Welcome to the Neogaea Roleplay Community

A1.0 - Académie de Conflict

★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Re: A1.0 - Académie de Conflict

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:43 pm

The moment Selene yells out her offer the entire Inn becomes incredibly still.

The laughter stops, and there is barely a sound as the majority of the room - including her former travel companions - are now staring in the direction of the group. The thick sense of awkwardness seems to linger forever but eventually the Inn begins to chatter and fall back into it's usual noisy and excited atmosphere.

Lyn had instinctively taken a step back, surprised by the event. While she is at first unsure, she looks about the place. Dethrial semes to be zoning out and Rauj suddenly seems to want to talk to Rey discretely. Her only other option would entail Jen. She looks back at him remembering the strange girl with him.

Finally she turns to the young Rogue infront of her and smiles. "Actually, this would turn out to be the ideal proposal. My name is Lyn'ee, It is a pleasure to meet you."
    She glances back at Rey and Rauj, musing to herself. "A person like this can't possibly harm anyone. This place maybe different but it's directives do not seem to far off from ours."

She decides to try and intervene, taking a few choice steps towards them before clearing her throat. "I am not really all that hungry. I've decided to overnight with..." she takes a moment to try and recall "...with Selene. But you had made mentioned of a consultation?"
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:19 pm

Still frozen with embarrassment she slowly rises as someone addresses her. The first was Jen. When she looked up in his direction she noticed how his hair was done up. Oddly enough this relaxed her to see someone who cares about how their hair looks as much as her. She smiled faintly. Next she hears the man with the horns speak regarding the awkward opening and looking at another man he addressed as Dethrial who seemed astonished while looking at her. Selene takes a slight step back and pulls her staff close as if to hide behind it. "No..." She says. "Again my name is Selene." She turns back to the man with the horns. "I'm from Teyness. It's a military country. I got out while I could." Her expression fades a bit and she sighs. She looks at the last man. Rauj. "No we haven't met." She looks him in the eyes with a calm smile. "It just so happens that you could be the people I'm looking for."

After she hears Lyn's answer how is over joyed. "AWESOME!!!!" She says as she jumps and claps. See that wasn't so hard. I'm a master at this. "My room number is room 210. She turns back to the man with the horns. "Actually I'm looking for people to travel with. The ones I was with a moment have been with me for a while, but they want to go one way while I wants to go another. Though I'm not sure where you're going I'm sure it wont matter to me in the long run. Also no I don't see it as risky at all." She looks up at him smiling cutely with her eyes shut. "I'm military trained. I've been doing it for nine years. I'm not to worried." She notices Rauj speaking softly to the man as she speaks. Wanted AND rude. A funny and completely expected combination. By this time her heart rate has slowed significantly. She turns back to Dethrial. "Um...Mister...Dethrial was it? I'm sorry if you took me for someone else. Who are you talking about?" Surprisingly enough Selene consciously realizes She has not only turned completely in this man's direction, but she is looking right at him. What they hell? She thinks. This is getting easier. She smiles. The lower part of the back of her coat was bouncing around showing that her tail was slowly wagging happily back and forth.
    Dazai
    Player
    Player

Post by Dazai on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:00 pm

“Nine years!” Jen blurts out, astonished at the girl’s remark. She's had military experience for nine years? A child soldier maybe? But she seems so innocent... Jen thought to ask her a slew of questions himself, but instead decided to gauge his party’s reactions. Lyn was perplexed at first, but quickly accepted the offer. Jen’s eyes followed her to Rey and J, the latter holding a threatening posture. Please don't piss that guy off, I'd rather not have the inn burn down. Before deciding if he needed to intervene, Jen glances to Dethrial, and sees the man in a trance. The last time Dethrial had flashbacks, it wasn’t the most pleasant experience. Wow, our group is not making a good first impression. Leaving Rey and J to their own devices, Jen opted to help Dethrial recover his conversation. Tapping Lyn on the shoulder, he quickly whispers, “We can go have that meeting. I’ll get Deth. The food is coming to my room I'm assuming?” After hearing Lyn's response, Jen takes a fraction of a second to look at the two’s heated exchange, before again whispering, “Good luck with those two.”

Jen turns on his heels to Dethrial and Selene. “She does kinda look like Cindisil, doesn’t she?” Jen interjects, giving Deth a good firm slap on the back to bring him to his senses. Returning Selene’s cheerful smile, he continues, “Listen Selene, we’re about to eat together in room 05. If you’d like, you’re more than welcome to join us. It’d be a pleasure to know more about you, and vice versa of course. You can bring your food with you if you’re not done eating!” Jen found it odd that the girl didn’t seem to care where his group was headed, yet wanted to leave her previous group for that very reason. The answer was that she knew something, and Jen wanted to figure out what that “something” was. He figured it had to do with Winters in some way. After all, the scene in the alley was anything but discreet. “Let’s head that way, shall we?”

Inventory
    Backpack: 6 lock picks, weapon maintenance tools, transfusion kit, box of vials, sister's scarf, heirloom short sword and dagger, hookshot

"Do you know why I chose you? Luck."
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:07 am

Reymondo was a bit caught off guard when Hammer goes from agree with him about how suspicious Selene was acting, to him turning around and grabbing his shoulding and being rather angry. Rey's face shows that he wasn't expeting this but it quickly turns back to his normal smiling demeanor, aside from his eyes. His eyes were as hard as steel and as cold as ice, truly showing how angry he was about this. Rey sees Mitsuko walk around Selene and stands behind Hammer slightly chuckling to herself. "I'm sorry Rey, I should've told you that he isn't to keen on other people knowing anything about him."

Rey only looks at Mitsuko for a moment before looking at Hammer, making sure to lock eyes before speaking. "I don't know what your issue is. Mitsuko has refused to tell me anything about what she saw when you held her. The only thing she told me was that you liked to be called Hammer instead." He says this while keeping a calm voice but the last few words slip how unhappy his is. "I know nothing about you-" "But he knows about you~" Mistuko cuts Rey off in a taunting tone. Rey then looks at her, expecting her to tell him what Hammer knows but she says nothing more.

