Welcome to the Neogaea Roleplay Community


    Glayp'neir

    Share
    avatar
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

    Posts : 471
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 27
    Location : USA

    Glayp'neir

    Post by Dr.Atrium on Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:37 pm

    Dr. Atrium wakes with what would of been a yell but do to Hitomi jumping on his chest, he has no air in his lungs to do so. He rolls on his side so Hitomi will get off of him and he starts fighting to get breath. Through teared eyes, he sees that Jack is in the room with him and Clarent. He tries to understand what Jack is saying but he is trying to breath and cant really hear him. It doesn't matter how much you have trained, when you get the wind forced out of your lungs, it hurts. After he is able to breath again, Doc wipes his eyes and sees everyone running around wildly. He slowly gets to his feet and looks around. Doc walks over to the bed where he sees Jian. Doc sees that Jian is doing, looks like he is giving Clarent some herbs.

    "May I ask what you are giving her Jian? Its not that I don't trust you, its just I don't know and would like to."

    Doc then puts his hand on Clarent's forehead, then he puts his hand on the side of her neck to feel her pulse. He then sighs and shakes his head.

    "I wish I could cure the illnesses like this with my magic but all I am able to mend is muscle, tissue and bone...I wasn't as good as my teacher. He could cure those, I guess that is why we made a good team..."

    Doc sighs again and puts his arm on Jian's shoulder.

    "If you are going to go shopping, let me go with you. I know some simple things that will help. Like ginger is good for stopping dizziness and red clover extract can help with hot flashes. I may not be able to help is magic, but I am still a Doctor."

    He then turns to Clarent who is coming in and out of consciousness and thinks. He then walks to his belt and takes a syringe out, he then walks out of the room into the bathroom and starts cleaning the needle. After a few minutes of washing, he rushes back into the room and pulls a vial out of his bag. He fills the syringe with the liquid and then walks over to Clarent's side. He grabs her arm and gently turns it over and puts the needle into her arm and pushes the plunger. Doc then pulls the syringe out and watches at it takes effect on her. It doesn't take long for Clarent to be out once more. Doc then turns to the group.

    "I have her a minor sensitive to help her sleep through the night. Rest will help her out a lot."


    _________________
    Raymondo, Demon Hunter
    Arcana - Arcana: 8 |Speed: 7 |Agility: 5, Might: 5
    00   ,25    , 00   
    Inventory
    Lantern, Scythe, Protraction Apache Revolver, Branded summoning pentagram, Colette's AQL Code (#1209), Kaavi's AQL Code(#1811), A plain alloy box with one quartz crystal that Kaavi was testing, Rey's own AQL (#3356), Spirit Lens


    "Revenge is an act of passion; Vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; Crimes are avenged."
    "I do not live in hope. I work to return it."
    avatar
    dthvader
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 242
    Join date : 2014-02-26
    Age : 22
    Location : where you least expect

    Re: Glayp'neir

    Post by dthvader on Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:27 pm

    Jack bottled up most of his frustration, but his tone still sounded disappointed.

    "The girl knew our names, what we are doing, where we live. She's obviously stalking us. I came all the way over here to question the doctor about her so that you would believe me, and yet you all leave her. She's probably gone now. No one bothers to paranoid ol' coot Jack, I guess."

    "Doctor, I'm going to ask again, did you see a girl with a witch hat and did she tell you we were at the central district?"

    "Jian, I saw the assassin. He said 'have the girl, there are others'. He was referring to...uh...Ayame... yeah Ayame. Did the girl tell you anything that might have anything to do with that."

    "In the meantime, I'll just read those books on fairies I bought. Maybe theres something in here explaining how to get Hitomi to go to bed on time."
    avatar
    BlakeAviat
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Posts : 464
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Location : Chicago

    Re: Glayp'neir

    Post by BlakeAviat on Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:15 pm

    Sharpe eases back a little. He was worried there for a moment. He looks up to Jian and Doc.

    "Thanks... I'm no medic, so I really appreciate it." He says, standing up. He looks the two of them squarely and nods.

