Welcome to the Neogaea Roleplay Community

A1.0 - Académie de Conflict

★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Re: A1.0 - Académie de Conflict

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:23 pm

Lyn reflects on what Jen explained, nodding, and slowly drifting off into her own thoughts. She purses her lips as she thinks, following the group without much more input.

Sirius meanwhile follows the group. A little distance behind them as she either can't be bothered or doesn't seem to have the energy to keep pace. Regardless, at least Jen, if no one else, knows she'll be able to catch up eventually, even if she seems to get lost.
    She analyzes the group as they make their way to the stairs to the lower half of the city. And what a strange group it is.
    Jen, of course. "Rey", the horned brash man who's appearance speaks all class but his actions whisper of distractions and a busy mind. "J", a charming but mysterious one who, to her surprise, no one seems to want to take apart and study. "...Not physically - of course, but then... - well... no matter." Lastly the Alv who is arguably, and ironically, the strangest of the bunch. Almost like he's trying to be a fatherfigure. A really young father. She wonders why, but ultimately decides he is simply overwhelmed. She stops briefly as He and "J" have their little exchange. "In another lifetime..." she thinks to herself, the utmost faintest of smirks crossing her face, unseen by anyone as she continues on laging behind the group.
    "...Almost like a puzzle with too many corners... The pieces don't fit... but the sides connect, regardless."
    She briefly reaches into her sleeve, fiddling around.
    "...Too early..."

By now the group has walked past the guards to the upper district and down the wide staircase and turned down one of the streets towards the arena. The smell of sweetly baked goods lingers in the air as they proceed past various stores, a book shop, a bakery, even a restaurant. All beginning to close for the evening.
    Time seemed to have passed fast today, as the sky graduately loses it's vibrancy and clouds begin to pull in.
    They are beginning to near the modest Inn where Reymondo had previously rented a single room for the night. They would find themselves tightly packed unless they rented more rooms, however, money is currently scarce so it may just have to do for the six of them.
    Dazai
    Player
    Player

Post by Dazai on Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:04 pm

Feeling a tap on his shoulder, Jen turned around to see Dethrial walking just slightly behind him, wanting to apologize. Jen grins and pats the alv’s arm, “It’s quite alright. You really don't pose much of a threat.” He was joking of course, and he figured Dethrial would pick up on that.

The man they called “J,” stepped up to join the conversation. He was a curious one. Jen had seen him, but has yet to really speak to him. He held a smooth aura, one not unlike Jen’s. He stuck to the shadows, much like Jen. He was likely hiding something… Again like Jen. Jen could have almost any material thing he wanted, he assumed the same for this man. The only thing money couldn't reliably buy was information, and that was something he'd keep in mind when dealing with J. He didn't hold anything against him, he was just cautious. “I think anything about my friend, will have to wait until we get where we’re going… In time, yes?”

Jen grabbed at his pack’s strap as the group walked through the city. He wasn't raised in luxury, but he had spent enough time traveling to get acquainted to it's benefits. The smells were wonderful, they reminded him of his mother's meals. He'd be sure to take Fawn to this district some day. Being what he is, Jen didn't hunger in the traditional sense, but he still enjoyed decent food. Scratching his chin, Jen wondered how he'd get his vials out unnoticed in a cramped room with so many people. Sighing, he kept his eye out for Sirius and waited for the group to decide what to do.
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:17 am

Reymondo nods at Jen's answer. "Fair enough." He states afterwards. As they approach the inn, he begins to think about how there isn't going to be much room for them all to be in there, let alone do what he wants with them in the same room. He lets out a sigh and stops dead in his tracks while spinning to look at the group.

"I just realized that the room we are heading to is going to be too small to accommodate us all and get things done. I could upgrade my room to a two person room where there are two beds and a couch and even enough space on the floor for someone to sleep there if they wanted. The room I have right now is only a single person room. It has one bed and one chair and enough space for maybe one person to sleep on the floor. I will pay to upgrade my room if two others wish to say the night here with me. At the very least, I want to give us more room to work with. I will let you talk among yourselves to decide what you want to do. I am going to run ahead now and get the better room."

Rey then turns and takes off running ahead of the group, Enkidu running behind him. Not knowing or really caring if anyone decided to run with him, Rey just runs to the front of the inn and goes straight to the bar where he sees a lady working. "Excuse me." He says while bowing to her. "My name is Reymondo Vlček. I have a room here and I would like to make it a two person room. It would appear that I am entertaining guests and I dont have the space in my current room." When he is done, Rey puts done one gold coin and slides it to her. "I am pretty sure that will cover the upgrade."