Rey then look back at Hammer, "As I was saying before I was interrupted. I don't know anything about you and she refuses to tell me anything about you. She told me and I quote, 'A man has a right to his secrets.' Now let me go before this turns ugly." When Rey is done talking, his smiling demeanor is gone and Hammer can physically feel that his body temperature has increased.

Inventory
    Lantern, Scythe, Protraction Apache Revolver, Branded summoning pentagram, Colette's AQL Code (#1209), Kaavi's AQL Code(#1811), A plain alloy box with one quartz crystal that Kaavi was testing, Rey's own AQL (#3356), Spirit Lens

"Revenge is an act of passion; Vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; Crimes are avenged."
    "I do not live in hope. I work to return it."
    SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:28 pm

Dethrial seemed lost for a moment as he looked at the young woman's face and heard her few words about being a soldier he felt a mix of pity, sorrow, and the sudden urge to hug her and to tell her everything was going to be alright. His eyes grew misty and tears threatened to shatter any composure he had built but a slap on the back allowed Dethrial to steel himself again. It was Jen who brought him out of his funk looking far better than he did before and a sincere smile on his face, Dethrial made a quick mental note of how fast he recovered and let Jen talk. As Jen spoke trying to cheer him up, though as he did Dethrial realized that he had let his daughter's name slip.

Before he could think of something Selene asked him who he was talking about and her voice seemed to wrench the answer out of him his words flowing freely. "Cindisil is my six year old daughter, and you look so very much like her, I just remembered something." Finally realizing his mistake Dethrial stops himself and looks away from Selene trying to regain some composure again and wiping his eyes with his sleeve he put on a smile and speaks again but in a more even tone. "Sorry, I'm just not feeling well today and a lot of things have happened that have shaken my moral compass." "oh, my name is Dethrial Atheriein and I'm a Son of Orneil...a soldier in other words."

Turning to Jen Dethrial then placed his hand on his shoulder in a friendly way and said "I think some food would do me good, and Jen is correct you are more than welcome to eat with us." a sad smile pulled at his lips for a moment and then he moves over toward the door but notices Rey and J are looking like they are about to fight and gets ready to interfere.
    Hamma-Man

Post by Hamma-Man on Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:14 am

'Could be the people she's looking for.' The phrase didn't assuage his suspicions at all, but there we bigger problems at the moment. Rey explains Mistuko's cruel joke, constantly glancing away, probably towards the spectral wench as she floats playfully about; just as Rauj considers various ways to... misplace... the piece of junk the next time he gets his hands on it, Rey then proceeds to threaten him and decides heating himself up to get his point across would make the thief back off.

"Heh... you have no idea how ugly it could get Goat Boy... and before you bleat any further you might want to check the info she gives you next time... and take a bath, ya smell like Ass..." He smirks as he corrects himself letting the man go at the same time,  "I mean Ash. That, various burnt meats, and... " Rauj recoils after visually, and audibly sniffing, "Burning hair... Its not a very appealing combination of smells, a very unusual one as well... i wonder why you would smell like that... " Rauj alludes to the smell of Rey's recent incineration sticking to the man's clothing, taking a few steps back, adding, "...Then again if you weren't so quick to violence, it wouldn't be so bad. I asked a question... albeit a bit angrily... " Rauj mentions offhand, admitting somewhat to his own faults, "...And you instantly get hot under the collar, knowing damn well you weren't privy to that information. Imagine what you would think if someone you didn't know suddenly called you a family nickname they shouldn't- COULDN'T know AND from what you know, they essentially ripped that info straight out of your mind." He sucks his teeth making a 'Tch' sound before answering his own question, "...Actually based on the pattern you've shown so far, i'm guessing your response would involve Fire. As usual."  

He knew he was being blunt and brusque, but even if it was an honest mistake due to Rey's wraith playing asinine tricks on him, he still wanted Rey to know he didn't agree with his methods, and to be wary of 'something' that would like to advise him, but doesn't feel or share the consequences of her actions. "Blindly following a ghost? Foolish. No better way to express that than to have someone spell it out for you, i guess." Rauj had ignored Lyn up to that point, but finally answers her, still backing towards room 05, "Yeah, we wanted to have a bit of a talk, get to know each other i suppose, and to a further extent, figure out what our next move would be... That is if our resident hothead is done smoldering." And with that Rauj quickly heel turns straight into the room done with the discussion, satisfied with the feeling of getting his point across.

Inventory
    Visor, Spiked Knuckles, Spark Ring, Bap-Master (Totem), Magicked Room Key [#52], AQL#1502, Pass-Codes notebook, AQL Design-Sheet, Duffel Bag
    Belt Contains: 9 lock picks (4 enchanted), Shuko 2x, Ashiko 2x
    Boots Contain: 2 small daggers

"Its Better to Cross the Line and Suffer the Consequences then to Just Stare at the Line for the Rest of Your Life."
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:55 pm

The door to Jen's room swings open and Rauj is the first to make his way into the room after having made his point very clear.

The room is nothing special. There is a basic bed, probably comfortable enough, and a table against the wall with a chair tucked under it. To the far side of the room is an alcove - Likely for the lavatory. There are a few poorly painted pictures on the wall which accurately reflect the rest of the Inn... Plain but inviting with just enough money spent to make things comfortable but also enough saved to spend on good food and drink instead.

Sirius looks up from her spot as Rauj enters;on the floor right against the wall next to the bed. She seems to be messing around with that cloth she was carrying around earlier. For a brief moment she stares at him expressionless but then loses interest again and continues to mess with the cloth.