    "I think I'm going to get some shut-eye. You'd be wise to do so too. Doc, I don't know if you were out too long, probably not. But we've got business to attend to tomorrow, and we can't do it without energy. So I'll take my leave if you don't mind." He says. He walks out of the room and puts his hand on Air's shoulder.

    "I think we're good for now. Might want to get some sleep, okay?" he says to her. He continues walking out into the hallway and returns to his room, where he gets in bed, not even pulling the sheets up.
    avatar
    Saint
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Posts : 379
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 22
    Location : Chicago

    Re: Glayp'neir

    Post by Saint on Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:29 pm

    Airgetlam puts her hand to her cheek and gazes at Clarent. She really hopes her condition doesn't get worse. She sighs and goes downstairs, sitting at the lackluster table in a chair. She puts her hand under chin and looks out the window, up at the stars again. She can't help but reflect on the events of the day, out of one fire and into another.

    She looks upwards, waiting for anyone to come down if they do. She'll let them pick out their rooms and take what's left, if she doesn't fall asleep there.
    avatar
    Producer-san
    1st Winter 2015
    1st Winter 2015

    Posts : 321
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 22
    Location : Germany

    Re: Glayp'neir

    Post by Producer-san on Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:25 pm

    He keeps feeling the earlier points on both of Clarent's arms to check the pulse, it seems to only calm down by a small bit after having the herbs do their magic for a bit. He sighs once, fully focused on what to do. He doesn't even notice Jack asking for anything and then completely drags his attention to the doc asking him what he used.

    "I am giving her simple herbs that are known to calm down a human's body when they're in heat or stress. In this case sweet clover and balm, as it is known to steady the blood pressure by a little. I'll have someone look over her, I have to go to the markets tomorrow anyway."

    He grinds a few more herbs and sets them aside after completely grinding them. He looks at the doc, nodding once.

    "I am sure rest is a good way to go... I'll remain here for the night to watch after her, I got herbs ready to calm her down a little if her pulse rises again. Thanks for your assitance... And sure, you can come along with me when we head to the markets tomorrow, I got no problem with that."

    He then looks back at Clarent, being deeply concerned. Seems like it's going to be a rather long night for him after all. But... Once again, the girl was right. He thinks about it for a moment and simply is left with an impressed reaction. She really helps them out a lot, and Jian appreciates it, in hope to return the favor sometime soon.
    avatar
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

    Posts : 471
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 27
    Location : USA

    Re: Glayp'neir

    Post by Dr.Atrium on Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:22 pm

    Dr. Atrium pats Jian's shoulder and smiles warmly.

    "I will stay up and watch her for a bit. Unlike you or the others, I have had a nap so I can stay up longer. If it makes you feel any better, you can sleep in here on my sleeping bag but you need rest like she does."

    Doc then turns to Jack.

    "I do think I know who you are talking about, she was young and had robes on and a Soultrap on her hat? If so then yes, she was the one that told Clarent and I to go to the Central District so we could help you guys. She seemed very nice but I did find it odd that she knew where we lived and that I was part fairy...Makes me wounder what else she knows...But I guess it doesn't matter now."

    Doc then turns and heads out the door but he stops and looks at Jack.

    "When you get bored with that book, I would like it. And to be fair, Hitomi was sleeping but then you guys came in like a hurricane. Just saying, but best of luck to you."

    Doc then walks out of the room and walks down to the dinning room and sees Airgetlam sitting at the table. He walks over and sits on the other side of the table.

    "You ok? You look rather worried. Anything I can do to help make you feel better?"


    _________________
    Raymondo, Demon Hunter
    Arcana - Arcana: 8 |Speed: 7 |Agility: 5, Might: 5
    00   ,25    , 00   
    Inventory
    Lantern, Scythe, Protraction Apache Revolver, Branded summoning pentagram, Colette's AQL Code (#1209), Kaavi's AQL Code(#1811), A plain alloy box with one quartz crystal that Kaavi was testing, Rey's own AQL (#3356), Spirit Lens


    "Revenge is an act of passion; Vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; Crimes are avenged."
    "I do not live in hope. I work to return it."
    avatar
    dthvader
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 242
    Join date : 2014-02-26
    Age : 22
    Location : where you least expect

    Re: Glayp'neir

    Post by dthvader on Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:40 pm

    Jack follows the doctor.

