Welcome to the Neogaea Roleplay Community

A1.0 - Académie de Conflict

Dazai
    Player
    Player

Re: A1.0 - Académie de Conflict

Post by Dazai on Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:32 pm

Hm… I do feel I’ve made a mistake. The problem is, when did I make it?

Watching Rey seethe made Jen uneasy, but he understood where he was coming from. The man was about to explode; the blue blaze could attest to that, as it danced wildly in its lantern. I knew it. I knew it! That's how I die; incineration! Jen thought, as he readied himself for the worst. After a few moments of expressing his open disdain, the horned man agreed to the prayer. Uh-oh. What followed was a half-assed, albeit humorous slew of wishes. After the “prayer,” Selene expressed a slew of emotions as she grasped the downturn of the group. It genuinely surprised Jen that something like this would happen in front of their guest. Of course, if they were trying to scare her off, it was visibly working.

The subsequent reaction from Dethrial, was one that anyone could’ve expected. The massive alv, now standing as furiously as one could, went on to talk about his own story. Admittedly, Dethrial had a point too, but Jen didn't quite understand what “path” the hulk-of-an-alv had in mind. I'm not sure everything is quite that simple…though you should know that already. Jen made no comment to anyone during the whole debacle, as J already attempted to physically mediate between the two. Thank you for keeping the peace. I see you don't want to burn alive in this room either. Jen smirked to himself. Not long after, Dethrial began his prayer and Jen’s head dipped slightly. The pungent smell of burning meat during the prayer caused Jen to have a revelation. Well shit. I think I’ve figured it out.

Waiting until the prayer ended so as not to “disturb the peace,” Jen moved to speak, only to be beat by Selene. After hearing Rey address Selene’s query and J's apology, Jen quickly says to Rey, “I actually have a comment about your past, but I need to explain the smell first.” Suddenly finding himself forced to explain everything, Jen took a second to gather his thoughts. “I was planning on introducing Sirius and myself a bit less intrusively. Sirius’s state can be referred to as a... uhm well… a zombie. She’s not a mindless drone, or anything of that nature, she’s actually extremely intelligent! As for the fumes, her body doesn’t react to prayers too well. In fact, she starts to catch fire if things get a bit too holy, like right now. She doesn’t remember much of anything about her past, so I’ve been traveling with her to help her find answers. Though I’m not doing this completely selflessly, she has become a good friend of mine, and her troubles are my own. Winters possibly held the key to helping Sirius, so we sought him out.”

Shifting his weight slightly on the bed and clasping his hands together, he spoke again. “As all of you aside from Selene know, I’m a bounty hunter. Specifically I hunt vampires, but,” he hesitated for a moment, “I’m a vampire as well of sorts.” Taking a breath, Jen continued, “Much like Rey’s family, my mother and father were brutally murdered by an unidentified group of assailants. I also have a younger sister named Fawn, though I have no idea of her whereabouts since the attack two and a half years ago. My mother and father were vigilante vampire hunters, but they hid it from both of us. I figure they drew some heat from someone very powerful due to their activities. Aside from that, the only real clue I have as to who did it, is my own current vampiric state.” "So Rey,” Jen said, looking the man in the eyes with an understanding gaze, “I didn’t mean to come off as uncaring. I have an idea of what it’s like.” After a slight pause, “I realize that being in such close proximity to a vampire can be unnerving to some, so I understand any hesitancy. I don’t feed on innocents, I get all my necessary blood from the black market, or from the people I’m forced to kill. If you’ve any questions for me or Sirius after Rey, please let me answer them.”

Last edited by Dazai on Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Inventory
    Backpack: 6 lock picks, weapon maintenance tools, transfusion kit, box of vials, sister's scarf, heirloom short sword and dagger, hookshot

"Do you know why I chose you? Luck."
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:29 pm

Reymondo couldn't help but be proud of what has happened. As Dethrial goes off and tell him everything the man has been feeling, he couldn't help but smile during it. He however remains silent and when Deth starts to pray, he doesn't join in but nor does he try and stop him. When he is done praying, He looks at Deth. "Thank you. You see, I know you have been hiding how you really felt about me. In all honesty, I wasn't as mad as I let on. I just wanted to push the right buttons to make you speak from your heart." Rey then stands and bows. "I am sorry for the deception and for insulting your beliefs. I am going to refrain from commenting on every little thing you said, however I will say this. I'm not looking for revenge, I want vengeance. Revenge is an act of passion; Vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; Crimes are avenged. There is a difference." "But how long will you be able to see that difference?"  Mitsuko says leaning against a wall now. Rey then turns to her, "I will always know the difference, now shut up. I need to pay attention to the room and not you Mitsuko."  

Rey then hears Hammer and is surprised to hear that he is apologizing. "It's fine. As I said, I wasn't as mad as I was playing off." He then smells the burning flesh and sees Hammer looking at him. He raises his  hands up in defence. "Look, wasn't me this time." Jen then tells the group that the  girl he has been traveling with is a zombie. Rey was about to ask something when Jen then tells then about how his past and that he is a vampire. Rey couldn't help but be interested. When Jen is finished, Rey is already prepared to speak. "I will be the first to say that I couldn't care that you are a vampire. It would be very hypocritical of me if I were to not want you around. How long have you been a vampire and have you unlocked some of the magic that you can learn being what you are? As for Sirius, Does her body heal or is does she only have a set amount of time before her body..." He pauses for a moment trying to think of a kinder why of putting it. "Well, you know. If she gets damaged by combat or any sort of accidents, will her body heal itself?" He stops there, still having more questions but wants to let others ask and have is first few answered. As he waits, he starts eating his meal.

As he chews his food and thinks to himself how he wished he could taste it, when he sees Selene raise her hand and ask for his name. "Oh! I am very sorry, where are my manners?" Rey then jumps to his feet and takes a bow. "My name is Reymondo-" He had started saying his name with the usual roll of the tongue and low tone when a thought occurred to him. He then cuts the ending sound of his name short as a realization hits him in the face like a brick. He quickly turns his gaze back to Hammer and locks eyes with him. "So Hammer, I learned your nickname due to a cursed weapon that latches onto one's soul. How do you know my last name? Every single time I have introduced myself, I have only told people my first name. The Vlček family hasn't been around for a few decades. So how did you know my lineage?"

Inventory
    Lantern, Scythe, Protraction Apache Revolver, Branded summoning pentagram, Colette's AQL Code (#1209), Kaavi's AQL Code(#1811), A plain alloy box with one quartz crystal that Kaavi was testing, Rey's own AQL (#3356), Spirit Lens

"Revenge is an act of passion; Vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; Crimes are avenged."
    "I do not live in hope. I work to return it."
    SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:29 am

Dethrial let his shoulders sag after everyone seemed to cast off the shadow that stood before before them as J stood down as well as Rey. They are so quick to change...and what is this horrid smell? After a moment he identified the source as the strange woman who seemed to be steaming after Lyn questions her current state. His attention is then split again by Selene and her interactions with the now named Hammer and his apology. His mother named him after at tool? And Selene seems to be struggling with something, she is easy to read but I must keep watch. A moment ticked past and Jen spoke when he had everyone's attention and tried to explain what Sirius and he was and this information seemed to leave his lips hesitantly as if expected a rebuke for what he and his ally were. So, neither of them are human...but what is a Zombie or Vampire?

