticipation grew as preparations were carried out. Everyone was looking forward to the fireworks, food and drinks, the dance and celebration. A fighting tournament was to be held in which the emerging victor would be announced fool of the harvest. An honourary title only given out once a year by the Kings advisor after the ceremonies were at an end. Many of the other dukes and duchess were due for arrival that day and excitement seemed high.


    Last edited by Shinonome on Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:48 pm; edited 2 times in total


    _________________



    ~ ~ ~ Click to Interact ~ ~ ~

    avatar
    Saint
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Posts : 379
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 22
    Location : Chicago

    Re: Glayp'neir (Arc 1)

    Post by Saint on Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:15 pm

    On this sunny day, it is fated that old and new friends will meet. As she walks about the merchant's concourse towards the town center, Airgetlam pulls her hood a little tighter over her head and keeps her eyes pointing straight ahead, occasionally glancing to the side when a trinket or shiny object crosses her field of vision. As she walks, her boot-clad feet stamp into puddles of water, now drying up from the morning heat. Ahead, she comes to the town center, and several men and women fight in rings that are part of a tournament. Airgetlam never participated in tournaments, she was always fearful of them for some odd reason. But here, she might be able to make some decent coin. She walks to a random ring and sits down, crossing her legs to watch and takes off her hood. She looks up and sees that it's an unarmed fight. Something she can't really participate in, on account of her arm - that is, unless she held back. She notices one fighter though does not look like the rest. His opponent is stripped down to just pants and sandals, like a typical martial artist, but the other left his coat on. A Black longcoat. His fighting style is familiar to her, but she can't place where she's seen it.
    avatar
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

    Posts : 471
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 27
    Location : USA

    Re: Glayp'neir (Arc 1)

    Post by Dr.Atrium on Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:32 am

    The town's tournament had caught Dr.Atriums attention when he was in a neighboring town. Where there is a tournament, there are injuries. He had traveled across the land as fast as he could so he would be sure to have a tent pitched and supplies out and ready for when the losers of the fight needed healing. After he got his things ready, he looked around the very lively town. As he look across the masses he noticed something he thought he wouldn't see here, a Soultrap. He stand up and calls out for the girl to come over to where he is. He is waving and jumping and looks like a fool, but he doesn't care. He hasn't seen a Soultrap for quite some time. If this girl could let him see it, it would make his year.


    Last edited by Dr.Atrium on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    BlakeAviat
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Posts : 464
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Location : Chicago

    Re: Glayp'neir (Arc 1)

    Post by BlakeAviat on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:30 am

    As he puts the final kick to his opponent's chin, he notices several things that have changed to pique his curiosity: for one, a beautiful, but mysterious-looking young woman with a cloak, a man in what amounts to an utter anachronism with his black fedora, and a young girl (or boy) with a strange glowing amulet... An amulet with a so-called Soul Trap. Sharp 'll have to keep an eye out as the situation develops. He picks up his things and receives the betting ante pot of fight money and walks through and open space in the crows, shoulders up and head mid-height.
    avatar
    Producer-san
    1st Winter 2015
    1st Winter 2015

    Posts : 321
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 22
    Location : Germany

    Re: Glayp'neir (Arc 1)

    Post by Producer-san on Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:54 am

    This is the first time Jian ever participated in such events as the ones at the harvest festival. His fighting isn't good so he passed out on that and follows his daily routine instead. He just recently tried to get used to this environment and takes up his position at his stand, which offers culinary herbs and wood-carved charms. He never lost the interest of gathering the herbs and spices to make food appear in a whole new aspect of taste. He also was raised with the passion to carve things into wooden charms he makes himself, but most of them are not too well made and don't sell a lot. Usually, elders seem to like them, but today due to this festival happening, his stand remains pretty much unnoticed. With time passing by slowly, he sits down counting his last funds he has for this week, which is more than just a bit less than the average coin a common citizen tends to have.
    Finishing up his counting session he looks at the people fighting in the distance, but having a short flashback about what happened in the past makes him lose interest fast. Instead he shuffles around with the items on his stand, taking one charm at a time to make the carvings look a bit cleaner.
    avatar
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

    Posts : 899
    Join date : 2013-12-14
    Age : 26
    Location : Calgary

    Re: Glayp'neir (Arc 1)

    Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:52 am

    A busy crowd was forming around the three rings with their different contestants fighting each other. The first ring was mostly uninteresting. Two lightweight fighters were going at each other with sloppy jabs and uncoordinated punches. Ring two was main attraction, so it seemed due to the many people surrounding it and watching in awe. A big burly man was fighting against a small and nimble fellow. An easy match for the little guy you would think but things seemed to go well for the tough looking guy. In the third ring a man with a long coat looking unsuitable for combat fabulously defeated a known martial arts champion. From near the third ring, a curious girl approaches calmly, taking in the event with a glint of excitement in her eyes. She looks over to the first ring in time to see one of the two men land a decent jab on the other, knocking him out cold. The girl then looks back at the man in the coat as their gazes meet briefly. She flinches lightly and looks away. Suddenly with a crash the man in the coat gets knocked over. The girl ducks and directs her attention back to the second ring. The huge man had thrown the smaller opponent into the other ring and sent him crashing down onto the winner of the third ring. She got back up on her feet and passively tucks her pendant away before backing up into the crowd and disappearing, rather avoiding getting involved in any sort of scene. A moment later the big guy climbs down into the ring with the other two contestants. With one  hand he picks up the, now knocked-out, contestant while he uses the other to pull the man in the coat back up on his feet. A hearty grin flashes across his face as he climbs back out of the ring and walks his way across to a tent. He lets the other contestant drop to the floor, nodding at the doctor there and continues on his way further into town, not having claimed any of the money he had bet for or claiming any sort of victory. A haughty looking man approaches the rings and exclaims loudly. "Alright ladies and gentelmen. The show is over for now. Make sure to properly dispose of all your garbage and be sure to swing by later for the first free for all round against the mysterious outlander!" The man proceeds to wave his hands around trying to get everybody moving. Bit by bit the groups start to scatter, slowly making their way to the shops around the rings.

    "Hey! What about this one?" A woman burst out from near a modest little stand filled with herbs, spices and carvings. The woman pulls a man out of the crowd and together they both make their way over. She picks up one of the carvings, looking at the stands owner. "Is this alright?" She asks him before smiling back at her friend. The bored looking man just sneers at the carving and snatches it from her hand. "Pshh... I bet Tony could make a better carving any day." The woman quickly kicked him in the shin, clearly evoking a reaction of pain before setting the carving back down on the merchants stand and walking off with him. "Honestly I can't believe you sometimes..." she says before the man stumbles backwards and into the stand. The loud sound of shattering porcelain, clay and glass sends a gasp through the crowd as the man catches himself on the stand, shaking it and causing some of the spice and carvings to fall over. He grunts in annoyance and wipes his  nose on his sleeve as he gets up. "Hey! You! Watch where you're going!" he says and picks up the merchant he had previously walked into and knocked to the ground. The merchant in all of his anger over his broken wares doesn't hesitate and punches the troublemaker in the jaw, sending him stumbling backwards once again. The man tumbles backwards and crashes into the stand, sending his entire weight into it and knocking it over, breaking a few things here and there. He immediately shoves himself off the ground and begins to yell "You bastard! Who do you think you are?!" and returns the punch. The two get at it for a while and as the people try to calm them down punches go flying in all directions. Within minutes a small riot has broken out around some of the stands and people are brawling each other left and right. On the ground in-front of the merchant whose spice stand got knocked over now lies a small crystal with a silver fitting the shape of an eye. the crystal itself is dark blue with swirls of orange passing through it and slightly changing shade.


    _________________



    ~ ~ ~ Click to Interact ~ ~ ~

    avatar
    Saint
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Posts : 379
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 22
    Location : Chicago

    Re: Glayp'neir (Arc 1)

    Post by Saint on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:01 pm

    Airgetlam looks away from the tournament area and sees in the commercial stalls a brawl breaking out. She gets up and takes out her crossbow and loads a regular bolt and two sleeper bolts, with reflexes like lightning. She rushes over to the scene and Yells loudly.

    "Everyone, cease this meaningless combat!" She says, but nobody listens to her.

    She primes her crossbow and looks through the scope, aiming between the two primary combatants and fires a bolt at the ground. It hits clear into the ground without any reverb and the two of them stop and look up. The rest of the mob copies their action. The man who started the fight looks her way and shoots her a death glare.

    "The hell do you want, bitch?" He yells at her.

    "1. Please, stop, this is stupid and meaningless. 2..." She says, then cycles and fires a sleeper bolt into his thigh.

    "Please don't call me a bitch."

    The man slumps to the floor and starts to snore.

    "Very well then, anyone else?" Nobody dares to say a thing. "Good." She walks over to the merchant and whispers in his ear.