    "Doctor, of course it matters. This complete stranger know so much about us from our names to where we live. She obviously stalking us and keeping heavens know how many secret from us including why she's stalking us in the first place. No one believes me. Honestly, who gives a rat's ass if she seems nice. For all we know, she could be an assassin waiting for the right moment to slash our throats. Why am I the only one taking this seriously."

    Jack noticed Air sitting at the table. He was still frustrated at her along with Sharpe and Jian, but he realized that getting mad at the group only backfired on him. He tired making conversation to ignore the issue.

    "She's upset because the girl did not give her back her cloaking device"

    Jack sits down at the table.

    "I can only assume it had sentimental value. Did someone close give it to you?"
    avatar
    Saint
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Posts : 379
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 22
    Location : Chicago

    Re: Glayp'neir

    Post by Saint on Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:07 am

    Airgetlam blinks and looks back, hearing Doc show some concern for her.

    "Oh um, I'm fine really, Just the events of today and just me thinking. We were talking a bit about what we came out here to do, or at least me and Sharpe were. Jack was talking about his past and it got me thinking of an old friend of mine, who might as well be the closest thing I have to a father." She says as she looks at her silver arm.

    "This arm's brought me pain too, but it's not bad, it built character, or at least, made me better at what I do." She shifts her head to Jack, moving it a bit more until it's comfortable.

    "As for that device, I found it while scavenging. It means a bit to me as I got it from my first real venture into a ruin of sorts. It was kind of a self-imposed trial, that I could do without someone else, do things on my own. I took it back to town, showed it to my mentor, and he told me not to sell it, that though I had skill this would help me in a great many ways. So, I did what he said, I kept it. So yeah, I do feel attached to it. I honestly didn't know too much about how it works, I thought it was a bit more durable than that. That's old tech for you."

    "Now though, My crossbow is something very dear to me, and why I'm hesitant to modify it. My mentor... he did a lot of work that required him to not be seen and if he needed to kill something, he'd do it at range. He normally used a bow though, but because I couldn't really use one, he bought this for me. I'm fine honestly with modifying it within the sense that he'd want me to, but I'm not sure about protraction. I feel like that's going too far." She sighs and looks down at her bag with the crossbow laying against the wall.

    "I should name that. Anyway, I'll be fine. And Jack... I know you're not exactly trusting of that girl, but sometimes you just need to go with the flow. So far she's worked to our advantage, and she's not hostile. Of course you're going to be suspicious because quite frankly, people can lie, but I think for now you should just appreciate that we have an informant, an almost omnipotent eye."

    She slides up and bit and her eyes light up.

    "Oh also! Tomorrow Jack, you should ask Sharpe to help you move stuff from your house. We're also going to need some income, so I'm going to see what's available. That and I want to get this place tidied up and maybe learn something that isn't hiding away in the shadows. You should go pick which rooms will be yours, I'll take whatever's left."
    avatar
    Producer-san
    1st Winter 2015
    1st Winter 2015

    Posts : 321
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 22
    Location : Germany

    Re: Glayp'neir

    Post by Producer-san on Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:37 pm

    Jian nods to the doc once.

    "Mhm, I guess you have a point, sleeping would be a good thing to do, and with a sleeping bag here, I can jump up in case something happens... Given you're going to wake me up when it is appearant."

    Jian leans back for a moment, still watching Clarent for a short moment before getting up, stretching once. His body aches a little from all the walking and such, his arm also having it's harsh and strong pain return from the bandaged spot now that he calmed from everything again. His face twichtes very lightly from it, but he covers it up with a faint smile before nodding again. He pats the doc's shoulder and goes to grab the sleeping bag from the room doc was in before. Having it in both hands he comes back, rolling it out close to the bed. He then starts pulling off the top of his servant attire, revealing the bruises he has gathered in the time, leaving their marks all over.