Before Dethrial could ask a question Rey spoke again and revealed his deception but his words were laced with pride and a certain kind of confidence that made Dethrial uneasy. Dethrial smiles and pretends to act surprised noting that Rey was talking to the spirit in his weapon again. He cannot be trusted, his mind is too far gone and he lets a spirit infest his soul and who knows what she is whispering. Rey speaks again and sets his focus on Sirius and Jen. He prodded them with questions and something about how Sirius's body heals.

Wanting more information Dethrial speaks up and turns to Jen and Sirius "I am still learning the full measure of your language, but can I ask what is a vampire or zombie? You say something about feeding on blood why is that important? Also, Sirius burns to holy presences like a Corpser of my land but she has a clear mind and does not seem hunt the living...what separates your zombie from a corpser and are all of her kind like this?"

After his long winded questions he picks up a plate of food and his stomach grumbles but he waits for an answer before eating.
    Hamma-Man

Post by Hamma-Man on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:05 pm

As the young bunny girl leans into him after he had attempted to get between the two men before any conflict occurred, Rauj swallows hard, almost choking on his meal. He had sensed her discomfort earlier and heard her pleas, her heart’s light pitter patter increasing in intensity as the rage of the two men seemingly did the same. Finding himself unsure as to if she was merely faking it, or was legitimately beginning to suffer from a fit due to panic, he had risen to see if he could calm the two but now that she had calmed down somewhat, her serenity was becoming his own personal hell. As Rey speaks directly to his personal shade, Rauj jerks away from Selene’s approach, visibly shaken in response to her shift; their earlier positions now reversed. His body tenses as his heart almost leaps from his chest in fear.

No… Don’t… Please… He mutters, trembling somewhat as he slowly inches further from her. He seems to realize his complete change in behavior after a moment of what looks like unfiltered terror, and quickly tries to collect himself, but its clear he’s very unsettled by Selene’s attempt to approach him. He takes a deep breath staring at the floor before him. After about 3 of these breaths he stammers out “S- Sssorry, b-but I… I’m gonna need you to give me a wa-“ He gasps, then breaths out slowly once again, trying again to complete what he was saying. “I need a warning if you’re gon- If you’re gonna…” He pants again, “If you want to get that close… I-I have a bit of a pr-problem with you getting that close…” He glances up at her, then quickly shifts his gaze back at the floor. From underneath his visor his eyes are widened in alarm, pupils shifting back and forth in fright. “Its… Its nothing personal…” Rauj tries to alleviate the girl’s concern as to his feelings towards her, despite his clear trepidation, “… I just have… I just had… a bad history with your-“ He looks up at her, then back down, trying to return to a normal speaking tone, “I’m sorry, I-I don’t mean to offend you, I just… R-Rabbit Rouges… they…” He grits his teeth, unsure as what to say, and unable to even mention why he’s acting the way he is. “I… I’m having a- having a hard time trying to explain… I’m so sorry…” He bows down on all fours, deeply apologizing to the best of his ability. Holding back tears of frustration, his fists balled despite his prostration before Selene.

In lieu of this he doesn’t notice the steam coming off of Sirius, but he does catch the strange smell of something burning. He looks up from his position and straight at Rey, clearly accusing him with a glare. The Horned Fire-starter dismisses the accusation, and Jen instead explains her situation, as well as his own. “A fully sentient zombie and a vampire-hunting-vampire, that’s a first… What did I get myself into this time…” He chuckles nervously, now trying to ease himself after his recent freak-out. Sits back down, now noticeably a bit further from Selene, and takes another bit of his meal, trying to clear his thoughts and focus on a few questions to ask the motley crew, while thinking of answers to Dethrial’s inquiries.

While he does so, Rey begins to introduce himself to the Young Rabbit, when he seems to realize mid introduction what Rauj had called him by. The flamboyant pyro decides to instead inquire as to how Rauj had acquired the info he had let purposely slip, to which Rauj responds to by holding up his pointer finger, requesting that Rey wait a moment as Rauj finishes his next few bites. At this point with all the pauses, Rauj had let his meal sit too long, the veggies were beginning to lose their delectable fresh crunchiness that the thief particularly enjoyed. In this specific instance he needed this texture, the resistance of the food against his jaws helped him soothe his nerves. Usually he’d gobble up his meal as quickly as possible to retain it, since his particular use of toppings made the actual food underneath quickly sag, but this was a rare instance and as such his meal had lost some of its splendor with the passage of time. Lowering his head and sighing with some disappointment before lifting it again he first looked towards Selene and then towards the space between them. After a moment of deep consideration he shifted slightly towards her, trying as earnestly as he could to force himself to ignore what race she belonged to, and instead see her as just a girl, though that idea wasn’t much better, it was a start, in his mind.

Satisfied with that slight shift for now, he finally spoke up to the horned man, “… Like I said before, I’d like to know everything you know about me, especially before I divulge the particulars in concern to that information, but I will tell you this, its nothing too spectacular, mostly basic information through a bit of personal research; In other words, my being here right now has little to nothing to do with you. Us meeting here is seriously a coincidence. I honestly had no idea who you were, nor did I care prior to you telling us just now, your background in Demon Hunting, mentioning of a family who also were in the same line of work, and your… peculiar appearance… Just happened to coincide with something I happened upon while on a job. That’s all you get until the wisp spills everything she copied from me when we made contact.” Rauj wipes away the cold sweat that had begun to build on his brow and attempts to dispel the irritant shuddering his leg was performing by instead focusing on what he wanted to ask the others before moving on to his own situation. Pondering for a few moments he finally settles on a few for each of the group members who have shared their own stories so far… Though it doesn’t do much for his leg besides holding off the twitch sporadically for indeterminable, yet short, amounts of time.

“Ok, Ok…” He says as he preps himself, trying to keep his thoughts coherent, “First things first, our new comer”, He turns back to Selene, “… How long were you in Teyness? Is that your birthplace? You said you escaped alone, does that mean the military is after you, or we should expect other… child soldiers to come after you? Also, what do you specialize in? That’d be significant for battle plans. Ah and to a further extent, knowing the risk so far just by being in the presence of this… rather unique crew, are you still ok with this group? You still have a choice to turn around and walk away, it could get dangerous and it’d be a shame to see you get hurt. Not that I have any doubt in your skills, you seemed to get on well with that group prior after all.” Despite his predisposition on the subject of Rabbit rouge woman, and even if Selene’s entire play so far was just an act, Rauj still had his morals, having a child fight and possibly kill other fully developed, intelligent beings didn’t sit well with him. “Oh and… Who exactly are you looking for? I might be able to provide some assistance.”