    "Kind words can get you a long way. You owe me."

    With that, Airgetlam walks off back to the arena to look for the coated man.
    avatar
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

    Posts : 471
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 27
    Location : USA

    Re: Glayp'neir (Arc 1)

    Post by Dr.Atrium on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:19 pm

    Dr.Atrium nods at the winner that dropped off the loser and his new client. He holds pulls out a stone charm and examines it and frowns. "you don't have much left in you...do yeah?" he says to himself. He sighs and focus on the stone, his hand starts to glow white. He moves his glowing hand around the knocked out fighter, seeing if he has any major injures. When he sees that the man is fine, he puts the charm in is pocket and moves the man so he is laying on a spare sleeping bag he has. When the man wakes, he will give him some herbs that will help with the headache he is going to have.

    He looks out and sees the brawl starting, he shakes his head and chuckles. "People never change, do they?" he says to the unconscious man. "Well, with any luck someone will get hurt and I will be needed. These are some tough times you know. I don't like wishing ill to people, but i man needs money to live."

    He pulls out his books and starts reading. Watching people beat each other up is not what he finds to be a good time. He would rather read up on spells or be helping people then harming people. Besides, it is bad practice to harm the people you are going to be healing. People will not trust you then.
    avatar
    BlakeAviat
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Posts : 464
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Location : Chicago

    Re: Glayp'neir (Arc 1)

    Post by BlakeAviat on Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:26 pm

    As he watches the crowd disperse, and the riot become quell, he takes notice of the girl with the crossbow. He's seen her before, he knows it's her... he just can't believe how far she's come. He grins and gets up, collecting his things and money, and rubs his side from where he got a man thrown into him. He walks toward the spice merchant, and browses what's left, and what's been spread over the floor. He figures he'll give the guy some coin, he probably needs it. Besides, something to make his meals a little more appetizing is always welcome.

    He feels he's being followed, maybe by that girl with the gem, or by his old friend, he can't be sure. Just in case, he keeps his left hand firmly placed on his sword's handgrip and proceeds to walk down the concourse.
    avatar
    Producer-san
    1st Winter 2015
    1st Winter 2015

    Posts : 321
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 22
    Location : Germany

    Re: Glayp'neir (Arc 1)

    Post by Producer-san on Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:15 pm

    Nodding in appreciation he hands out his wares for the money he received. Or well, he gave out what still remained from the herbs that didn't get wasted. He silently tosses a charm towards the coated man, being visibly unsure about how to feel about the current commotion. He looks after the man and then proceeds to look back at the amount of items wasted. A gathering session of several weeks, gone. Not even the small amount of money can compansate even half of the items lost by this riot.

    Being more of a held back person though, he remains in the background, watching things taking thier course. Taking a closer look at the ground he spots something between all the herbs. It's a shimmering gem, small and pretty. He hesitates but then decides to pick it up, looking at it for a few seconds. He thought of keeping it, but he checked if anybody else might be looking for it. His eyes check one person after another. A bulky man, a merchant with a fancy mustache and a noble hat. A girl with blonde hair, which seems frightend by these fights, the coated man leaving and then more people that just seem to mind thier own business. He's very unsure of what to do and lets the gem slip into his pocket, for now.

    He takes his charms and puts them into the pouches as his business seems ruined for today. He once again counts his money to make sure that he won't spend too much for today. His hunger takes notice, so does his thirst, all these events stirred him up quite a lot.

    He then tries to find his way through the people fighting, dodging through people and sliding between groups of brawling mobs. Nearly being in the safe zone he then gets a punch which hails down into the back of his neck. He gets knocked onto the ground, then turning around to see what caused this. A man, just flails around him, not paying attention. The hit got him good and his whole spine is in pain, but he gets up anyway to then slowly find his way out of the danger...
    avatar
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

    Posts : 899
    Join date : 2013-12-14
    Age : 26
    Location : Calgary

    Re: Glayp'neir (Arc 1)

    Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:42 pm

    After a few moments, more of the crowd starts to quiet down. The dispersing masses are nudged out of the way by a group of guards that enter the scene. The guards start circling around the masses and yell for people to break up the fights as the slowly march between stands. The mob gathers its civil form and things gradually return to normal. One of the police inspectors is following the lieutenant leading the small squad of guards, taking note of anything and anyone suspicious. A good many of dialogues spur and laughter can be heard across the masses as the preparations continue. Closing in to noon things are picking up again. The rings were closed off and the inns are starting to fill. The event grounds are being re-worked for the show later that evening.