    "I'll go wash my face, I'll be right with you again", he then says, moving into the bathroom, locking the door. He looks into the mirror for a moment, staring at his own self. Minimal stubble growing now, his hair getting longer, his face covered in dirt and scratches. He sighs once, wiping a bit water over his face with one hand.

    "Look at yourself... Just take your time and look... What have you gotten yourself into the last few days?", he then sighs. He washes his face a bit more with a feel of depression and frustration after having looked at himself. A few minutes pass and his face mostly is clean, but his soul isn't.

    "I'll go and need to perform a cleansing ritual tomorrow... I need it."
    He then goes to open the door again, coming back out, getting ready to sleep.
    avatar
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

    Posts : 471
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 27
    Location : USA

    Re: Glayp'neir

    Post by Dr.Atrium on Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:53 am

    Dr. Atrium thinks for a moment about what both Jake and Airgetlam said about this girl.

    "I have to say I do agree that it is most troubling that this girl kinda just happens to know a lot about us without us knowing her but I have to agree with Air also. There is no point in getting ourselves worked up and making an enemy to someone who could be a great ally. I say we be friendly to her if she shows up again but keeping things here locked up tight just in case."

    Doc then looks at Air and smiles.

    "I know what it is like. This coat I wear so proudly I found in a ruin so t means a lot to me as well."

    Doc sits back in the chair thinking about what has happened and wonders what is to come.


    _________________
    Raymondo, Demon Hunter
    Arcana - Arcana: 8 |Speed: 7 |Agility: 5, Might: 5
    00   ,25    , 00   
    Inventory
    Lantern, Scythe, Protraction Apache Revolver, Branded summoning pentagram, Colette's AQL Code (#1209), Kaavi's AQL Code(#1811), A plain alloy box with one quartz crystal that Kaavi was testing, Rey's own AQL (#3356), Spirit Lens


    "Revenge is an act of passion; Vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; Crimes are avenged."
    "I do not live in hope. I work to return it."
    avatar
    dthvader
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 242
    Join date : 2014-02-26
    Age : 22
    Location : where you least expect

    Re: Glayp'neir

    Post by dthvader on Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:25 pm

    "Ah, the irony of the situation I don't have much sentimental. I went on and on about my gun, and, yet it turns out it was stolen from some fancy shop. I'd return it, but my brother refuses to tell me which shop he stole it from. Speaking of my belonging, Air, thank you for reminding me. Once the quarantine is over, I'll go to my house and bring over some furniture. I haven't checked the basement. Hopefully there's enough space for my equipment."

    Jack's eyelids grew heavy.

    "It's pretty late. Doctor, being part fairy, can you communicate with Hitomi. If so, tell her to get to bed or she's grounded. Goodnight."
    avatar
    Saint
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Posts : 379
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 22
    Location : Chicago

    Re: Glayp'neir

    Post by Saint on Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:34 pm

    Airgetlam smirks a bit and a small chuckle escapes her mouth. That Jack still thinks he can be a parent figure to Hitomi, and Doc still has his level-headedness. Such quirks to this party...

    "Doc, if you want to stay up and talk, I'd be fine with it. I might head to bed though, but I'm always here to talk if you want. I'll say, it is a nice coat indeed. I'm probably going to need to do maintenance on my crossbow as well..." She says, her thoughts drifting to the faithful weapon. She looks back at Doc, eyes closed and smiling.
    avatar
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

    Posts : 471
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 27
    Location : USA

    Re: Glayp'neir

    Post by Dr.Atrium on Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:27 pm

    Dr. Atrium just laughs as Jack walks away. What makes Jack think that Hitomi will listen to him any ways? He then turns back to Airgetlam.

    "I am going to be up for a bit watching Clarent while everyone sleeps so I am going to be up longer then you. Is there anything you had in mind that you wanted to talk about or maybe ask me? That being said though, there is no need for you to say up and keep me entertained, I will be fine."

    Doc then thinks of something and looks around the room and gets a sadden look on his face.