Lyn on the other hand still seems a good bit concerned with what just happened. She doesn't understand any of the implications or the circumstance so she decides it is not hers to pay any mind to.
    She turns to Selene to adress her. "Right then. If you are interested in them then it would certainly be good for you to be here, too, when we go over the details. You are welcome to join us if you would like."
    And with that she goes to catch up with Rauj in Jen's room.
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:26 pm

Selene jumps about 5 1/2 feet off the ground with an 'EEPP!!' at Jen blurting out. Her heart racing she looks at him wide eyed. "Ye-yes. Nine years... At Father's request..." Her voice was a little shook but she was able to answer him. "I ended up escaping the compound...alone..." She sighs and her eyes trail down, but then slowly began to raise. She weakly smiles. Jen points out Selene being a look-a-like. Seeing him attempt to bring the large man out of his funk made her at ease. At least they show concern for each other. She looks over to the other two men. Or at least THESE two. She snaps back when her "twin" is revealed to be this man's daughter. "Oh..." She says faintly. "I didn't mean to bring up sad memories...I'm...sorry." Her heart sinks. I didn't mean to hurt you...I'm sorry...don't hate me... Her face was visable sinking into a depressed state. I wish Daddy cried for me... Her eyes tear up before she clears her throat and blinks a few times.

She Picks up the slight conflict between her target and the man he is grabbing. Men...always trying to be tougher than the other. Pointless. She begins to mentally mocks the two. Ahhhh my dicks bigger. NO MINE. Grrrrr I'm so tough. Idiots. She scoffs and turns her head away in a huff. Though this is giving me an idea on how he handles some situations. As Rauj walks backwards the only thing Selene is thinking is. Please trip. PLEASE trip. Oh my god That would be so funny. Sadly this doesn't happen and she frowns. She looks up at Lyn when she offers her to come along. "Thanks I'd be happy to." She looks back at Jen. "I'd love to learn more about everyone." She smiles cutely with her head cocked and her eyes closed. "Though its only down the hall...RACE YOU THERE!!" Selene runs past everyone left and weaves back and forth with her arms out making woosh noises.
    Dazai
    Player
    Player

Post by Dazai on Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:10 pm

She really is just a kid… It must be terribly lonely for her. Jen didn't embrace the harsh reality that was thrust on him; he could only imagine how difficult it must be for Selene. Noticing her gaze drift to J and Rey, he said, “I wouldn't worry too much about them. They're a bit prickly, but they'll get over whatever they're arguing about.” Maybe. As Jen made for his room, Selene sprinted past him at a remarkable speed. Weaving in between the inn’s tables and patrons like some sort of goofy plane, the girl called out a challenge that made Jen laugh quietly to himself. He enjoyed her childlike demeanor; it sat better with him than the looming threat of incineration by hellfire, impalement by rogue paladin, or whatever J could cook up as an insult. Deciding to humor Selene, Jen picked up his pace, but deliberately chose not to beat her there... or so he would say.

Upon entering his room ahead of Lyn, Jen met eyes with J. The two exchanged glances only for a fraction of a second before Jen looked to spot Sirius. The lightning fast assessment of J’s face was all he needed to see. The man was clearly still upset about whatever happened between him and Rey. Even more so, he had a more than obvious aversion to Selene. Both instances peaked Jen’s curiosity, but he didn't plan on pursuing them further. It'll come out on it's own. “Well you beat me, Selene! I'm not nearly as fast as I used to be.” Jen said cheerfully as he went to sit next to Sirius, who was still fidgeting with her cloth. After hearing her response, if any, he looks more closely at the piece of material in Sirius’s hand. “Is that from this afternoon?” he asks in a quieter tone.

Inventory
    Backpack: 6 lock picks, weapon maintenance tools, transfusion kit, box of vials, sister's scarf, heirloom short sword and dagger, hookshot

Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:12 am

Reymondo doesn't say anything while Hammer goes onto his rant. The moment the man lets go of his shoulder, he cools himself down back to his normal body temperature. When the man is done talking and insulting him, Rey is about to retort when Hammer just turns and walks away quickly. "Coward. The man is willing to talk a lot of crap but isn't willing to listen to the response." He thinks to himself. "But he does have a point about a few things. But I am sorry." Mitsuko says, bowing deeply as she says it. "I wanted to make Hammer uncomfortable without thinking about what he would do in response." "Its fine. We will talk later." Rey says while watching everyone else in his group run off to Jen's room.

He then lets out a small sigh before moving back to his room. He is welcomed by his companion who is clucking happily now that he is fed. Rey bends down and pets Enkidu for a few moments before he strips down and takes a shower. "Out of everything that Hammer told you, the main thing you took out of it...was that you smell?" Mitsuko asks with a hint of a giggle in her voice. Rey just ignores her while he stands in the shower, letting the warm water wash over him, he can't help but let his mind travel and think. "It would seem like I have not made friends out of the people I am now traveling with. I should explain about why I got so angry later and why it isn't a big deal that I killed everyone." His thoughts keep along that train of thought for a while as he washes himself. "You shouldn't worry so much what the think" Mitsuko says, while leaning against the door. "At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if they agree with your goal. So just relax and remember your father's words." She finishes with a smile before she fades away.

Rey gets dressed and walks into the other room and takes a pillow case off of the pillow in his room. He then walks over and puts the severed head into it. Rey then walks over to his bag, pulls out his spirit lens and puts it into his pocket. "I will be back Enkidu. I need to talk to the other now. Maybe I can make them see that I am not crazy. Wish me luck!" He then leaves his room once again and makes his way to Jen's room.

Inventory
    Lantern, Scythe, Protraction Apache Revolver, Branded summoning pentagram, Colette's AQL Code (#1209), Kaavi's AQL Code(#1811), A plain alloy box with one quartz crystal that Kaavi was testing, Rey's own AQL (#3356), Spirit Lens

"Revenge is an act of passion; Vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; Crimes are avenged."
    SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:07 pm

Dethrial felt his heart being crushed as Selene apologized for bringing up bad memories as well as talking about her father forcing her into the military and her eventual escape. As her ears drooped and smile faded the sad figure reminded Dethrial of a picture of himself before he left home to become a soldier. He wanted to comfort her like his father did for him and felt himself reaching out to embrace her, but her sudden change of attitude caused him to halt and realize that she was not Cindisil and that his reaction would most likely be to much. Dethrial centered himself and took a deep breath and attempted to calm his unstable emotions and after a moment his thoughts became clear and he smiled softly. This is just a bit to much right now...I just need to eat something and rest.