    At the doctors tent, a few injured people arrive seeking healing. Some bruises and small cuts, aside from a man with a broken rib there aren't many serious injuries. One of the guards together with the police inspector stop by to check on the civilians. The inspector carefully eyes the doctor down. "New here, mh?" he says and sneers as he writes down something in his notepad. He looks around him and laughs for a moment. "Heh, yes. Well alright. We should be going then." he says and leaves, taking the guard with him without waiting for a reply.

    Around the rings some people are sitting at benches and chatting with each other. Laughter and exclaims can sometime be heard over the general chatter of the people. Some kids are playing around the rings pretending to be contestants in mock-battle. Somewhere near a noble is arguing politics with a merchant.
    avatar
    Saint
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Posts : 379
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 22
    Location : Chicago

    Re: Glayp'neir (Arc 1)

    Post by Saint on Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:25 pm

    At the Eman Ytirucsbo inn (she has no idea why someone would name an inn that), the door opens and a tired Airgetlam walks in, eyes half-shut. She shambles toward the bar cradling her head and rests it on the counter.

    The Bartender takes notice.

    "You look like you need a drink."

    Airgetlam peeks her eye out from her lock of brown hair and meets his eyes. His say he's kind yet wise-cracking. Hers say she just wants some liquor.

    The man winks and mixes some sort of red drink and serves it to her.

    "Judging by what you've got, you must definitely be the artiste of the slightly funny deal."

    "Yeah." she says plainly, very much not in the mood for conversation.

    The bartender goes back to serving other customers. She sips her drink and immediately withdraws a little, not used to the taste of strong alcohol. She looks around a bit, both to wait out the taste and see who else is there. She recognizes no-one. She is disappointed by the lack of socialization, but yet relieved that she won't have to worry about being bothered. She takes another sip from her drink, this time larger, used to the strong liquor.
    avatar
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

    Posts : 471
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 27
    Location : USA

    Re: Glayp'neir (Arc 1)

    Post by Dr.Atrium on Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:59 pm

    At the tent, Dr. Atrium is having a study flow of customers. All the minor cases like the bruises and the cuts to no longer then 5 minutes for him to cure and they are on the way. The man with the broken rib however is requiring more work, it isn't easy to put bone back together. When ever he has a free moment, he is helping the man so the curing proses doesn't hurt as much. In his peripheral vision, he sees a man get knocked down and he can tell that he is in bad shape. The man is dressed in a sweat jacket, he can tell that the sleeves are normally rolled up because of the creases and wrinkles and a pair of cargo pants.

    "I will be right back sir, It would seem someone else will be needing me." he says to the man with the broken rib.

    "y-you can't just leave me here." the man says in between gasps of pain.

    "I have done all that I can do. your rib is being fixed as we speak, as you can feel." He stands up and makes a wall around his tent so that people can no go through and steal his stuff while he is out. "don't move or the pain you are feel will get a lot worst."

    He makes his way to where he saw the man get hurt, once there he pats the man shoulder.

    "you look like you are in some pain my friend. if you fallow me i can fix you right up." he says with a smile on his face. He looks at the man from head to toe and can tell he doesn't have much money on him.
    worried the man will turn him down, Dr. Atrium tell the man, "If you are worried about paying me, don't. I will be happy heal you for free. all you need to do is fallow me back to my tent."
    when he is done talking, he turns and heads back to his tent. He removes the wall spell and sits back down.


    _________________
    Raymondo, Demon Hunter
    Arcana - Arcana: 8 |Speed: 7 |Agility: 5, Might: 5
    00   ,25    , 00   
    Inventory
    Lantern, Scythe, Protraction Apache Revolver, Branded summoning pentagram, Colette's AQL Code (#1209), Kaavi's AQL Code(#1811), A plain alloy box with one quartz crystal that Kaavi was testing, Rey's own AQL (#3356), Spirit Lens


    "Revenge is an act of passion; Vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; Crimes are avenged."
    "I do not live in hope. I work to return it."
    avatar
    BlakeAviat
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Posts : 464
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Location : Chicago

    Re: Glayp'neir (Arc 1)

    Post by BlakeAviat on Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:25 pm

    The clack of boots thump as Sharpe strides into the tavern with the weird name. He sees that girl with the cloak, the one he knows and sits next to her. She doesn't notice it's him yet. He orders a drink, and he checks his sword, but accidentally bumps her side. She looks down, then up, and her eyes go wide at the side of the coated man. He raises an eyebrow, and grins.
    avatar
    Producer-san
    1st Winter 2015
    1st Winter 2015

    Posts : 321
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 22
    Location : Germany

    Re: Glayp'neir (Arc 1)

    Post by Producer-san on Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:08 pm

    Jian being a bit unsecure about this situation decides to then follow the unknown man into the tent. On his way there he once again looks back to his stand which was swept empty, still not being sure how to fix that. His interest falls back to the tent which wasn't far away. Checking his surroundings to make sure nobody will involve him in anything he walks over to the tent, then standing there and hesitating to go in.