    "Air...Where is Mitsuki?"



    _________________
    Raymondo, Demon Hunter
    Arcana - Arcana: 8 |Speed: 7 |Agility: 5, Might: 5
    00   ,25    , 00   
    Inventory
    Lantern, Scythe, Protraction Apache Revolver, Branded summoning pentagram, Colette's AQL Code (#1209), Kaavi's AQL Code(#1811), A plain alloy box with one quartz crystal that Kaavi was testing, Rey's own AQL (#3356), Spirit Lens


    "Revenge is an act of passion; Vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; Crimes are avenged."
    "I do not live in hope. I work to return it."
    avatar
    dthvader
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 242
    Join date : 2014-02-26
    Age : 22
    Location : where you least expect

    Re: Glayp'neir

    Post by dthvader on Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:52 am

    "O-oh my god...I-i'm so sorry I didn't mean too. I don't know why I did that. Oh god..is that blood...i-I'm sorry I'm sorry"

    *cough*"Don't be. It not your fault...Gah! I should've seen this coming...should've put two and two together...That insane bastard...urgh" *cough*


    Jack woke up. Like all his other dreams, he couldn't make sense of it. He casually brushed it off as yet another nightmare and went back to sleep
    avatar
    Saint
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Posts : 379
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 22
    Location : Chicago

    Re: Glayp'neir

    Post by Saint on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:51 am

    Airgetlam opens her mouth to say something, but retreats the thought, as she can always ask about it tomorrow and now she's really starting to feel the onset of sleep, her eyes attempting to resist the allure of a nice bed.

    "No, no, I guess maybe we can talk tomorrow..." She says, waving her hand. Suddenly, her eyes go a bit wider and she stares at Doc in sheer terror.

    "I... I don't know, last I remember she was following me to the fish stand, I didn't even bother checking if she was following me..." She lowers her head until her face meets the table.

    "I'm sorry Doc... I was so hungry I completely forgot to keep my eye on her. Tomorrow, we can go look for her, or maybe you'll see her on your evening shift... I don't know about you, but I'm really starting to feel fatigue setting in, I'm going to go and get my shut-eye now." She says and takes her leave up the stairs to the bedrooms. She opens each to see who's taken which, and she finds a vacant room in which she decides to take up residence. She sets her things down by the bed, but out of the way so she won't trip over them in the morning, and she takes her boots and socks off, lazily shoving them away with her stuff. She removes her hooded cloak and then her dress, and sets them aside much the same way. She lays in bed, pulling the sheets over herself, and immediately feels a rush of relaxation, and then drifts off to Dreamland.
    avatar
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

    Posts : 471
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 27
    Location : USA

    Re: Glayp'neir

    Post by Dr.Atrium on Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:50 pm

    Dr. Atrium sighs heavily and starts thinking to himself. He ask her to do one thing, one simple task. Watch his cat, how could she forget?! He can feel the anger boil a bit, so he walks outside to cool off. Doc takes a few deep breathes and feels the cool night air run across his face. He look up at the moon which is almost full. He will would guess that in two nights it will be full. He feels a smile run across his face as he lets the moons light fill him with energy. After a few minutes he walks back inside and locks the door behind him. He then sets up a ward to warn him if someone touches the door. Doc then uses a spell to mute his foot steps and he walks into Jack's room. He smiles when he sees him sleeping. He then slowly walks in and takes the book on Fairies and walks out. Doc sneaks back into Clarent's room and sits in the chair that is near the bed. He opens the book and begins reading about what his is now and more about the little girl he sees as a daughter now.


    _________________
    Raymondo, Demon Hunter
    Arcana - Arcana: 8 |Speed: 7 |Agility: 5, Might: 5
    00   ,25    , 00   
    Inventory
    Lantern, Scythe, Protraction Apache Revolver, Branded summoning pentagram, Colette's AQL Code (#1209), Kaavi's AQL Code(#1811), A plain alloy box with one quartz crystal that Kaavi was testing, Rey's own AQL (#3356), Spirit Lens


    "Revenge is an act of passion; Vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; Crimes are avenged."
    "I do not live in hope. I work to return it."
    avatar
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

    Posts : 899
    Join date : 2013-12-14
    Age : 26
    Location : Calgary

    Re: Glayp'neir

    Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:13 am

    Doc opens the book and begins reading. The book is fairly simple in its design, bound in leather, and no index, at least to his knowledge. He flips through the first few pages.