Dethrial was getting to intervene but as he steps forward J lets go of Rey all the while spitting a few insults while looking very shaken at Rey. Rey looked no better as anger was clearly plastered on his face  that quickly faded as he seemed to take control again. J walked into the room before everyone else and Rey walked to his room upstairs for some unknown reason without saying a word. What were they talking about? Dethrial's mind swam with some vague ideas but he didn't get the time to really ponder it as Jen assured Selene that everything was okay. With that the young woman took down the hall after demanding that Jen race her, the sudden act and the way she ran down the hall left Dethrial with melancholy feel. Never gets any easier...I do wonder why she came to us.

After watching Selene and Jen race to the room, Dethiral turned to Lyn and laughs softly "Well, looks like we are adding one more to our motley little crew?" he waited for a moment in silence till Selene and Jen had entered the room "Are you sure you'll be okay being alone with that young woman? If need be I'll stand guard outside your room, something kinda feels off about why she approached us and I'm sure you could agree...I just want you to be safe." He gives he a concerned look and a real but sad smile. After getting Lyn's response Dethrial walks to Jen's room and  opens the door to see Jen and Sirius sitting on the bed discussing something in hushed tones and J nestled in a corner of the room close to the window and as far from Selene as he could be. Dethrial looks back to make sure Lyn is coming as well as Rey. He stands in the doorway and waits for Lyn's response and wonders Why did Rey go to his room...do I smell like ash too?
    Hamma-Man

Post by Hamma-Man on Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:51 pm

Rauj only gets about 2 steps into Jen’s room before he notes Sirius sitting on the floor, fiddling yet again with the cloth she had been holding onto since they left their earlier conflict in near the professor’s house. He narrows his eyes and turns away for a moment, getting a good glance of the room before walking over towards the window. He opens it up and looks outside of the building.  “Hmm.” He mutters thinking of a few ways to both enter and make a hasty retreat if at all necessary. It was a habit of his from the many different times such a thing was necessary, but he stops himself short and merely breaths deeply, trying to relax, finally noticing how tense he had become. He was frustrated, irritated that after all this time of trying to keep himself below the radar, out of sight and out of mind, he had fouled up due to a combination of his own curiosity and a nasty trick. Too greedy. He had made the mistake a few times before, but never in such a major case… “Worst comes to worst, I might have to…” He shakes the thought from his mind, he wouldn’t resort to that, not unless it was necessary.

He turns his thoughts from introspective to inquisition as he finally turns directly to Sirius and decides to get some of his personal most pressing questions in concerns to her off his chest. “Your name is Sirius right? I’m J, though I’m not sure if you already knew that.” She merely seems to stare at him momentarily before going back to fidgeting with her cloth… “Ooookay…” He then continues, this time whispering towards her behind a cupped hand and leaning in, “…Just trying to understand a few things, what exactly have you been messing with this entire time? I saw you pick it up at the end of that… disagreement we had in the alleyway earlier, and I have my suspicions but…” He scratches his head, deciding to get cut to the chase, “…Geh, I guess what I’m trying to ask is, are you actually chewing on someone’s pinky, and do I need to be worried?” He feels a mixture of relief and horrified anticipation all at once… slight disappointment in himself as well. Relieved that he finally just came out and asked it, mild fear towards the answers, and disappointment at how he blunt he was being, he really needed to work on wordplay. Seriously. Before she answers though, Selene rushes in, followed quickly by Jen, Lyn and Dethrial.

Rauj instantly shifts back to the window, unable to hide a bit of a grimace towards Selene as she enters. “Dear lord… If I decide to stick with this group, I need to get over this.” He looks up at Jen, exchanging a quick glance with him before looking back towards her. “Worst part is, she’s acting cute, and doing a… pretty good job of it. Although I’m pretty sure Rey is suspicious, we’ve more than likely burned that bridge from both sides… Pun definitely intended.” He snickers softly to himself, looking back out the window as he does so. Selene’s words were still bothering him he visibly shivers thinking back to them. She was a child, but with 9 years of military training and the fact that she escaped from the compound, them managed to make a living? Dangerous. Suspicious as hell too. Who’s to say all that wasn’t just some story made up to make the ones listening in let down their defenses due to feeling sorry for the kid? Honestly, life was hard sometimes. That’s just the way things are… He turns back towards the room, noting Jen having an aside with Sirius, but turning his glance back to Selene a moment later, his gaze softening momentarily. “Or maybe I’m just thinking up reasons to get away from her, due to my own experiences, maybe I should give her a chance, never mind she’s one of them, she could be different…” He hardens once again, turning back towards the window as he does so, “ …Then again, if she isn’t, why risk it, even if she’s not here for… THAT… she could just be after you or someone else in the group for other reasons. Yeah. As I thought, keeping her away is a much better idea as opposed to letting her get close.” He finds himself getting irritated, wanting much more for answers than futile speculations at this point. “So when do you all want to start?” He asks aloud to anyone who’s listening. “After Rey gets back, or after we have our meal?”

Inventory
    Visor, Spiked Knuckles, Spark Ring, Bap-Master (Totem), Magicked Room Key [#52], AQL#1502, Pass-Codes notebook, AQL Design-Sheet, Duffel Bag

"Its Better to Cross the Line and Suffer the Consequences then to Just Stare at the Line for the Rest of Your Life."
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:06 pm

Lyn ponders for a moment and shakes her head at Dethrial. "It should be quite fine." she assures him. "Besides, We are all in the same building. Should anything happen you will be right down the hall." She nods at him before entering Jen's room with the rest.
    As Jen addresses Sirius she nods in confirmation.

Sirius listens to J without looking at him, still busy with her cloth-wrapped trinket. She opens her mouth to answer him but at that point the others join them in the room.
    A bit of time passes as the group gathers their thoughts and prepares for the upcoming meeting.
    Finally a knock on the door. It seems that food is ready and delivered as a woman outside calls into the room. "Your dinner is ready."

Before anyone can answer the door, it opens by itself - Rey has returned from his room and took the liberty to open the door for the room service.