    He pulls out his charm which he usually wears around his neck, looking at it for a second. Being fooled often in the last few months he usually listens to what his heart says when looking at it. In this case his instincts tell him, to go in anyhow, he barely has anything to lose after this incident afterall.

    Carefully he steps in and then sits down to wait for what's going to happen to him.
    avatar
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

    Posts : 899
    Join date : 2013-12-14
    Age : 26
    Location : Calgary

    Re: Glayp'neir (Arc 1)

    Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:40 pm

    At the Eman Ytirucsbo Inn, the smell of ale and alcohol rises early today. The inn is slowly becoming more populated. While barely anyone finds their way to the bar, a lot of people are sitting around tables chatting and drinking, telling stories. The occasional laughter emerges from one or another group of people. At the fireplace there are two men playing acoustic guitars, one of them singing.
    It is far from dark but the protraction fueled lights that the inn managed to get their hands on recently are already on. They are designed in a way to start drawing minimal amounts of energy from tiny crystals within the lights themselves to brighten up an area slightly. The door opens and a set of customers enter. The first man to enter wears a torn leather jacket with two stripes on one side. The side of his head is shaved and the rest of his medium hair is combed down the opposite side, some over his face. The man walks across the room with his hands in the pockets of his leather pants and sits down at an empty table in the corner. Following him is a woman with a dark purple tank-top and linen pants. She has an over excessive amount of dreadlocks, neatly tied to her scalp. She walks over to the bar and presents the innkeeper with a note and a picture. He shakes his head at her and she nods and continues to the next group of people. Finally a bigger, burlier man enters the inn. As he struggles to fit through the small entrance of the inn he catches peoples attention. Slight nervous glances are shot in his direction and for a moment all the dialogue in the room quieted down. The man was shirtless, displaying his extreme muscles, and wore some leather pants  clearly too small for his toned legs. He blinks confused, staring through the room. A familiar looking hearty smile flashes across his face and he backs up through the door and leaves again to wait outside. The people inside the inn continue their chatter. The woman in the purple tank-top walks up to the man in the coat and his lady friend, putting the note on the bar table followed by the picture of a man. The man on the mediocre sketch looked a bit rough in shape. He had short hair, slightly messy, and wore rectangular glasses, though aside from that he had no notable features on his profile. The woman shoves the note closer to the man in the coat. It reads: "Dangerous man. Must find. Safety of Nation." she stares at the two figures with a questioning gaze, not threatening though.

    Meanwhile at the medical tents, the people with the light injuries have all left by now. The man with the injured rib is asleep in the same position the doctor left him. Aside from a few workers rebuilding the rings into a stage, there are barely any people present. As the doctor and the merchant arrive they find a white cat sniffing through the doctors things, despite the barrier. The cat, having noticed them, looks at the doctor and lets out a soft meow. The cats curious eyes, one blue the other green, eye down the doc before it walks in a circle and lies down to sleep. A man arrives at the tent as well. He had platinum blond hair and wore a thick grey coat with furr lining the side of his hood. His eyes were a deep blue and he had a slight tan, with a scar over his nose from an old injury that couldn't heal. "Fine day to you, gents." he says with a smile. "Say, it's a lovely day today isn't it? A bit cold perhaps but..." He looks around for a moment. In reality the weather is  warm, too warm for a jacket such as his, but he doesn't seem to mind the heat. "well, I have a slight problem, you see? I am looking for a boy, you understand? He stole something from me that I absolutely need to get back, I tell you." His rich noble accent and well spoken sentences suggest this man is or was a man of status and class. He pulls his jacket straight and looks around him again. It's a tick of sorts, rather than paranoia. Something he feels compelled to do every now and again. "He's a curious looking fella, i'm sure. Red eyes, very uncommon, you know?. Have you by chance seen him passing by?"