    "Fairies and Modern Study" is the title of the book, "By Professor Jordan Dashe. The documentation of my lifelong research on Fairies - In memory of my Wife Klara"

    Doc skips past a few pages untill he gets to the first chapter in the book.

    "Vescor History - Chapter 1
    Throughout history, time and time again, man has made quite a lot of discoveries, both shocking and gruesome as charming and educating. The Vescor species being one of them. Vescor in the old language was to be translated as "He who feeds." or "He who consumes.", a very suiting name for this peculiar range of being. The ancients believed in mythical beings such as the very Fairies I am to talk about in this book and described them as kind and friendly beings who would cast their magic to help out humans in need. Despite their variety in species regarding fairies, one thing remains certain: The fairies we deal with in this day and age are anything but related to these described in ancient texts. In fact, the vescor species only dates back about a thousand years or so, the suggested end of the world that swept the ancients off the surface of the planet and burried their homes and loved ones deep beneath the very ground. In early human society, it was believed that Fairies were feral devils and demons left to roam the planet after Ragnarok, though recent studies shows that Fairies were actually a man made creation. Much is unclear but Fairies have a very clear relation to Vampires and Succubi and many mages, myself included, support the idea that Fairies have created the other subspecies, whether that be through evolution or otherwise..."

    The Doctor pauses there for a moment, thinking about the book. He adjusts himself in his seat and looks over to Hitomi who has once again fallen asleep in a corner. He smiles and bookmarks the page, flipping a few pages further in. He arrives at a spot in the book that looks to be of interest to him and continues his reading.

    "Human Infection - Chapter 4
    Just like with Succubi and more commonly Vampires, if a Fairie should exchange fluids or bacteria in one way or another, the host has a chance to become infected with the strain of disease that causes the afflicted to slowly over time turn into a fairy. This is more potent with people who have a strong connection to potraction and magic in general, and twice as much in females than it is in males. Often times the afflicted will change and alter their appearance numerous times before becoming a full fledged fairie, and the disease is slow enough in most people to easily be cured given the proper amount of funds. Additionally, if a woman is pregnant with her child and is bit, the child will through some natural process absorb the genes and the mother comes out unscathed with few miscarriages and more of them dead than disabled. The surviving children seem normal at a glance but when growing up have the tendency to develop strange abilities not unlike the natural shapeshifting of a Fairie.

    On that note, due to the nature of Fairies, someone who is unable to use magic naturally for whatever reason can not fall victim to the disease, rendering them immune, even if an easy target. If untreated for several weeks, the afflicted will find themselves with strained and disformed bodies, resembling older Fairies with elongated limbs, talons, claws, fangs, and sometimes wings. Though winged fairies are the rarest type of Fairie and are usually only found on other continents."

    The doctor flips through some more pages skimming a few articles and descriptions here and there, learning a good bit about fairies but not much about his situation. He continues to read a few chapters here and there but eventually finds himself fallen asleep in his chair...




    The next day, a soft and distant sound of knocking fills the dreams of the sleeping members of the group. Graduately growing louder and stronger untill hitomi jumps off the bed with a bit of a playful yell. Now there is simply the loud thumping of her footsteps as she runs through the halls making a ruckus, having been woken up by the knocking at the door. She runs down the stairs and peeks through one of the windows looking at a man. A guard, in officers attire by his lonesome. He knocks at the door again and then folds his arms, growing impatient. "Mph. Must be nobody at home." he says disgruntled and kicks the door lightly.

    Hitomi laughs and runs back up the stairs, making a lot of noise and eventually wakes the Doc up in his chair. Clarent meanwhile lies in her bed, still as a mouse. Her fever still persists but her body seems to have calmed significantly.