Inventory
    Lantern, Scythe, Protraction Apache Revolver, Branded summoning pentagram, Colette's AQL Code (#1209), Kaavi's AQL Code(#1811), A plain alloy box with one quartz crystal that Kaavi was testing, Rey's own AQL (#3356), Spirit Lens

"Revenge is an act of passion; Vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; Crimes are avenged."
    "I do not live in hope. I work to return it."
    SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:00 am

Dethrial pondered about what exactly Jen was going to say to him when he thought of something that had been bugging him. He leans over and whispers to Jen "So Jen I've noticed that you have a almost similar aura to some one I knew before, an aura drenched in blood...I have a sensitivity to people and things like your friend...you don't seem as bad as she is but tell me what ever you want to. I'm only looking out for my friends that's all"

With that Dethrial fell back a bit to watch "J" now a bit more carefully as his curiosity was peaked as he made contact with the man's body an almost familiar aura. These people have more secrets than they would let on... As the group continued past the bakeries and stores and got near to the hotel Dethrial's stomach growled violently and a sheepish grin grew on his face. "I'm sorry I haven't eaten for a while, hopefully we can get something to eat soon." As Rey told everyone that he was going to get a better room so the group could rest easier, Dethrial was watching Lyn mumble to herself and play with her clothing and finds him self smiling but only for a moment as the glow of the sinking sun makes her look even more beautiful. Making sure to not look like to much of a fool Dethrial shifts his attention back to the group.
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:42 pm

As Reymondo addresses the Innkeeper she pulls out a small registry book. Within are various numbers, names, and notes written neatly one after the other to keep track of all the guests. She runs a finger down the lines, flips to the next page, and repeats the process, finally stopping and tapping on Reymondo's name. "Sure thing Mr. Vlček." She says turning around to navigate some keys on the wall. She pulls one off the wall and lays it on the desk. "A room for two, upstairs and down the hall, number 208. Please be sure to leave the key of your previous room inside when you move rooms, our room service will collect it later tonight." she smiles at him and takes the gold coin, handing him some silver coins to make up the difference. "Please enjoy your stay. Dinner and Breakfast are part of the service." she says and edits the registry book. She pulls her finger across Reymondo's name, which begins to glow faintly. As she lifts her finger the letters begin to lift from the pages and dissolving into dust. Finally she writes him down further in the list next to the number '208' before closing the book and returning it under the bar.

Meanwhile the rest of the group has caught up to the Inn. It's relatively large with narrow windows on it's front and crammed in between two other buildings with a narrow entrance and a wider body behind it. They enter the Inn, immediately being greeted with the rich smell of well cooked meat and ale. The inside of the place isn't very fancy, plain in fact. A few paintings adorn otherwise empty spaces on plain walls. There are various tables and a staircase in the middle of the room leading to a second floor with a door below it presumably leading to the rooms on the first floor. Lastly there is the bar which takes up a good portion of the left side of the Inn's main hall. There are two women standing behind it, surrounded by many wines, ales, kegs and glasses of all sizes and shapes. The plain feeling of the establishment however is heavily contrasted by the sheer number of people inside. The place is cluttered, from the many occupied tables to people standing even in corners and the full bar, including Reymondo conversing with one of the Innkeepers. There is laughter and drinking and plenty chatting creating a lot of noise in the main hall. Bad for anyone with a headache, but good for anyone not wanting to be overheard talking.

As the group finally takes a few steps into the inn, making their way towards Reymondo, a server comes by balancing a whole arm full of Plates and Drinks. She weaves her way through the tables there-while  placing down various delicious looking, classic, rustic dishes onto each and some drinks every now and again. One of the bigger tables towards the right side of the Hall begins to cheer as the woman places at least half the dishes onto the table alongside a huge keg for self-serving drinks. The patrons of that table seem to be the most excitable - a group of Rogues enjoying a hearty meal and exchanging mercenary tales.

Anyone scanning the hall for anything out of the ordinary will be hard pressed to find anything remarkable. It's just good folk having a good time, lots of food and drink, and most of all; the potential for rest after the days tense occurrences.

Lyn seems a bit in awe at how busy the place is. And it is at this point that whoever paid attention notices her hair and eye colour had changed. The rest of her is still very recognizable but nothing outstanding. She steps aside as she notices Sirius had finally caught up with her... acting a bit cautious incase the girl decided to use her magic again and shatter her glamour once again. Seeing that Sirius simply stands there and stares into the room - waiting for Jen to move in - she sighs in relief and shakes her head.

Info
    Reymondo Upgrades his Room.
    Reymondo spends 75 Silver Coins.

Close
    Dazai
    Player
    Player

Post by Dazai on Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:48 pm

Jen heard what Dethrial had to say, and returned with a simple, “Mhmm.” Drenched in blood? He thought to himself. Not quite of my own volition.