    Last edited by Shinonome on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total


    _________________



    ~ ~ ~ Click to Interact ~ ~ ~

    avatar
    Saint
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Posts : 379
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 22
    Location : Chicago

    Re: Glayp'neir (Arc 1)

    Post by Saint on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:25 pm

    "Let me see that photo again" Airgetlam says.

    The woman hands her the photo, and she examines the already defined features of the man. She realizes she's seen him before... that poor merchant at the market. She decides against saying anything - he looked completely harmless. She puts it back between the two of them, but keeps a trained eye on both. She leaves and questions some other folk about the photo. She Looks back up at the coated man, and notes his black sword. Only one man she knows owns a sword with that particular scheme and pattern. It has to be him.

    The Swordsman she's been looking for.

    "Another drink?" The bartender asks.

    "Just some tea this time." She says.

    Served, she clasps it with both hands and looks back at him, gazing at his face. She reflects back on the picture. How could such a kind, handsome man be so dangerous? She knew of people who put up the act, but he seemed genuinely kind.
    avatar
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

    Posts : 471
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 27
    Location : USA

    Re: Glayp'neir (Arc 1)

    Post by Dr.Atrium on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:14 pm

    "Hmmm....how did this cat get in here? My spell has never fail keep everything outside." He thinks how this could happen as he sits down next to the cat and pets it. "well, I have always like animals...ones that don't attack me."

    He looks outside the tents flap hoping that the man he talked to would come on in. When the man walks in he smiles, happy to see that he took him on is offer. "Welcome my friend. I am gad to see that you have come in to see me. The name is Dr. Atrium, I use magic to cure all those that come to see me. know if you would lay down, I will do a quick scan to see what exactly is ills you."

    He waits for the man to lay down, once notices his charm. "Nice looking charm you have there. i have one of my own" He pulls out his charm to show him. "I found this thing about five years ago. It helps me with my magic. You see I use the power of the moon to help me heal, unfortunately the moon isn't always out and not only that it isn't always a full moon. My magic is at its strongest when the moon is full, this little charm is able to charge itself with the full moons power and i am able to use the charge for my magic. Now you might feel a slight tingling sensation while i am scanning you."

    Before he is able to start the scan, the man enters his tent. He welcomes him and listens to what the man has to say. "Red eyes you say?" says Dr.Atrium as he scratches his chin thinking. "I cant say that rings a bell. I think I would remember someone like that." Still thinking he looks down at the cat and pets it. "I am sorry sir, but I have not seen such a man. Is there anything else i can do for you?"

    The man frowns and shakes his head. He thanks Dr.Atrium and leaves. Once the noble leaves he looks back at the other man. "I am sorry about that, lets get to work."

    He starts the scan, his hand glowing as he moves it over the mans body. When he is finished he puts his charm away. "Good new my friend, you don't seem to have any major injures. You have a choice, i can ether cast a simple healing spell or you can just take a potion."


    _________________
    Raymondo, Demon Hunter
    Arcana - Arcana: 8 |Speed: 7 |Agility: 5, Might: 5
    00   ,25    , 00   
    Inventory
    Lantern, Scythe, Protraction Apache Revolver, Branded summoning pentagram, Colette's AQL Code (#1209), Kaavi's AQL Code(#1811), A plain alloy box with one quartz crystal that Kaavi was testing, Rey's own AQL (#3356), Spirit Lens


    "Revenge is an act of passion; Vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; Crimes are avenged."
    "I do not live in hope. I work to return it."
    avatar
    Producer-san
    1st Winter 2015
    1st Winter 2015

    Posts : 321
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 22
    Location : Germany

    Re: Glayp'neir (Arc 1)

    Post by Producer-san on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:52 pm

    Being sligtly confused by the doctor's charm and the story behind it he still decides to patiently listen to what he has to say. Having no idea how magic abilities work, he kind of just lets his imagination roll and he then comes up with the weirdest pictures in his head. Jian takes a look at his own charm again, thinking about it maybe having a smilar feature to it. After a short time though, he gave up imagining these things and the charm then disappears into his pocket.

    There then comes a noble man which is entering the tent, but Jian doesn't pay much attention to what he's saying, the thing that bothers him the most is, that the stranger seems to be very nervous and hectic. Jian had enough of that already and then decides to just look around a bit while the two were talking.

    The man leaves and the Doctor then continues where he left off. Reaching the point where the way of treatment was supposed to be selected, Jian just said the following:

    "Well, I don't have much cash, and the earlier mentioned treatment is happening for free, so just take the course of action which is the one that would cost you the least amount of money."