Pausing to give her some time to answer, Rauj then turns to Dethrial, stroking his chin a bit as he contemplates a few questions in his regard as well. "Now I understand there are plenty of cultural differences between your people and ours, but what exactly is your goal? Just to see the world? Or do you need to meet up with actual political leaders for making bonds between your people and the people of this land? Also, the blood bond thing… How… yanno what, never-mind, but I will say be careful, like you said you aren’t sure if our races can mix blood, but you’re also not sure if they aren’t straight up poisonous to each other. Also you said you were chosen by Orniel to do this, due to being a warrior of exceptional value or something… and you keep alluding to having been in some war, care to elaborate? Why was this war started? How old were you when you participated in it and are how old are you now? And… if you’re comfortable with me asking, what happened to Cindisil?" Another pause in the hopes of more answers.

Moving to Jen, Rauj asks “So, you’re not sure if Fawn is alive or dead, and have no REAL lead on the whereabouts of these vamps, not only that, Sirius is actually an honest to goodness ‘Zambambino’. One that possesses a fair amount of intellect from what I’ve seen so far too. But that brings me back to my original question to her, what in the blazes has she been chewing on, and DO. I. NEED. TO. BE. WORRIED?” He shifts his gaze towards her, making a pretty solid decision to not sleep in the same room if at all possible, merely seeking confirmation or denial of his fears at this time. “… Cuz while you’ve made it pretty clear that you’re… hopefully… safe to be around, Jen, you haven’t said much to plead her case, other than pretty much letting us know the only reason you’re here in Leirotuet, is to ‘dig up some dirt’, pun definitely intended, on her past which of course makes me curious. And on a side note, with so little to go on, how do you suppose you’ll ever find the particular bloodsucker you’re looking for, do you have some kinda bloodline trait that allows you to locate or ‘feel’ whomever… umm… what’s the word…” Rauj struggles for a moment trying to articulate the phrase he’s looking for, “… ah! Sired! Yeah! Can you somehow sense who ‘sired’ you? He pauses again, allowing the man some breathing room to respond with.

Lastly he turns to Rey, “I’ve not nothing to ask for the time being. I don’t want to ask you questions unfairly. You answer my original question and I’ll tell you what you want to know. Though I do have a few questions in mind, I’m loath to bombard you with them without giving you your answer to your query first."

Inventory
    Visor, Spiked Knuckles, Spark Ring, Bap-Master (Totem), Magicked Room Key [#52], AQL#1502, Pass-Codes notebook, AQL Design-Sheet, Duffel Bag
    Belt Contains: 9 lock picks (4 enchanted), Shuko 2x, Ashiko 2x
    Boots Contain: 2 small daggers

"Its Better to Cross the Line and Suffer the Consequences then to Just Stare at the Line for the Rest of Your Life."
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:27 pm

Sirius stares at Rauj blankly after his question - seemingly unphased by her current condition. Initially it doesn't look like he will be getting much of a response from her, but after briefly glancing over to Jen she presents the cloth, she had been holding on to, to Rauj. On closer inspection it's actually finely crafted and in fact seems to be almost quivering. The shine on the silk cloth waves back and forth as if the whole thing itself was breathing in and out. After the uncanny but otherwise unimpressive presentation Sirius fiddles with the cloth, all the while continuing to stare at Rauj. She manages to unwrap the item inside; A dry and bony finger picked clean of any flesh that may have been on it just hours prior. There seems to have been runes burned into the top of the finger and just as Rauj gets ready to inspect it further it twitches. Twice, and a third time. Then suddenly hovering a small bit above Sirius' pale palm. It hovers there for a moment, turning slightly to the left... then the right... slightly upward... and finally straightens in the direction of Reymondo. Or more specifically his Pillow.

Not even a second after the display the runes on the finger burn up, seemingly lifting away from the surface and dissipating as the finger falls back into the palm of its new owner. She stares at it with some noticeable disappointment before wrapping it back in the cloth, which itself seems to tighten around the skeletal remains as if it were a long lost lover of sorts.

Lyn makes a mental note, seeming very interested but equally reserved in regards to the strange token.
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:20 pm

While Dethrial and Rey go back and forth with questions and explanations Selene could only think of Jen and the other woman with him. — That’s a vampire... and that’s a zombie? I’m going to die here. Yup going to die.— She scoots closer to Rauj subconsciously before he begins to pull away. Her attention shifts to him. Her eyebrow raises as he attempts to explain something. —My kind?— She thinks. As he stammers and bows she slightly frowns. —Why is everyone so odd with me? Do I remind everyone of someone?— This began to frustrate her, but also she couldn’t help grinning playfully at the fact that this grown man couldn’t handle contact with a woman. More so one of her race. As he bows she pats him on the head. “Awww you’re so adorable.” She says as if she was speaking to a baby. “Don’t worry I don’t bite.”

As soon as he sits up she is bombarded with questions. This came as a surprise which caused her to panic slightly. “Ah yes? Yes...uhhhh I um...” She inhales deeply and sighs. “Yes I was born there. I’ve been there all my life up until recently.” Her expression changes. “I escaped alone...because I was the only one that survived.” Her hands ball up at her knees. “There were two others. They didn’t make it...” She wipes the tears welling up. “No the military won’t be coming after me...they aren’t that stupid...” She becomes more serious as the questions keep coming. “I was a field medic of sorts. I can do light magic as well as healing to a point. I was also trained in reconnaissance and long range assassination. In other words...” She grits her teeth. “I’m a sniper.” She gets up and walks to her bag. She reaches in and grabs the butt of the rifle and pulls it out. “It’s a six chambered revolving lever action using protraction to fire energy from the rods in the chambers which I charge. It can not only damage or kill my target, but also I can fire rounds to heal and support my team from a distance. I know not many of you would be keen on getting shot but I know what I’m doing.” Her personality almost completely changed as she speaks. It takes on a more serious tone. Almost cold. Her voice turns monotone practically lacking emotion. She looks at Rauj. Her eyes staring through him. Her gaze icy. “Having a child kill is exactly what my military had in mind. Who or what I’m looking for is none of your concern. When I find what I need I’ll take care of it. I needn’t burden you with my mission. I can explain further at a later point. Outside of that if you have any further questions as well I will best answer them.”