The woman, with some help from Rey, brings the dishes in and places them on the table that is against one of the walls of the room before excusing herself and taking her leave - closing the door behind her.
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:27 pm

She runs and weaves through objects until she hits the room first. She looks up at Jen giggling. "Did I?" She asks with a coy voice. "Or did you let me win?" Her eyebrow raises playfully. As Jen walks over to a now new person she thinks. Oh come one another one?? I can't keep doing this... She was interested in the woman's pale complexion, but something about her seemed off. Her senses were going crazy. She looks bored though. Almost...tired. Just avoide eye contact I'd rather not speak to her till I learn more. Her gaze goes across the room eventually meeting Rauj by the window. He is doing that to make an exit if he needs to. Smart, but very obvious. Unless you aren't looking for it. Funny enough. I'd like a quick way out too if need be...

Selene walks over to the window where Rauj is standing. She places her things on the ground next to the wall and clasps her hands at her chest with her head down. "Uh...excuse me...mister...Hammer was it?" She looks up as she says his name with a smile then immediately looks back not. "If-if its not to much to ask do you mind if I sit in the windowsill? I-I like the fresh air and the breeze...I understand if you don't want to..." She says faintly as her eyes jump from his feet to the floor. "I know you probably don't trust me...I get that feeling...you know higher senses and all." Again she looks up at his and looks away, but this time her head doesn't go down as far. About half way or so. "What I'm trying to say is it'll help me relax, and maybe we could...talk a little and get to know each other some? As she says that the door to the room opens. Her ear turn in the direction of the noise, but her eyes are locked about midway up Rauj. She wont break focus from him. Yet as she is locked the aroma of food hits her nose and she remembers she has food back in the main room and she is still hungry. Her stomach growls and her eyes slightly widen and her cheeks pink up from embarrassment. For once in your life tummy...STOP BEING HUNGRY!!!!!
    Dazai
    Player
    Player

Post by Dazai on Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:40 pm

After laughing away Selene’s remark, Jen turns his attention back to Sirius once again. “Hm… I see.” Jen replied, in response to her nod. Not really knowing what to say after, Jen shifted so he sat cross-legged on top of the bed. Attempting to keep himself busy, he started examining his boots. There wasn’t anything remarkable about them, aside from the trace amounts of ash that clung to the crevices. Jen frowned a bit as he remembered the charred body from the alley. Now the damned thing is on me. Not long after, Rauj, with a slightly irritable tone, spoke to the room. Still looking at his boots, Jen responded “While we’re all eating is fine. We can multitask, or so I hope.”

After some time had passed, room service came to the door, accompanied by Rey. “Thank you very much!” Jen says to both Rey and the woman that brought the meal. Like a man possessed, Jen springs up to grab a plate of food. He hadn’t eaten practically all day, and his stomach continued to remind him of his mistake. The plethora of meats and vegetables laid before him, nearly overloading his sense of smell. His eyes drifted to his ultimate prize, the delicious chicken. Having placed a good amount of food on his plate, Jen retreated back to his position on the bed next to Sirius. Speaking between bites, Jen set the discussion in motion, “So-... Who wants to start?”

Inventory

Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:44 am

Reymondo helps the lady into the room and even helps her by holding some of the food, that way none of it will spill. Once the lady has left the room, Rey looks around the room. He doesn't see any good spot for him to sit and eat, so he just shrugs and plops down next to Sirius and puts the pillow case next to him. He then takes a few bites of his food before he speaks.

"I guess I should start. You all should know a bit more about me and the reason I reacted they way I did back in front of the professor's house. You see, I am the last of my family as far as I know. As I have said, I am a demon hunter. I come from a very long line of demon hunters who was trained by other members of our family. My mother and father were the last fully trained hunters, so they were the last teachers. They did their best to train me but my training got cut short. When I was fifteen, a group of mercenaries was given a contracted to kill my mother and father. They killed my father without giving himself the chance to defend himself. After that my mother took me and we started traveling, never staying in the same place for more than a week. I had foolishly thought that we were feed from the mercs but one day I came back to where we were staying to see that they killed her in the same fashion...." Rey stops for a moment, his rage building inside as he recalls his past. The blue flame in the lantern starts dancing wildly. "From that day on, I have set out to find the mercs and bring them to justice! It wasn't too long after that when I was given the gun by a Doctor. Mitsuko has been helping me track down the people. The man that the people took was my only connection to finding one of them! So it was simple. If you aren't with me, you are agented me!" Rey then lets out a few deep breathes, he then unhooks his lantern from his side and shows everyone the blue flame that is dancing. "Thanks to the demon blood in my veins, the blue flame from hell can affect me. Normally I can just ignore it's nudges and keep on my way. However if I get really angry, like I was earlier, it can push me into a rage."

Rey then looks around the room to get a reaction from what he has said. "If you have any questions, you are more then welcomed to ask and I will answer to the best of my ability."

Inventory

SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:09 am

Dethrial closes the door after Lyn enters the room and upon looking around the room and seeing where everyone settled he decides to sit in chair next to the table and takes off his backpack placing it at his feet. Not sure of what to do he stayed silent and closed his eyes for a moment and just listened to everyone. Jen and Sirius mysterious as always...Selene seems to be very interested in Rauj...I hope nothing else goes south. After a moment Dethrial realizes that he is taking up the only other place to sit and quickly gets up and offers it to Lyn. After a moment he walks over to Sirius and Jen and asks "So, when are we going to talk about what happened?"