As Jen stepped through the door, his senses were immediately struck with the sights, smells, and sounds of a bustling inn. It was as if he had suddenly been submerged in a pool of water. The noise of various voices blended into a homogenous static, pinging erratically with the clanking of glasses. The various scents of the street bakeries, were swapped for a more plain mesh of ale and meat. It was a combination that complemented the spirit of the business. Jen had tracked multiple targets through busy scenarios like this, so he adjusted to his surroundings immediately. Spotting Reymondo near the innkeeper, Jen finally decides that he and Sirius should probably get their own room. Silently cursing his absentmindedness, he turns to see Sirius staring blankly and a different colored Lyn. Shifting again… It must be her hobby.  Leaning to his companion’s ear, Jen extends his hand for Sirius and says, ”I thought it’d be best to get a room for tonight, after we do some talking. The Horned Guy isn’t going to have enough room for us to stay. Will you come with me to get a key?” He didn’t want to leave Sirius by herself in a crowded, confined place like this. It was just as much for him, as it was for her. He didn’t want to have Sirius draw attention to herself, and he wasn’t 100% sure he’d be able to keep track of her considering it was so busy. He was mindful of her slow movement, but it wouldn’t look out of place considering the mass of things they would have to navigate through.

After Sirius either agrees to follow Jen or do something else, he makes his way toward the innkeeper. “I’ll get a room too so we can all fit. Can’t have me owing you!” he jests to Rey, patting the man’s back in a friendly manner. Jen then looks to the innkeeper to get a room himself. “Hello, I’d like to rent a room for two as well, under Jen Sjolar,” he says, pulling a single gold piece out of his pack and placing it on the counter. “I’ll answer everyone’s questions,” Jen said facing Rey, “But I’m not sure Dethrial would get any sleep with Sirius so close to him.” He then waits to see if another room is available.

Inventory
    Backpack: 6 lock picks, weapon maintenance tools, transfusion kit, box of vials, sister's scarf, heirloom short sword and dagger, hookshot

"Do you know why I chose you? Luck."
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:05 pm

Reymondo takes the key to his new room and bows. "Thank you very much ma'am. I hope you have time to enjoy this wonderful night." He tells the lady. He turns to see Jen and chuckles lightly at his jest. "Whatever makes you comfortable. I wouldn't worry too much about Deth. A bit rash at times but he seems to be harmless, but I understand. My room is 208, I need to move my what little I have into the other room. I also don't like to have Enkidu here in busy crowds like this...even if I do enjoy them." After he is done speaking, he looks out at the crowd for a moment. He takes in the noise, the smells and just the overall happy atmosphere. Rey then bends down and picks up Enkidu, he doesn't want anyone to accidentally kick the bird and it get angry and start a fire.

Rey makes his way up the stairs and unlocks the door to his now old room. He shuts the door behind him and puts Enkidu down. The bird clicks a bit as he walks over to the bowl of food that Rey had let out the previous night. Rey lets his partner eat a bit as he puts the things into his traveling sack. Papers on where to find Jules Winters, some papers on the Academy and finally his books about demon summoning and the different demons that inhabit hell. Rey then looks around and notices that he is out of food. Rey lets out an irritated sigh and grabs his pack. He then walks over to the half empty bag of bird feed before picking up the bowl that Enkidu was eating from. The chicken lets out an angry caw and huffs some fire at him. Rey waves his hand and quickly puts out the fire before it reaches the floor. "Hey! knock it off! You will get your food when we get into the other room." Rey says angrily at Enkidu. The bird pecks his shoe a few times before walking off. He lets out a sigh as he puts the key to this room on the desk before reopening the door and walking out. "Let go Enkidu. The faster you move, the faster you can eat!." With that, the bird runs out of the room and follows him closely as he makes it over to room 208.

Rey unlocks the door to his new room and swings it open. Enkidu moves around him and into the room. Rey walks in and once he is in the living room, he puts the bowl of bird feed on the floor. He then tosses his traveling sack onto the bed and puts the bag of feed into the bathroom and closes the door. Rey then walks out of the room and shuts the door behind him, not wanting Enkidu to follow this time. He looks out into the busy crowd to see if he can spot the people he met.

Inventory
    Lantern, Scythe, Protraction Apache Revolver, Branded summoning pentagram, Colette's AQL Code (#1209), Kaavi's AQL Code(#1811), A plain alloy box with one quartz crystal that Kaavi was testing, Rey's own AQL (#3356), Spirit Lens

"Revenge is an act of passion; Vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; Crimes are avenged."
    SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:42 pm

As the group entered the building the sounds and smells seemed to overtake Dethrial and he could help but smile. Finally a place that reminds me of the great halls back home, and it helps that it is not so gaudy as the rest of the town. Damn, something smells good and it looks like they serve drinks here too...though I'm not sure how they eat together here. I need to find the head of the house...or heads there so many tables here. Upon seeing the group of rouges Dethrial's eyes seem to light up but before Dethrial could approach them he over hears Jen talking to the innkeeper for another room.