She sits down and lays the rifle in front of her. Her expression slowly switches back to what she originally was. She leans forward and wraps her arms around herself trembling for a second and exhales once more. She raises her head with a smile awaiting to learn more about her new group.
    Dazai
    Player
    Player

Post by Dazai on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:29 pm

“...Thank you Rey,” Jen replied to the Demon Hunter, grateful for his understanding. Jen didn't really care that Reymondo pushed Dethrial to such a response; after all, Jen employed the same conversational tactics, albeit less directly. “I turned the night of the attack. Unfortunately I've yet to master any form of vampiric magic. You have to understand, as a blacksmith’s son, I spent most of my days forging steel. Maybe you can teach me the basics someday!” Jen half-joked, grinning slightly. Upon hearing Rey’s next carefully chosen question, Jen gives a slight snicker. “Right, I suppose that is important to know. We don’t know the specifics of how she heals, but we have an idea of what injuries she is capable of healing.” he remarks as he scratches the side of his head. Counting on his fingers as he racks his brain for examples of her body’s undying will to live, Jen continues, “Cuts, scrapes, stabs to the body, all the minor stuff heals back fairly quickly.” I’m gonna run out of fingers by the end of this. “Dismemberment, disembowelment, maiming, and pulverization, she takes like a champ. Loses an arm? She just puts it back like nothing happened. Obliterating a part of her doesn’t seem to work, because she just grows back whatever she lost.” Switching gears, Jen stated the major hazards she wanted to avoid, “The three major things she absolutely needs to avoid is fire, excessive water, and holy magics. The only thing both Sirius and I are unsure about, is decapitation or brain related injuries. There’s no telling what effect that would have on her.” Making sure he got everything, Jen paused momentarily before adding, “Oh. one last thing; Sirius’s clothes regenerate and even change patterns at times. It’s something I’ve never seen before, save her case. I’m not sure if it’s even relevant, but I figure I should mention it.”

As Jen finishes answering Rey, Dethrial pipes up with a few questions of his own. “Ah, of course, of course. In the simplest form, a vampire is a being that requires the blood of the living, usually humans’, to survive. Feeding on this blood causes the subject to become more powerful physically and mentally. The reverse happens in the absence of nutrition, though the mind is usually the first to suffer. A blood-starved vampire loses their sense of self, and will attack anything and everything to feed. Most vampires are considered 'undesirables' by society for obvious reasons...so I keep a low profile.” Jen turns his attention to his lethargic friend. Locking eyes with her for a moment to ensure he had all her information right, he looked back to Dethrial, “I’d be hesitant to compare her to a ‘corpser’, because based on what you’ve said before, they sound like rabid animals built to devour. She’s extremely intelligent, I assure you there’s nothing to worry about concerning her. Anyways as I'm sure you know,” nodding towards Rey, “and correct me if I’m mistaken Rey, there’s generally a couple of ways to ’create’ a zombie; both of which involve a necromancer either binding a soul to a body or providing energy and a sacrifice to raise the dead. The former may be possible in some way, if her soul’s bound to someone else’s body, but it’s unlikely; the latter is also unlikely considering she has her own free will, and in both cases her necromancer is absent. The way Sirius has explained it before, she should’ve stopped functioning ages ago. It’s all a bit above my head, so we sought Winters for answers. I imagine this is sort of his thing.”

Having satisfied the first round of answers, Jen sighed and planned on letting the group talk amongst themselves. His appetite had left him, and he felt a bit heavy. It had been a long day, and he was ready for it to end. J, who at this point had been talking to Selene on his own, was now relentlessly throwing out questions to each and every individual. Selene, who previously held a fairly normal childlike personality, robotically responded to every question the man asked. That’s depressing. Jen thought to himself as Selene shrugged off J’s offer of assistance. That military has done something irreparable to that girl. Something deep…

J continued on to ask Dethrial a slew of questions too, before addressing Jen and Sirius.
    The visored man lacked tact, but Jen gave him the benefit of the doubt for now. “I think the fact that I have no leads is fairly clear to me,” he says, cutting his eyes to J. “Yes she’s a zombie, and she was chewing on a finger. It’s not much different than your abomination of a plate,” he added jokingly. “She hasn’t eaten you or anyone else here, so I reckon you’re quite safe. She prefers her meals a bit more exotic anyways.” Jen’s tone toward the end might have come off a bit harsh, but it was a fair point to make in his mind. If she was planning on doing something like a “corpser,” her first victims wouldn’t be an armed group of individuals. Taking a breath, Jen answered the rest of his questions, “If I knew anything significant about her past I would share it with you all. When we find Winters, I’ll have more answers for you. I’ve been looking for a year now. I spent my first year and a half learning how to fight and live as a hunter. I can’t tell who,” he pauses momentarily, “Sired my infection... Like I said, I assume someone powerful wanted my family dead, so taking jobs killing vampires like them, seemed like a good way to start. I ask the right questions, but so far none of them knew a thing about it.”

Jen took another look at Sirius, who was staring at J with empty eyes through the steam of her body. When she glances at Jen, he returns a nod. Go ahead. Jen watched as Sirius’s rune-crested treat danced around the room, before dying again in the palm of her hand. “If we give it time, Sirius’s magic could lead us to Winters… Or at least that’s what I hope. Making sure not to let him off the hook, Jen spoke again to J, “On a side note, I’d like to know more about you, J. I know more about Selene than I do you, and I met her an hour or so ago.”

Last edited by Dazai on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed some punctuation issues)

Inventory
    Backpack: 6 lock picks, weapon maintenance tools, transfusion kit, box of vials, sister's scarf, heirloom short sword and dagger, hookshot

Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:54 pm

Reymondo raises a brow when Hammer holds up his finger, telling him to wait. He begins to tap his foot as he watches the man eat more of his meal. After Hammer explains a little bit, he couldn't help but be frustrated when he says he isn't going to tell him everything. Rey lets out a sigh, "I already told you. I do not know everything she knows. Mitsuko may be dead and nothing more than a ghost, but she still has a free will. The only thing she has told me about you is the name 'Hammer' and that you knew about me. She didn't even tell me how you knew me, just that you did. I will repeat to you what she told me in the past about other people she has been with. 'A men is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides.' She keeps other people's secrets tight."

Rey then turns when he notices the finger that Sirius had taken is now floating and pointing to the head that he had brought with him. He was about to say something but Jen starts explaining more about himself and Sirius. When Jen is done speaking is when he starts. "I'm guessing that making the finger point is one of the ways Sirius can get information? Do you know the reason it was pointing at the head I have? Did the person have info you guys need? Etherway I still need this head, as soon as we are all done getting to know each other I will explain why I kept this thing. Thank you for explaining about yourself. Also, if it is training you need Jen, I could show you a few things. I don't think I could help you awaken your magic however. All I can do is manipulate fire, can't even create it..."

Rey then sits back down as Selene explains about herself. He couldn't help but think back to his own intense training he had to endure when he was growing up. He recognized the shift in personality as she explains, it was how his parents had wanted him to be when he enters battle. He could almost hear their voice telling him, 'emotions lead to irrational decisions and actions.' It was one of the very few memories he still had of them. "I understand what you have been through Selene. I am sure growing up was hard when you are not only learning about life...but how to end it as well. If you ever just want to talk. I am willing. Heck, maybe you can teach me to make fire" He chuckles a little.