    He said that to keep the loss of items being used here at the lowest. Being unsure of which course of action the Doctor will take, he then imagines the feeling the magical healing might have. Being intrigued by it he shuffles around with his hands nervously.

    One of his hands then slides along his legs, sliding past the pouch and the small grip where the family's blade usually is attached to. He then flinches in shock as he feels that the dagger is not there. Where could it possibly be? At the stand? Maybe he lost it when he got knocked down! The man trembles a bit, then suddenly getting up.

    "I am sorry, but I have to find something which means way more to me than this minor pain I am bearing with, let's get back to this later!"

    Ignoring the pain he then runs out of the tent, barely being able to keep up the pace he usually has. He then runs into the market area and disappears in the crowds to find his most precious item which once saved his life.
    avatar
    BlakeAviat
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Posts : 464
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Location : Chicago

    Re: Glayp'neir (Arc 1)

    Post by BlakeAviat on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:16 pm

    As the photo is shifted back to him, Sharpe starts to think through his day, trying to remember where he saw the man. As he removes the clouds from his mind, he found it was that merchant he bought the spice off of. He couldn't see how the man could be dangerous, but he would keep his guard up just in case - you can't be too sure with everyone you meet.

    Speaking of, he looks to the girl next to him. she looked so much like Airgetlam, he was sure it was her, but he couldn't know for sure unless he asked.

    He motions to the bartender who also apparently was the innkeeper for a shot of Sacra. He is shortly obliged.

    "Listen, love. I'm going to ask you something, and I know we don't seem to be acquainted, but we really are. It's hard to believe it would be you after all these years... But people change. So I must ask you... Are you Airgetlam Whyte?"

    She looks at him shocked, and he figures it's going to be a night, so he sips his Sacra.

    "Bartender, I think we're going to need some more liquor here." He waves.
    avatar
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

    Posts : 899
    Join date : 2013-12-14
    Age : 26
    Location : Calgary

    Re: Glayp'neir (Arc 1)

    Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:09 pm

    The innkeeper serves the liquor and then moves to the other side of the bar to clean the area someone had just left from. After a while the tank-top woman gives up and sits down in the corner together with her leather-clad pal. He asks her a question though the words are lost in the chatter of the masses. He nods towards the two figures at the bar instead of straight up pointing, while keeping a close eye on his surroundings. She shakes her head but then pauses for a moment in thought. She holds up a finger, as if to say "One moment.", and beckons the innkeeper over. He puts the washcloth under the bar in a small plastic box and wipes his hand on his pants as he moves around the bar and makes his way over to the two. The three talk for a brief moment before the door to the Inn opens once again. A customer enters and the heavy looking guy from before pokes his head in and catches the attention of the two sitting in the corner instantly. He nods at them and the innkeeper turns his gaze over to the door, distracted. The leather-clad man in the corner bursts out in laughter and slaps his hand on the table. The innkeeper looks back, startled at first, but then notices the woman is suddenly missing. Vanished before his very eyes. He raises an eyebrow at the man and they continue talk for a wile before he marches back to the bar. He positions himself in front of Sharpe and Airgetlam and nudges the bottle of liquor closer to them and pulls out a dirty glass from under the bar that he begins to clean with his washcloth. He leans in and looks around nervously before whispering to them. "I think it's about time you two make your leave. We don't want any trouble. The bottle is on the house." he says and makes his way to the other side of the bar to offer a drink to a new customer. The chatter and laughter doesn't stop, the atmosphere undisturbed.


    _________________



    ~ ~ ~ Click to Interact ~ ~ ~

    avatar
    Saint
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Posts : 379
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 22
    Location : Chicago

    Re: Glayp'neir (Arc 1)

    Post by Saint on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:45 pm

    Airgetlam looks up at the man in staunch amazement.

    "Sharpe?" She says, eyes open. He nods and she hugs him.

    Suddenly the bartender returns and leans in close, whispering that they should leave.

    Before she gets a chance to ask him why, he up and leaves, attending to another customer. She turns towards Sharpe and shrugs.

    "Guess we should leave then. There's someone I want to find, maybe he's in trouble. I hope he's not."

    He nods and together they leave the inn, her hand ready to clasp her short sword. They pass the big guy outside, he looks like he should be an old-timey boxer. But he's not, or he could be, you can't tell from looks.