Right as he said this the door opens with a serving woman and Rey bring the food in and placing on the table. The first thing that Dethrial noticed is the delectable smell of food that made his stomach growl loud enough for anyone to hear in the room. Then he noticed that Rey smelled clean and his hair still looked wet. So he took a bath...and how did he take one so quickly? After a moment of looking over the food that was Dethrial found nothing looking familiar but his stomach growled all the same. He was about to ask everyone if it was okay for him to say a prayer when Jen and Rey rushed in and grabbed a plate of food before he could open his mouth and began eating. After a moment Rey gave a speech on why his mission was, as he said this a cold stone settled in Dethrial's stomach. Sounds like Waster...and his scene of justice and pain of loss has warped his mind. I just hope he does not go rampant or I'll have to put him down. Pushing away any disappointment Dethrial bit his lip before talking aloud and getting everyone's attention. "I'm not sure how people eat together in this land but in mine the head of the house says a payer...I  wanted to say that prayer as there is no one else that knows it here. Unless someone else wants to pray...I'm sorry if I'm over stepping my boundaries with this request....it's just something that's very traditional for my people."
    Hamma-Man

Post by Hamma-Man on Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:55 am

Rauj shrugs at Jen's response, He personally didn't like to talk during a meal, but to each his own he guessed. He goes to turn back to the window, and is hardly surprised to see Selene before him, but takes a step back anyway, even more irritated but now trying to hide it as he raises his eyebrows to the girl trying to garner his attention... only to be instantly irritated with her calling him by his code-name. He sighs, and sucks in a breath ready to correct her, but she continues, to his disdain, and he forces himself to at least TRY and be nice, allowing her to continue. He narrows her eyes as she mentions knowing he doesn't trust her, catching her glance before she disengages yet again, and he is more than ready to find a new place to perch shifting full body to step away before she finally asks to speak with him.

He freezes and his shoulders slump dreading the incoming conversation, but a knock on the door covers his face palm followed by the slow drag of his hand down his face, stopping on his chin.  He purses his lips as the guests enter, noting Selene's ear movement and letting his eyes fall to her face. She seems determined to try and keep her eyes from falling this time (although they seem to refuse to rise higher than his chest) and that effort, despite her nervousness, got through to him. He sighs again and goes to ask her why- but he is humorously interrupted by her stomach's current disagreement with her determination. A beat passes, and her embarrassment causes Rauj to chuckle audibly. "Heh Heh Heh... Ahhh, fine. Sure. Lets chat a bit. But first why don't you grab something to eat. I figured you had eaten something with that group you were with earlier, but i guess not. There should be enough for everyone and more, but if not, you're welcome to some of what I ordered, though its mostly veggies... And please, at least for now, Its 'J'. 'Hammer' is a nickname a few friends I had called me... Its a bit special to me." He closes his eyes and goes silent for a moment, before moving on.

He looks back towards the group, seeing Rey had helped the woman who had arrived with the food hand it out to everyone, all the while carrying what looked like a pillow case... Rauj's eyes widen. He has a feeling he knows exactly what he's carrying, and can already feel his appetite seeping... That is until Jen quickly pops up and skims the idea of a man possessed as he takes and engages his meal at a breakneck speed. Rauj guesses the guy was REALLY hungry. Watching the man devour his chicken relieves Rauj somewhat as he smirks and slowly shakes his head. He proceeds to grab a plate and hands one to Selene, then grabbing his own portions of the food as well as generous portion for the young Rogue nodding and a thanking both the waitress and Rey. After handing Selene her plate and placing his own nearby, he carefully maneuvers over to the waitress and with a smirk quickly grabs each and every condiment she had brought with her. The speed and elegance of the motions with which he had taken them belied his next move though, as he proceeded to, with an individual condiment grasped between each finger, squeeze each of them onto his meal, switching as soon as he's satisfied with the amount poured. Honey, ketchup, Hot-sauce, soy-sauce, mayonnaise, syrup, butter, cocktail-sauce, barbecue sauce, relish, mustard, salsa, teriyaki sauce, steak sauce, Ranch, Balsamic vignette, blue cheese, buffalo sauce, sweet and sour, duck sauce, guacamole, wasabi, malt vinegar, Tabasco sauce, tartar sauce, sriracha, Worcestershire sauce, and ~ Khrenovina sauce, all your favorites... All. At. Once. With a satisfied grin he tosses the items he's finished with aside and rubs his hands together almost drooling before his meal.

He grabs a utensil and prepares to go at it, stirring furiously till its a dark brown, approaching black, mass of unmentionables, as Rey begins to tell his story. The man becomes increasingly angrier before its finish and Rauj nods as he understands where Rey is coming from. But his increasing rage makes the man known as J edge slightly away from the horned man as he unhooks his lantern, explaining its origin and effect on him. Rauj thinks of a few questions as he slowly shovels himself a spoonful of his abominable concoction only to suddenly spring up from his seat. "DELICIOUS!" He yelps at the top of his lungs, easily louder than he'd ever been since the start of this adventure!

He looks around, but shrugs off the others reactions before re-taking his seat next to Selene. After Dethrial mentions wanting to say a prayer, he apologizes "Sorry, i forgot that was a thing with a few people, apologies if I offended you. Do your thing. I can wait to ask questions."

Inventory

TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:19 pm

Selene becomes slightly at ease when Rauj laughs as her stomach. Her eyes slowly trail away still annoyed at her tummy's action, but her eyes snap fully open. Slightly twitching, but not from anger or irritation. At his offer. She slowly glances up at him as he slightly explains the reasoning of his name and what he would like to be called. Her gaze stops as she looks him in the eyes. "Wha- did you...?" Her eyes tear up slightly as she looks away quickly blinking and wiping her face. "No its okay...vegetables are fine. They help me grow." She says with a warm smile. "I-I'm sorry. I wasn't aware of the name. I just heard it said by the other man and...assumed." She looks over at Rey quick as she twiddles her thumbs. Her eyes narrow at the new object companying the horned man. She sniffs the air and glares at him before returning attention to Rauj.