He then sees Mitsuko hovering around Selene, walking all around her and taking in details. He is about to say something when he sees her move over to the rest of the group. "What are you doing?" He asks, his head slightly tilted. If we are going to be hanging around these people, I want to study them. Memorize their every detail and see if I can find weaknesses. You and I both know that not everyone can be trusted forever." Rey lets out a sigh and nods. "You are indeed correct. I will just let you do as you please"

Inventory
    Lantern, Scythe, Protraction Apache Revolver, Branded summoning pentagram, Colette's AQL Code (#1209), Kaavi's AQL Code(#1811), A plain alloy box with one quartz crystal that Kaavi was testing, Rey's own AQL (#3356), Spirit Lens

"Revenge is an act of passion; Vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; Crimes are avenged."
    SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:21 pm

Dethrial was quite surprised as J seem had a small panic attack as Selene moved closer to him his face twisted in fear, anger, and shame and he seemed to be whispering something to her or maybe no one. He ended up on the floor in some sort of pose where her was all fours and kept his face to the ground showing signs of a broken man. After a moment he looked up and made a quip about Jen and Sirius which only relieved a bit of tension. He then stood back up and moved farther away from Selene. I've seen something like this before but only from people with terrible trauma...we all have our scars it seems and his has to do with people of Selene's race.

As J was recovering the object Sririus was holding turned out to indeed be a skeletal human finger and after a moment it sparked to life as odd runes and magic made it twitch and hover and eventually pointed towards the pillow case which Rey was carrying. Something made a shiver creep down Dethrial's spine and before he knew it he was drawing his blade only to quickly put it away and look a bit embarrassed. "I'm very sorry it is just a reaction to things of that nature, I mean no threat."

Jen then spoke up in an attempt to answer the questions before anything else happened. As he spoke about Sirius and himself Dethrial noticed that Jen described vampires as being that thrive off blood of humans and the living and that Sirius could heal her wounds easily. These answers only gave him more questions. He bit his lip for a moment but then spoke to Jen "With what you've told me I can say Sirius is not like the corpsers of my land as they do not heal and are mindless beasts but vampires as you call them seem to correlate with another monster of my land and are equally hated...but you seems sane as well and there are some rare stories of "Vampires" doing good and helping my people. I see you also have an quest to save your younger sister...but what will happen if you fail, will you become a monster?" As Dethrial says this his eyes have gone cold and there is a serious edge to his voice. After a moment J chimes back in with a slew of questions for just about everyone.

Selene seems rather passive but enjoying the fact that J and fallen apart because of her presence till J bombards her with far more personal questions. That is when Dethrial sees and hears the real side of the girl, her bubbly attitude dispersed and an cold voice and eyes of a soldier took it's place. As she spoke she retrieved a rifle from her bag and explained what she did. The concept of bullets healing people made Dethrial raise an eyebrow. When she finished Selene seemed to have some trouble returning to her previous self. She escaped but her friends didn't...I know that feeling and she's a sniper to add to that burden she already has. I won't let this happen Cindisil, she will not become a soldier to die on some god forsaken battlefield.

After Selene J targeted Dethrial and bombarded him with questions from his missions to his time a soldier. Dethrial ruffles his hair with his left hand and takes a deep breath. "I'm here to evaluate if the people here would be valuable allies and wither any of the people of this land can mix with my people. Though, the idea that we could be could completely incompatible was a question I asked my self...though I still have to try or at least see what any kinds of results are." He pauses for a moment and pulls up his sleeve to show his right arm to show the image of Orneil protecting a man and woman from an unseen threat. "This is a pretty accurate image of Orneil in her beast form but I was chosen for reasons I really don't know, and sometimes I hate it... I was supposed to be an craftsman or an engineer I loved to create and make new things but my fate was different." Dethrial took a deep breath and pulled out his helm. "The war is over for now we have a ceasefire, and the war was over land, resources, and a more religious reason that is not of importance now. I was put into the army at the age of fourteen and was in boot camp for six months and killed my first man two days after. I fought in the war for eight years and commanded a company of two hundred strong, and killed so many people I can't remember the number. I am twenty three as of two months ago and my daughter is fine. Thank you for your concern."

As he finished Dethrial hears Rey talking to Selene and interjects without thinking his voice cold as ice and edging on anger. "You can never understand what she's been though...unlike you warriors soldiers fight with out self and our lives are expendable as are the lives of our foes. We are broken to be made into weapons and we may never recover. But we continue anyway hoping to find reason to keep living even after we've died on the battlefield." He then looks at Rey and makes direct eye contact with no change in this voice. "I may also ask that you recall your....spirit as I do not feel comfortable having it skulk about and I think the others would agree."

Last edited by SloneHalcourt on Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Hamma-Man

Post by Hamma-Man on Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:14 am

Rauj dodges Selene's head-pat instinctively, and smoothly; still extremely sensitive to people coming in contact with his Vizor. She tries to jokingly assuage his worries, but to no avail, as he takes his fear quite seriously. After trying and failing to recollect himself via his meal and explaining that his knowledge of the Vlček won't be given freely, he listens to what the pale horned man has to say raising his eyebrow at 'A man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides.' He thinks of it for a moment, nodding slowly in acknowledgement... to some extent. He could think of a few counter examples, but even in his own profession he had to agree that it was true for the most part. He sucks his teeth, not especially satisfied with the answer, as it basically confirmed that the specter more than likely knew more than he wanted her to know, and he honestly didn't trust the man enough to give him everything but a bit would be fine, at least telling him what the older man he had met told him.

He swept the pyro's explanation aside for the moment, instead trying to collect himself enough to concentrate on his own questions for the group members. After he bombards Selene with numerous questions, her ballistic way of healing making him squint in confusion, he focuses intensely on her changing attitude as the pressure increases, as her tone changes and her cutesy facade falls away to reveal a battle-hardened, no-nonsense warrior. It's as he expected actually, he had heard that Teyness had been attempting this underground, higher ups not approving of this method at all... outwardly at least. She probably had a mental barrier that only expressed itself during times of battle, one that made it easier to cope with the horrors of the battlefield. It was his first time experiencing such an existence, yet he made a note to prepare himself for it just in case, it also attributed to his earlier suspicions somewhat. "I need to be careful around this girl. Definitely. She's much more dangerous than she appears." His features harden with the stern realization of this fact as the rabbit, shifts back to her original state, trembling as she becomes docile once more. He closes his eyes, sighing before he shifts to the next contestant of his on the spot quiz, Dethrial.