    _________________



    ~ ~ ~ Click to Interact ~ ~ ~

    avatar
    BlakeAviat
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Posts : 464
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Location : Chicago

    Re: Glayp'neir

    Post by BlakeAviat on Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:17 pm

    Sharpe opens his eyes, his vision blurry, looking about the room. He wipes his hand over his eyes, and his vision clears up. He hears a knocking from downstairs, and he gets out of bed and picks up his sword by the scabbard. He slowly makes his way down the stairs and sees Hitomi running about. he grabs the door knob and gently turns it, then opens the door to a 45 degree angle, keeping his sword behind the door, out of sight. Before him seems to be an officer of the law, no doubt wanting something, maybe taxes, maybe about what happened the night before.

    Sharpe rubbed his eyes again, dragging his hand down his face this time instead of across.

    "May I help you, sir?"
    avatar
    Saint
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Posts : 379
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 22
    Location : Chicago

    Re: Glayp'neir

    Post by Saint on Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:19 pm

    Airgetlam wallows in her bed, tossing and turning a bit until she regains consciousness. She wipes her face and gets out of bed, and opens her door a smidge to look out. It seems Sharpe's downstairs dealing with a visitor of some sort. He's probably got things handled. She closes her door and looks through her pack, and pulls out an extra shirt and a pair of shorts she had stowed away, as something of an alternative outfit. She sits down on her bed, and lifts her shirt on her side to examine the wound she had suffered earlier. It seemed to be healing well, she had forgetting entirely about it though in their return and the haste they had to find Ayame. She'll have to ask Doc to look at it later, as well as the examination she promised him of her arm. At least he's a qualified doctor, unlike that Jack fellow who might as well be wishing to vivisect her. She walks back out and opens Clarent's room. She sees Doc, but he appears to be asleep still. She shrugs and walks back out and stops mid-way down the stairs.

    "Sharpe, who's at the door?" She asks. She spies he has his sword with him and her heart rate elevates for a moment, and she looks around for something to use as a weapon just in case.
    avatar
    Producer-san
    1st Winter 2015
    1st Winter 2015

    Posts : 321
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 22
    Location : Germany

    Re: Glayp'neir

    Post by Producer-san on Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:48 pm

    Jian's stretching his arms out, waking up slowly, he startes as the ceiling for a moment, squinting his eyes a little, then putting on his glasses. For a moment he's confused to be sleeping in a sleeping bag instead of a bed, but he remembers falling asleep in Clarent's room due to safety measures. He hears the ruckus and watches Hitomi trying to wake up the doc up close. He crawls out of the sleeping bag, stretching again, then lifting up Hitomi, having her sit on his shoulders. He always wanted to do that with someone, in this case there was the chance. He just hopes she won't mind that too much. Having her legs hand down his shoulders. He then shakes the doc a little, using one hand to hold on to Hitomi to have her not fall down.

    "Hitomi, hold tight, I'll wake him up for you, hm? ... Hey... Doc, wake up, Hitomi's here and wants you to do so!"

    Still shaking he just then realizes that people are talking outside the room. He can't really make out what's going on there, but he mostly is focused on waking up the Doc first before anything else.
    avatar
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

    Posts : 471
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 27
    Location : USA

    Re: Glayp'neir

    Post by Dr.Atrium on Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:30 am

    Dr. Atrium wakes with his heart skipping a beat do to being shook. He jumps out of his chair and nearly knocks Jian over but because Jian is good with his feet, he doesn't fall or drop Hitomi. Doc then calms down and smiles warmly when he sees Jian holding Htiomi up like she was his sister.

    "Good morning you two. How are you guys this morning?"

    Doc walks up to them and he ruffles Hitomi's hair playfully. Then he notices the noise down stare.

    "Any idea what is going on down stairs?"

    Doc asks while he checks up on Clarent.