    The town is lively tonight, but in this town there seem to be some seedy hearts of darkness.
    avatar
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

    Posts : 471
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 27
    Location : USA

    Re: Glayp'neir (Arc 1)

    Post by Dr.Atrium on Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:37 pm

    When the stranger tells him that he has to go and just darts out. "The poor guy isn't going to make it far at that pace. Sure his injures aren't major, but he is still injured." he says while shaking his head. "but I guess when you have to go, you have to go. I wont be going any where anytime soon."

    He turns to the man with the broken rib and scans him to see how he is. When the scan is done, it tells him the rib has been healed. "well, you had a bad injury but it seems I was able to help. Now let us talk about your bill." He says while he is taking tally of all the herbs and potions that were used.

    The gets up and feels where is rib was broken was happy to see it didn't hurt any more. He then turns to Dr. Atrium and grins. "Sorry Doc, just because I couldn't beat the man I fought today doesn't mean I am weak. you better let me go for free or you are the one that is going to be needing the healing."

    Dr. Atrium sighs, he hates it when people try to take advantage of his kindness. "I wish not to fight you, but you are going to have to pay me." he stands up and picks up the cat and puts it on a pillow that is off in the corner of the tent. "stay there little one, this could be bad." He turns and takes out two scalpels one in each hand. "last chance, please just pay up so I don't have to hurt you."


    _________________
    Raymondo, Demon Hunter
    Arcana - Arcana: 8 |Speed: 7 |Agility: 5, Might: 5
    00   ,25    , 00   
    Inventory
    Lantern, Scythe, Protraction Apache Revolver, Branded summoning pentagram, Colette's AQL Code (#1209), Kaavi's AQL Code(#1811), A plain alloy box with one quartz crystal that Kaavi was testing, Rey's own AQL (#3356), Spirit Lens


    "Revenge is an act of passion; Vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; Crimes are avenged."
    "I do not live in hope. I work to return it."
    avatar
    Producer-san
    1st Winter 2015
    1st Winter 2015

    Posts : 321
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 22
    Location : Germany

    Re: Glayp'neir (Arc 1)

    Post by Producer-san on Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:09 am

    In a jogging pace he rushes through the market, asking people if they might've seen his dagger with the family's name on it. The people keep shaking thier heads and he then finally arrives at his own stand, which is broken down from this noon. On the tabletop he find his blade and let's of a sigh of relief. Confusing about this is though, that the tip of the dagger is rammed into the stand. Jian would never do such a thing as it would be a mindless damage to the condition this blade is in, especially because it already is well-worn after all the carving he did with it. He pulls it out of the stand and then wipes off the blade.

    He doesn't suspect a thing. Somebody probably just took a look at it and then threw it in due to it's condition not being too useful. The Dagger slips into it's spot where it always is. Jian's hungry, it's time to finally eat something. He scrambles around in his pockets to pull out some money, seems like some money went missing when he got knocked down, its significantally less than it was before. That doesn't bother him though.

    He walks up to the closest food stand where a very warm-hearted woman always sells her fruit and vegetables. According to his budget he could buy enough fruit to stuff himself, so he grabs some red apples and bananas. He gets a net of Satsumas for free, just as usual, because of being a daily costumer. He nods as he leaves the stand and then takes a bite from one of the apples.

    Finding a place to settle down for a second he keeps eating. He wants to go back to the tent after finishing up so he can get himself fixed, his spine still is quite a pain. So there he is, sitting around, what a confusing day it was so far. Not to mention all these random events that happend to him also, it's quite a problem.

    He also remembers now, that he never introduced himself to the doctor in return, which is quite a rude thing to him. He always was raised with the attitude to follow these formalities at all costs. But well, what can he say anyway? "Hello, I am Jian, nice to meet you? I am just some random merchant, selling herbs and charms only elders seem to buy because they don't see how badly made they are?" He keeps mumbling this stuff to himself, significantly being annoyed.
    avatar
    BlakeAviat
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Posts : 464
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Location : Chicago

    Re: Glayp'neir (Arc 1)

    Post by BlakeAviat on Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:27 pm

    The duo walk back to the market and find a significantly depopulated town square. Sharpe sees the spice-man's stall up ahead and runs over, checking for any signs of the man himself. None, just the toppled goods, grains of spice and sugar spilled over the floor and clumsy but decent carvings strewn about. Nothing. He looks around and decides to look for someone who might have seen him. Ah, but that might draw attention and bring those bounty hunters over here, and we don't want that. They decide it would be better simply to keep looking around the area, perhaps a merchant might now, since it's likely vendors would get familiar with each other in some way. They do that sometimes when checking for competition.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Glayp'neir (Arc 1)

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:56 pm