The Alv answers by first seeming to prepare himself for it, ruffling his hair and breathing deep as he seems to be going though a slew of history, or some hard times and harder explanations. Rauj couldn't really tell, he was still pretty bad at reading people's mannerisms at face value. From what he said so far he could put together three important facts, to him at least. One, Alvs are apparently considered adults at an absurdly young age, Two that the man was a father at the age of 16, and Thirdly the war had ended merely a bit over a year ago... if his math was correct. Rauj visually cocked his head to one side at these revelations. Other races were absurdly interesting indeed. But it all supported his need to go out and not only create allegiances, but 'mingle' with other people and races. His home must've been so wracked by the war that their population had fallen to dangerous levels, outsourcing and mixing blood was the only choice for his race's survival. Rauj nodded somberly, ironically the foreigner was more than likely the most trustworthy person in the room, moreso than the thief himself. Satisfied with the answers given, he turned to Jen, his turn on the quiz wheel had arrived!

Rauj had worked with a few vampires before, so Jen's explanation of their characteristic's weren't news to him, and the thief previously acknowledged the Zambambino's intellect, but the hunter's explanation of Sirius's absurd healing potential honestly had him quite surprised, minus the question of what removing her head would do, though with the way he had just explained it, she would either grow her head back, the head would regrow the body, or it could just merely be reattached, unless the head was destroyed. That could well be the only thing that could stop her other than the three majors. Her regeneration and ability to change her clothing's patterns had Rauj a bit intrigued as well. He began to wonder if she was under some kind of necromantic time spell; one that kept an original image and form in mind, and brought her back to it again and again despite the damage, didn't explain the clothing though. Still if she was... It made her an invaluable specimen. A pretty scary example of a scientific breakthrough, hard to believe whatever created her just decided to allow her to wander freely as she had been so far. He considered trying to turn a profit off of her, but quickly dismissed it, though the information could still be pretty high in value. He smirked as he considered the idea "Might even lead what they're looking for straight to them... Heh, in a roundabout way, i'd be helping even. Probably."

He shrugs, "...An idea for another time I suppose." Jen eventually gets around to the thief's questions, starting with a few offhanded insults, though Rauj was mostly unfazed, merely amused by the vamp's wit. The simple-minded couldn't understand his godlike-palate anyway. Though flesh could taste similar, not that he'd try it, he highly doubted even the most rich-blooded animal could vaguely compare to the masterpieces he himself had created.  Honestly Rauj couldn't even vaguely understand why everyone seemed so irritated with him asking questions, maybe it was how he was asking them? "Maybe i should say them like some kinda goofy goober..." He shakes the thought away, "Did I ask too much?" He finds himself dumbfounded as to the origins of their aggression, though with how often it happened, even on past jobs, you'd think he would've caught on to his tactlessness. As he reflects on this, Jen basically attests to his suspicions, no leads, merely hunting vampires as he came across them. "Wonder if he realizes not all of them see people as livestock, and that who he's looking for... is probably royalty, or possibly even protected by some pretty influential family members or friends. Not that i can say i haven't ruined the lives of a few innocents either. Not my problem I suppose." As he muses, Jen seems to silently confirm something with Sirius, (who had been dead-ass staring at Rauj though he'd been doing a fantastic job of not giving in to the nagging need to say something) whom Rauj flicks his attention back to. She fiddles with an interesting cloth and wraps it around the remains of the now-confirmed digit. He shifts to examine it, but it suddenly jolts to life, and after a few cursory movements settles on pointing at the pillowcase Rey had brought in with him. Rauj is in awe. He pegged the combination as some sort of location spell and was extremely curious as to how it worked, it had even confirmed his earlier suspicion as to what the goat boy's bag held for the most part, definitely slimmed down the possibilities to a nigh guarantee when combined with the thief's own suspicions. His thought process is shattered by Jen's final comment though. Rauj looks straight at the 'Vampire Hunter' and smirks toothily. "True, true. Fair enough. Answers for answers I suppose, Ask me anything. Nothing too personal though, i'd like to put the whole rouge situation behind me if at all possible, let's just chalk it up to: Trauma. This alliance lasts? I might get into it. Over lots of hard liquor... And Yes, Rey" He turns to the man, "This will include what I know."

Inventory
    Visor, Spiked Knuckles, Spark Ring, Bap-Master (Totem), Magicked Room Key [#52], AQL#1502, Pass-Codes notebook, AQL Design-Sheet, Duffel Bag

"Its Better to Cross the Line and Suffer the Consequences then to Just Stare at the Line for the Rest of Your Life."
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:47 am

As the evening goes on and everyone exchanges stories of their experiences, explainations, and generally gets to know one another an uncanny feeling of comfort begins to settle in. Despite possible tensions and small annoyances between some of the individuals the atmosphere seems to become rather relaxing.

Lyn stretches briefly before making herself a little more comforterable. She continues to watch the group, listening to their conversations although somewhat less intently.
    Her and Sirius seem to be on the same page as Jen notices the slight pressure against his arm. Seems like Sirius has fallen asleep against him - a rarity, because from what he can tell she rarely needs much sleep, if at all. For all he knows it's just a way to pass the time for her. In any case it seems to just be one of those rare nights.

The conversations continue for a while longer.

In a funny change of mood it seems like the occupants of the room suddenly feel a lot more open about their secrets. Safe even. Ready to talk about things freely.
    The comfort continues to sink in, so much in fact that one by one the group begins to become weary. Drained even. Exhausted.

Lyn blinks a few times in surprise, realizing at one point she seems to have fallen asleep.
    She yawns and turns to adress the young rogue she will be sharing her quarters with.
    "I'm terribly sorry to inconvenience you but... could you show me to your room? I seem to be getting rather enervated."
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:19 pm

As the other continue with their stories about themselves Rey chimes in. She smiles as he speaks so her. "Thank you..." She says faintly. Her expression saddens slightly. "I-I try not to think about it but sometimes...well I'm sure you know..." She frowns as her eyes wander. "Most of the time I can-" Her ears shift behind her. She sees Rey looking behind her speaking to someone. Someone she never heard, but her senses pick up something behind her. Within the blink of an eye she stands and spins around swinging her left leg to kick with intent to harm whom ever might be there. Her body stops and lightning cracks up her thigh and runs down and stops at her ankle. Dust kicks up at her right foot as her body is stuck solid in this position. Her face looked murderous. Intent to kill, but in self defense. Her face shifts back very confused. She lowers her leg and goes back to the standing position. She holds out her hand and pauses tilting her head. She looks back at Rey. "Who are you talking to?" She asks. Her voice was a mix between her serous and cheery tone. "I sensed there was someone here and there isn't." She moves her hand around. "Yet its cold..." She feels the temperature return slowly. "Now it seems to be..." She moves her hand left and right and senses the temperature shift seems to be slowly moving. "It seems to be moving..." She begins to move from person to person following the phenomenon. She steps slowly and jumps forward here and there. Being ever so cautious, but also slightly animalistic in her playful curiosity.