Selene"s hands shake as her target hands her food. He is...giving me food...keeping me alive, and I have to... No he knows something. Some how he is aware. He knows. You know it too. She begins to mentally argue with herself. I don't know maybe? NO!!! He must. He is playing you. He must be. But he gave me food. No one...no one has ev-HE IS PLAYING YOU!! GETTING YOU WEAK!!! MAKING YOU TRUST HIM!! He is doing to you what you must do to him. Yeah but...He...Don't get attached. You know what you have to do. You don't want to go back. I don't want to go back. You know what You must do. I do. His life for yours. Her face slowly becomes more serous while she looks at the plate. That was the agreement. Her focus is broken as Rauj yells. Her body is shifted slightly away from him as she looks down at his plate and back up, and back down and back up. Don't do it. OH CRAP!!!! She thinks as she bursts out laughing at Rauj's actions and the fact that his plate looks terrible. You're an idiot... After again wiping her eyes she looks over at Rey who looks slightly unhappy. Selene quickly covers her mouth, but he didn't seem to be angry at her. More so it seemed like her laughing didn't even phase him. He was going on about what seemed to be a snippet of his life. She goes to speak, but stops as Dethrial asks of anyone would like to pray when Rey finished before everyone ate. Pray? I've never done that... She looks up at Rauj as she sits and listens to his answer. She turns to Dethrial and smiles. "Mister Dethrial?" She says softly. "I-I've never prayed before but...I'd be happy to join you." She looks down at her hands as she clasps them together. "Is this how you do it? I've seen it done before but I know everyone has different ways of doing it..." She waits to be shown if need be.
    Dazai
    Player
    Player

Post by Dazai on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:13 pm

Rey’s words struck Jen firmly in the chest, causing him to pause his frenzied bites. “In that case, I can understand your frustration,” he said, exhaling the rest of his breathe in thought. “I think we share a somewhat similar vendetta.” As Jen reflected on what Rey had gone through, J jumped to his feet, summoning an impressive amount of air through his lungs. Jen though slightly startled, shifts his head to witness the most grotesque crime against nature ever imaginable. The thing on J’s plate looked as if it could gain sentience at any moment… and the man was EATING it. Selene, who was the closest to J during the outburst, failed to contain herself. The explosion of laughter from the small girl, gave the room a friendlier air. Shortly after the commotion died down, everyone turned their attention to Dethrial as he requested a prayer. Praying wasn’t exactly something Jen did frequently, if at all. He wasn't sure something like that would help him at this point. “All yours. If I may, I’ll introduce myself a bit more formally afterwards.’” Jen said to Dethrial as the former closed his eyes; his melancholic tone was barely perceivable.

Inventory

Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:45 am

There was only one word to describe what Reymondo was feeling...and that was flabbergasted. Rey felt this dumbfounded only one other time, when he found a black fire breathing chicken covered in green paint. But this...this topped that. Here he was telling his past to his fellow pers so they could understand why he did what he did, yet none of them seem to not only not give a damn, but the man who was ready to throw down and fight him was wanting to have a prayer!? Then there was Hammer who just put every condiment onto his food and exclaim how good it was on the top of his lungs. Ray couldn't help but leave his mouth open to express his shock to this. He then grinded his teeth as he tried to control his anger.

"I just opened up and told you a little about my family, then about my mother and father's death and the very reason why I acted the way I did...and you want to prey to some damned deity that isn't going to listen?! So be it. Let us prey." Rey then slams his hands togethers and bows his head. "Dearly beloved God. Please grant me the strength I need in order to put up with theses outsiders and their customs. Maybe even grant some of them some tact. Amen." Rey then unclasps his hands and looks at Deth, trying his best to hide his anger but the blue flame is roaring giving away how mad he really is.

"As for you!" Rey then points at Hammer. "I know you don't really like me, or maybe you don't like  Mitsuko but because I own the gun she is tied to, you don't like me. Either way! We came here tonight to lay our cards on the table. At least show more respect than the fifteen year old." He say while gesturing to Selene.

Rey then turns around and bows deeply. "As for the rest of you, I am sorry that you had to endure yet another of my outrages...It is something that I have been trying my best to work with...and failing admittedly. If you have any questions about me or my past, ask now. other wise let us move on to someone else."

Inventory

SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:46 pm

Dethrial felt anger suddenly boil over and any peaceful ideas were trampled by the wrath that burned so hot Dethrial had a hard time not doing anything violent. After a moment of him reeling in his anger her stood up with a loud and clear voice, but as he spoke he would occasionally slip into his tongue and have to repeat himself "What do you expect me to say? Do you think I can support you after anything that has happened today? In my land there is a saying that if you cannot compare the sorrows that plague every man."

He then pauses for a moment and breathes in order to control his anger. "You have only told us that that you are a man bent and broken by revenge and host an twisted form justice...The flame of revenge burns the brightest but will always fade fastest and in turn consume the host and burn everyone around it leaving it alone in the dark to be consumed if not by the flame iteslf then the beasts that lurk in the shadow." Word after word falls like blows of a hammer and Dethrial's eyes become cold and devoid of any kindness. "I've seen you kind before someone thinking that is willing to make any kind of sacrifice to achieve your goal...I can't support a man who is so consumed by hate and pain! I've lost people to this sickness you have...I've even had to execute some of my men who have defied orders to feed this darkness in their soul. I will never forgive murder, rape, torture, dark pacts with otherworldly gods...and I will not allow someone to drag others along a twisted path where the end is death and damnation!" At the end of his speech he was yelling and looked like he was trying his best to stay together with a mix of anger and sorrow threatening to pull him apart.

"What makes your words, your pain anymore important than mine or anyone's here?! I've had to watch mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters die in my arms or by my orders, I've walked through a field of dying men all screaming for help and all of their voices seems to be so clear even now, I've done things that can never been forgiven or forgotten...we are all fires that struggle against the creeping dark but those lights that have been put out are gone and if you fight for the dead you will become one yourself....I do not hate you Rey or your family but if you wish for me to help you must be working to bring more peace to the world rather than chaos...and you must let go of this evil that has such a hold on your heart. Make no mistake I am not a fool and know all of us feed some kind of darkness and weather it will cause us to fail in our missions is yet to be seen."

His expression softens and he wipes any tears from his eyes. "We are all born broken and are made to suffer for that is our curse are beings of free will. Every path is full of dangers and we are prone to wander off the road where dark things promise some sort or reprieve from the pain of everyday. Life is not simple and and walking alone is impossible so instead let us join hands if one wanders the others can pull them back to the path."

After a moment Dethrial quiets down and places his right hand over his heart and his left hand over his eyes. "If any of you wish to still pray do as I do and repeat my words with an open heart." After waiting for a moment in silence Dethrial continues.