    _________________
    Raymondo, Demon Hunter
    Arcana - Arcana: 8 |Speed: 7 |Agility: 5, Might: 5
    00   ,25    , 00   
    Inventory
    Lantern, Scythe, Protraction Apache Revolver, Branded summoning pentagram, Colette's AQL Code (#1209), Kaavi's AQL Code(#1811), A plain alloy box with one quartz crystal that Kaavi was testing, Rey's own AQL (#3356), Spirit Lens


    "Revenge is an act of passion; Vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; Crimes are avenged."
    "I do not live in hope. I work to return it."
    avatar
    dthvader
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 242
    Join date : 2014-02-26
    Age : 22
    Location : where you least expect

    Re: Glayp'neir

    Post by dthvader on Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:42 pm

    Jack woke up as groggy as he normally is when he does. He struggles his way out of his sleeping bag and stumbles his way down stairs ignoring Air's presence with his eyes barely opened. A spike of adrenaline jolted him when saw Sharpe answering the door with his katana in hand.

    "What the bloody hell is that crazy bastard doing. Won't believe me that that girl from last night has been stalking us, and yet, he's too damn paranoid to answer the fricken door without his sword?!"

    With the door open, Jack is able to see who was at the door.

    "A GUARDSMAN?! HE WAS ALMOST GOING TO KILL A GUARDSMAN?!"

    Jack slipped through the door making sure it did not open any further.

    "Shouldn't be a problem talking to him considering anyone who saw me in central is dead."

    "Why good morning officer. I'm terribly sorry we did not answer the door sooner. Everyone here was asleep. Got to bed a bit too late with the festival last night as you could guess. To what do we owe the pleasure of your visit. Is there any news about the quarantine?"
    avatar
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

    Posts : 899
    Join date : 2013-12-14
    Age : 26
    Location : Calgary

    Re: Glayp'neir

    Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:12 pm

    The officer nods at the two men infront of him, Sharpe and Jack. "Good morning. I'm sorry to wake you so early." He has his eyebrow raised a little, at Jacks question. "More or less. The quarantine is being handled and it seems like it will be lifted soon enough. On that note, we're investigating on a burglary in this area last night. The landlord of some of the neighboring houses said he saw a strange woman floating at the top of this residence, but he was so drunk we couldn't confirm whether what he saw was fiction or not. Have you by any chance witnessed any strange or shady people entering or leaving this area?" The man asks bluntly. By the look in his face and the way he pronounces his words, Jack can tell that this is not a man who is impressed by magic, likely from having seen plenty of it in the past.


    _________________



    ~ ~ ~ Click to Interact ~ ~ ~

    avatar
    BlakeAviat
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Posts : 464
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Location : Chicago

    Re: Glayp'neir

    Post by BlakeAviat on Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:00 pm

    Sharpe raises his eyebrows and he sticks his fingers on his eyes as he still cleans his vision, then replaces his bicep on the door frame.

    "No sir, I don't believe we've seen any suspicious happenings." He looks to Jack, his face narrowing a bit. He looks back to the officer.

    "We appreciate the concern however, and you taking the time to come down and make sure things are fine, which they happen to be just that."

    He backs up a bit.

    "Excuse me while i kept myself cooled off a bit." He says and backs away from the door, putting his sword in a nook where it can't be seen.

    He walks over to Airgetlam.

    "There's a guard at the door and he's asking if we've seen a woman floating in the air, or suspicious activity. A landlord in the neighborhood reported a burglary and that's what he saw, but he was drunk as hell so they can't discern if he was telling the truth or seeing things. Sounds like that mage who told us where Ayame was."
    avatar
    Saint
    Veteran
    Veteran

    Posts : 379
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 22
    Location : Chicago

    Re: Glayp'neir

    Post by Saint on Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:58 pm

    Airgetlam nods to Sharpe, but maintains her worried look.

    "Are you sure Jack won't be a snitch and betray her or us? He really doesn't trust her, period. Honestly he has a perchance for causing trouble."

    Her heart rate picks up again.

    "I'm getting the crossbow In case I need to the two of them unconscious." she whispers again, and retreats into her room and retrieves her crossbow, slotting the entire cylinder with syringe bolts, and she walks back into the staircase, keeping the weapon hidden.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Glayp'neir

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:55 am