She doesn't fully pay attention to what the others are talking about as the wanders around the room. Until Dethrial speaks. Snapping at Rey. This slightly frustrated her. "Its okay..." She says rubbing her head nervously at his comment. "There is no need to get upset." She says making a motion for him to calm down. "I honestly don't expect anyone to fully comprehend what I've been through. Then again..." She twiddles her thumbs while looking at the floor. "Though I never wanted anyone to, and i never expected someone to go out of their way to do so. I'm not looking for attention Mr. Dethrial. A slight nod is enough for me to know they understand. Thats all I really need." She bows at Dethrial. "I thanks you for your concern though." She smiles. "I might be young but I can protect myself." She gives him a thumbs up.

After she goes back to her spot she grabs her gun and places it back into her bag. She grabs her plate and begins to eat as she is cut off by Lyn. "Oh!! Oh yeah!!!" She pipes up jumping to her feet. She runs to the door. "Its room 210!!" She says in an excited flurry. "Its down the hall...up the stairs..." She points frantically down the hall. "I'll go get your bed ready!!" Her face was beaming. This being the first time she actually had someone in her room she wanted. Not sharing it with someone that irritated her. She sprints down the hall. Her foot steps get faint. Then begin to get louder and she runs back into the room and staggers forward as she attempts to stop herself and grabs her plate. "Thank you very much for the food." She says to Rauj. Just as quick as she enters she is out the door. "COME ON!!!" She yells down the hall. A slight clunk is heard as she drops her plate off at the bar and slight thumping as she runs to the second floor.

She flies through her room door and throws Lyn's bed together. She tears off Chizuko's bed sheets replacing them with hers. There wasn't anything wrong with them it was just out of respect. She puts it back together. "it has to be perfect." She mutters with determination. Not noticing her bed behind her is now torn apart as well.
    Dazai
    Player
    Player

Post by Dazai on Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:43 pm

Immediately after Jen finished speaking, Rey inquired further. “Of course. As far as I know, she's able to have pieces find their origin. She's doesn't talk frequently, so I usually just guess the specifics for things like this. I imagine it will eventually lead us to the rest of the group you all were fighting… wherever they are.”

Having nearly talked himself to death, Jen found himself rather exhausted. He stretched a bit as he listened to the group. Jen would've been surprised at Selene’s sudden kick, but at this point, he was unfazed. Dethrial had already drawn his weapon twice today, and Rey was a constant fire hazard... Jen had decided death was unavoidable approximately 4 minutes after meeting both of them. As for who Rey was constantly talking to, Jen didn't think much of it. It was definitely a ghost, so there wasn't anything he could do about it’s presence. It wasn't the first supernatural thing he'd “seen”, so it wasn't anything special. Besides, Rey was his friend, it has no reason to do anything malicious.

Some time had passed, and Jen found himself drifting into a comfortable sleep. As he started to look toward Sirius, he realized she was fast asleep against him. Wow, even you huh? Jen silently starts to raise his unoccupied arm to grab everyone's attention, when Selene suddenly burst out with excitement. The small rabbit-like girl frantically dashed into the hallway to show Lyn where she was staying, before coming right back for her plate. Running out of the room again, plate in hand, Selene hurried to return her dish and prepare her room for Lyn. Jen stares at the door frame for several seconds, slightly confused about Selene's extravagant route, as well as the familiar sensation that enveloped him. The longer he sat there, the more he felt homesick. Regaining a fraction of his senses, Jen drowsily thanks the group for the night, “It’s been a pleasure. Thank you all for your time and your stories... I’m going to get some rest. I can hardly keep my eyes open.” After everyone begins to do their own thing, Jen carefully lays Sirius on the bed, and resigns himself to sleeping on the ground. This won't be so bad. He thinks as he takes his bag from beneath the bed to use it as a makeshift pillow. His thoughts swirled around as he absentmindedly set his equipment on the table. and went to lay down. Jen put his hand to the scarf around his neck. For what felt like the first time in a long while, the son of Korë and Etree Sjolar, didn't feel hopelessly lost.

Last edited by Dazai on Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:07 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Punctuation fixes)

Inventory

Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:30 pm

Reymondo lets out a small sigh as he notices Dethrial starting to draw is weapon yet again before sheathing it and apologizing. He was about to say something about it when the man suddenly give his crap for trying to be nice to Selene. Rey just stares at the man for a few moments before speaking. "You warn Jen not to become a monster if he is to fail his mission, yet you draw your weapon to everything and anything you don't like and think the baggage you hold is more important than anyone else's. I was just trying to show this girl that she isn't alone and that I do not hold anything she has done against her nor am I judging the horrible past she most of had. I wanted to give her a chance to talk about it and heal. So tell me, who is the monster again?" He also couldn't help but smile as Selene says something to him as well.

Rey then turns to see Selene following Mitsuko. He couldn't help but be shocked that she is able to closely follow behind Mitsuko. "This is the first time in a long time that someone was able to track me. I don't think she can see me, but I am assuming thanks to what she is, she is able to sense me. How very interesting." She then looks over at Dethrial as he asks Rey to 'Recall his spirit'. She chuckles while shaking her head. "I don't think he was listening to you when you said that you don't have control of me." Rey looks over to her, she has finished making mental notes about everyone and is standing next to Rey once again. "No, it would appear he didn't." He doesn't explain it again.

He watches as Lyn asks to be shown to her room and Selene run out of the room. Before Lyn walks out to join her, Rey stands up and stops her for a moment. "Please be careful. We still don't know what her plans are or why she was so willing to drop the people she knew to just up and join a bunch of strangers. Be on your guard, just incase she is planning something." Rey then walks her to the door and opens it for her. When she walks out, he bows low for her. "Have a great night. Sleep well."

He turns back into the room to see Jen starting to fade. "Some of the people here are a bit of a lightweight when it comes to staying awake." Rey doesn't reply, just chuckles a bit. As he listens to Jen asking them to leave. "Sure thing. Let's go gentlemen" He walks over to grab is dishes and his pillow case. "Have a good night Jen and Sirius. I will see you both in the morning. I hope to have answers on where we need to go next in order to find Winters." He bow for them as well before he walks out of the room and makes his way to his room. As he is walking, he pulls out his AQL and tries to get it to work. Being the first time he has ever used this, he isn't entirely sure how to use it.

Inventory

SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:25 am

Dethrial is again forced hold his tongue to prevent any kind of conflict as Rey makes some strikes at him for defending Selene but also realizes that he needs to calm down seeing as everyone seems more afraid of him than anyone else. What worried him more is how Selene reacted to the spirit and then seemed to try and brush off the issue and then tell him everything was alright right after.She acts like she's fine but that attack shows that she's either still struggling with her other side or they are one in the same. I might have to have a more private talk with her to see how she's doing...and hope she doesn't fall apart or explode.