"Shepherd, we come to you with broken but open hearts and ask that you forgive us of our sins and free us of their heavy burden. We ask that you light up the darkness around us that the path will become more clear, and that you remove any stumbling blocks that the Enemy has placed. please bless this day and those that work to bring more light to the world and guide those that are lost back to your loving heart. And bless this food that was prepared for us." At the end of his prayer Dethrial moves his left hand over his heart as well and opens his eyes.

Hamma-Man

Post by Hamma-Man on Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:38 pm

Rauj narrows his gaze yet again as the young rouge seems almost shocked that he had offered her a meal. He cocks his head slightly as she wipes away what seems to be tears, and finds himself slightly nervous as she smiles. After she apologizes for calling him by his code-name due to Rey's mention earlier, he sighs and mumbles "That's exactly what i was afraid of..." then speaking up to say, "Yeah, i figured. But thanks for understanding."

She later responds to his outburst with a laugh just as sudden which causes him to glance at her, but he was enjoying his meal too much to elicit any kind of response. On the other hand...

Rey was shocked.

Rauj could already tell it was the bad type of shock and was more than ready to toss the fork he was currently using at the man if need be. Rauj hid his frown by shoveling more of his meal into his mouth as Rey grinds his teeth, furious at his apparent response to his current legacy, with a pang of regret and the feeling he should at least try to not make things worse, he starts to apologize, but stops as Dethrial asks to pray which Rauj responded with approval. At that point Rey fumes, letting the group know just how upset he was that they seemed to just gloss over his tale. As he mentions Deth's God not caring Rauj shifts his glance over to Dethrial, and seeing his emotions beginning to boil, slowly turns his gaze back to Rey about the time he says 'Let us Pray.' Rauj starts, "Hey, my bad I-" But the horned man's following prayer, makes Rauj visibly grimace in response as he looks and down and away, having a good idea what comes next he braces himself to stand once again. Kneeling as Rey points to him. Rauj looks towards him changing his look to that of a neutral one as the man reprimands him on his behavior. Rauj takes the reprimand in stride, hanging his head to what would outwardly look like shame, but he nods and tries not to smile at the thought: "... But she laughed..." despite saying he was being more disrespectful than she was. Still, it was a rather disrespectful action to make right after the man bared his heart, he understood that he was wrong. Twas fair enough.

Though he had to admit that as angry as the horned prick more than likely was, Rauj admitted that went a lot more peaceful than he expected... That was until Dethrial stood in defiance of Rey's outburst, Rauj, still kneeling stood as well and moved in front of the Alv, noticing yet again how small he was in comparison to this man... Taking a step back and evening off the space between the two men, Rauj was trying to prepare to stop an imminent fight, but Dethrial didn't seem to actually approach any more than that, instead satisfied with lecturing then goat boy from his standing position. Rauj moves back to where he was seated allowing the Alv to speak his piece, dipping down momentarily to enjoy a bit more of his meal, but standing  back up just in case. He takes another bite, this time trembling somewhat at the taste as he savors it with a fist clenched around his fork as he resists the urge of another outburst.

He listens to Dethrial as best as he can despite this, the tall Alv's strong and poignant, which hinted of his own inner turmoil. Rauj slowly nods, though he raises his eyebrows at the concept of 'join[ing] hands if one wanders the others can pull them back to the path' especially considering his own personal thought that each person had their own path, merely intersecting with others every now and then. A beat passes, and Dethrial starts his prayer. Not much for praying Rauj merely lowers his head in respect and resists the urge to take another bite until the man was done.

After the prayer Rauj lets a beat pass before simply turning his head towards Rey and saying, " My bad. That was inappropriate of me at that time, I didn't mean to disrespect House Vlček like that."

Inventory

★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:49 pm

The scene unfolds not unlike a play; witnessed many times over and never changing.

The same theatrical division of intellect and reason through the sovereignity of ones pained pride and consequent outrage. A bit of a pity to be sure but equally fascinating. While normally apalled by the same unecessary quarrelling of her own people Lyn finds this engagement rather fascinating. She listens and watches intently, making mental notes for herself as she studies the groups interactions. She never was one for praying herself, so she simply watches silently - That is... untill she notices something rather peculiar during Dethrial's prayer.

What is that smell? Like burnt meat. Surely the food doesn't look like it's overcooked. At least not from what she can see -

Dethrial finishes his prayer and at this point she gasps in surprise upon finally noticing the strange girl from earlier, Sirius, beginning to steam a little. Apparently she is incredibly oblivious to her situation as she seems to have no response at all, simply staring back at Lyn with a confused expression.

Lyn frowns and points- "What is it that causes your current state?" she asks Sirius who in response cocks her head. "...state...?"
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:31 pm

Selene closes her eyes and smiles. "Amen." She says happily with a giggle as Rey had finished his 'prayer'. She pauses. "Wait..." She points at Rey. "Hey not fair." She frowns as Rey continues his tangent. Her body tenses up when he points to her stating she is showing more respect. Her head lowers and she begins to touch her pointer fingers together. "What is that suppose to mean...." She says ashamed of her actions. I was just trying to be nice... She whispers, but its loud enough for Rauj to hear her. She sighs. As he begins to scold her target she covers her face with her hands. "Please stop yelling. Please stop yelling... She whispers in her hands. Her heart rate began to increase rapidly and her breathing became more intense. She was beginning to have a panic attack.

Her ears perk up when Dethrial speaks. She raises her head peeking through her fingers and sees Rauj standing between the two men. I didn't even hear him move. She thinks. As Dethrial speaks his words slowly put her at ease. While also putting the horned man in his place. After a few moments Rauj returns. Selene controls her breathing and looks up at him. "Welcome back." She says happily. Please don't leave me with them... She says leaning towards him.

Selene raises her hand. "Um...Mister Horned man? I actually have a question...Whats...your name?" Her face turns red over the fact that she didn't know it. Then again he has yet to tell her. She turns to Lyn as she speaks and then looks over at the one she is speaking to. "Uh...why are you steaming?" She asks pointing at the vapor.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:23 pm