Dethrial ruffles his hair while finally picking up his plate and takes a few cautious bites of food and nods as it tastes pretty good and found it difficult to not just scarf down everything that moment and instead takes slow bites and looks around. He notices J looking discouraged at many of the answers being mostly negative, Jen and Sirius falling asleep and Lyn close behind, Rey looked rather smug as he spoke to the spirit again. Dethrial kept rather quite while he was eating and was about to take a sip of his ale when Lyn asked Selene to show her to their room, the young woman's response was immediate and up beat enough to make Dethrial pause to raise an eyebrow and then take a long drought. The drink was warmer than he expected and had a sweet taste to it and a bitter finish. Hmm, not bad but it's not nearly as good as the stuff we have back home...I'm going to have to take a lot of notes about the food here and damn near everything else.

As Lyn was about to leave the room Rey went up to her and gave a similar warning on how Selene probably could not be trusted and finished with some sort of bow, and at this point Dethrial realized that the young woman could be listing right now with those large ears of hers. Pushing away any more negative thoughts Dethrial continued to eat and drink in a polite way hoping to not cause any more trouble all the while writing a few notes down in one of his books. Knowing something bad was going to happen if he followed Rey knowing the contents of the pillow case were foul, Dethrial spoke up in a soft, calm voice "Jen and Sirius, I want to ask if I could stay here tonight...I know I haven't shown a lot of redeeming qualities but there are a few more questions I have for you and I do not wish to have the others fight over who has a bed. I'm a quite sleeper and won't cause any trouble." Dethrial does his best to appear harmless and smiles.
    Hamma-Man

Post by Hamma-Man on Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:57 pm

Rauj shrugs but doesn’t bring any attention to the lack of questions for him, honestly it was better that way, no need to explain anything or spread any half-truths. "Truth be told? I'm here to get the know the place a bit better. Leirotuet, is a well known academy city, but unfortunately if you don't have skill with magic, its hard to actually access the academy regularly. See there's something I'm looking for, It’s a ring much like the one here," He shows off the ring on his right middle finger, the lightning within ever dancing in a frantic display of untapped power waiting to be unleashed. I'd bore you with the details, but lets just say I'm looking for rings similar to it. He marvels over it, admiring it a bit.

"There are 12 in all each representing separate energies." Suddenly getting much more serious he states, "My father made them, and they were stolen from him. I want to get them back, so any information helps." He pauses for a moment then goes on to explain his past a bit. "I used to work with him, making all kinds of tools those who are not magically inclined could use to make their lives easier. I enjoyed it quite a bit... but eventually word of his magnificent leaps in the field caught the attention of the wrong people and they attempted to kill him; Take his greatest work for themselves. I learned then that he wasn't quite the passive person I thought he was..." Rauj smirks a bit somberly, reflecting on something that made him both proud but sad at the same time, "...The end of innocence in a way. Long story short, we survived, but the rings were stolen. After leaving me with... my mother..." Which he says in a way that drips contempt, "...He took off to get those rings back, said they were too important to allow others to use as they wish. I haven't seen him since. That was almost 15 years ago. I've given up on ever getting that life back, hell I'm not even sure he's still alive... But I want to make sure those rings are back with the family or at least people I can trust. I was hoping I could find some info here in the city, but..." He trails off, seemingly fine with leaving it at that.

Rey seems to speak offhandedly to the apparition that accompanies him, and the chill of someone watching the thief causes him to shift uncomfortably; but knowing damn well there was nothing he could do about it… for now… he doesn’t make a move or tell the pyromancer to advise the ghost to stop. Having already stated she has a mind of her own he doesn’t see a point, she was just as likely to ignore the goat anyway. Still, the feeling unnerves him. He closes his eyes, instead envisioning what he remembers of her actual form, and following her trail around the room mentally via where he felt the chill coming from. Rauj was half-listening to Selene respond to Rey during this time, He sits cross legged, attempting to finish his meal when she suddenly cuts herself off, drawing most of the Thief’s attention. She goes into an extremely alert trance he’s seen far too many times in the past. As she pounces up and attacks, he ducks and shifts quickly away, her kick harmlessly passing over his head. He stares at her, not surprised, or even really concerned, but paying close attention to her movements and mannerisms. While her kick didn't seem to have much behind it, he sees a bit of electricity dance along her leg and whistles lightly, "Her magic potential and ability is low, but her control is on point." looking where she kicked he also notes how precise her swing was. "Accurate and precise as well." She wavers between her two apparent persona before going on to track the specter further, but Rauj barely pays it any mind, finishing his meal and making a note to thank the patrons of the inn for it later.  

Lyn expresses her concern for the state of her resting chambers, and Selene springs to action dashing to and fro before thanking Rauj for the meal and heading upstairs. He nods in acknowledgement and stands as well seeing that everyone else seemed to have the same idea, with Rey being a possible exception, who gives Lyn a quick warning in regards to Selene before seeing her off. Rauj goes to give his dishes back to the innkeepers as well soon after Rey begins to leave, hearing Detrial ask Jen is he could room with the Vamp-Zambo pair before he walks into the inn proper.  

After offering his thanks for the meal, Rauj follows Rey instead. He knows there's defintely something less-than-desireable in the pillowcase he carries, but can't help but feel a growing curiosity towards the purpose of carrying it around. He takes note of the man's tinkering with his AQL and nods in affirmation. "Definitely the right choice." Being crepuscular, Rauj wasn't quite ready for bed either, and with the combination of the two AQLs and the bluprints the thief still had tucked away, he could make some interesting progress and learn something new, a far more interesting way to spend the night in his opinion. Added to the fact he still figured the Pyro should have knowledge of what Rauj had discovered in regards to the man's lineage during his searches in regards to his own, privately if at all possible.

Inventory

★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:15 am

Slowly succumbing to their unnatural comfort the group begins to scatter to their respective rooms.
    Selene is the first to rush out of the room, then back, and then out again, this time with her plate. In her excitement she doesn't seem to pay any attention to her surroundings.

Rey exits Jens room, smelling the much appreciated hallway air. You don't really notice how bad the smell of smoldering human... or zombie in this case... can be untill you're out of it.
    He pulls out his AQL and mimicks the motion he's seen so many people perform today; Sliding his finger from the tip of the crystal about to the middle.
    It humms softly and whirrs to life with a fine glow. A display of sorts emerges from the crystal. The bright light of it hurts his eyes and he seems to be getting somewhat dizzy.
    To his surprise he didn't realize how tired he was.

He decides to save the call for another time and instead walks back into the main room with Rauj. As he leaves he briefly overhears Dethrials request to Jen. It didn't really matter, or maybe he was too tired to care. The man would do what he wanted to and perhaps that was for the better. Right now, he and everyone else just had this overwhelming need to sleep all of a sudden.
    He continues on down the hallway with Rauj in tow, going up the stairs and towards his room. He barely sees Lyn enter a room near him, carrying Selenes bag - The girl must have forgotten it in her excitement.

At least the two of them knew Lyn would be close by, incase anything happened.

Sleep...
    It felt like none of the Inns colourful occupants had slept in days.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:35 am