A pang of guilt pulls at Dethrial's heart and he moves over to Jen carefully avoiding any servers or more drunken people. "Hey, Jen I'm sorry if what I said brought you some grief, it's more a term that soldiers use to describe some one who has seen a lot." After Jen responds Dethrail asks if Jen is in a good mood and if not he asks Rey "Who is the head of the house here so I can pay my respects and get something to eat...also do you know what's good to eat here, it all smells good but I really don't recognize any of it." With the room situation figured out Dethrial decided to ask Lyn a question about the Rouges before he approaches them, giving them a good look over on his path back. "Lyn, I see you changed into something a bit more comfortable. Do you mind me asking who those people are and to what chapter they belong to? I want to speak with them but I'm also confused on how they are here." subtlety gesturing towards the Rouges Dethrial watches as Rey ascend the stairs and makes a mental note of which room he takes all of his things to.
    Hamma-Man

Post by Hamma-Man on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:43 pm

Rauj merely let go once Jen gave him his response. It was more than good enough , and fell right in line with his expectations. Evening was beginning to fall and Rauj was already beginning to feel a bit antsy, he wanted to prowl a bit, get a better feel for the area and the people which inhabited it. Sure, he wasn't much of a socialite, but he was a damn good listener, and around a particularly talkative or rowdy group, that's all he really needed. He could already feel his attention to the group fading, all they seemed to be doing was getting their rooms arranged anyway...

He catches the innkeeper editing the registry book, taking note of the smaller uses of magic as well... "Hmm... kinda magic-dependent it seems..." he had assumed this earlier, but such a paltry use kinda brought it home. It doesn't keep his attention for long though, the hustle and bustle of the inn causing his eyes to gleam, and a smirk to flash. To an onlooker, it might seem he was ready to just break out and have a good time, but anyone who knew him could tell it was a look of devious planning. Inns this active were a well spring of information, "As some would say, the best way to learn about a new place is to visit its more active bars..." He visibly tries to remember where he heard that. "...Maybe? Eh, maybe not. Doesn't matter, twas true." He shrugs, starting to take a step towards the bar, but stopping short as one of the servers walk by. Politely attempting not to get in her way, he retraces his step, and watches her go by. Strangely he gets the thought in his head to follow her with his gaze, and notices the table full of rogues. "Shit." he thinks to himself. He'd have to keep some distance from them so he wouldn't blow that cover... but with all the scents here, perhaps not...

"Plan B it is then." He decides to stick with the group he was currently with, for now. Maybe take off once things winded down a bit for a night on the town, for now though getting to know a bit more about them might be good. Especially if he was planning on sticking with them for the time being. He turns back to the group, just then noticing Lyn's newest look, but merely shrugging it off, it seems he was beginning to get used to it. "Might be good to take some time off and have a meal. Unfortunately though this place is a bit too crowded to sit and chat." He says as he looks around. "Want to see if we can have them bring us up something?" He mentions to whoever is listening.

Inventory
    Visor, Spiked Knuckles, Spark Ring, Bap-Master (Totem), Magicked Room Key [#52], AQL#1502, Pass-Codes notebook, AQL Design-Sheet, Duffel Bag
    Belt Contains: 9 lock picks (4 enchanted), Shuko 2x, Ashiko 2x
    Boots Contain: 2 small daggers

"Its Better to Cross the Line and Suffer the Consequences then to Just Stare at the Line for the Rest of Your Life."
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:55 pm

Sirius follows Jen to the bar where he and Rey converse briefly. She isn't personally too interested in their chat so she simply waits and watches the Inkeep as she scans through her book. She is about to write Jen's name down into it when she reminds him. "A room for two is a 1 Gold 75." though realizing they are out of money Sirius interjects; "...the floor will do..."
    The Innkeep shrugs and writes Jen's name in the book before handing him a key as well. "05, under the stairs straight down the hall. Can't miss it." she says and points towards the rooms.
    Sirius takes the key and briefly looks at Jen "...eat..." she says and makes her way to the rooms, to leave Jen to his own devices for the night. Unsurprising seeing as how she seems to have been snacking all day, very much unlike her companion.

The mood continues to be energetic as Dethrial approaches Lyn. She gives him a soft shrug before answering. "I'm unfamilliar. These kinds of creatures are not native to where I come from."
    Dethrial analyzes the table and it's occupants.

There are four Rogues sitting around a large square table towards the far side of the Inn. Starting from the left; he can see a grey wolf-man at the head of the table. He's lean and covered in grey furr, sporting the undergarments of a heavy armor. He is listening to his colleagues intently and by his side is a large two-handed axe leaned against the table. Then there is a man in rather fine clothes. He has a more humanoid figure and long black hair pulled into a ponytail accented by cat-like ears on his head. His attire would suggest him a noble as he is draped in exquisit silks and expensive cloths. However his attitude and demeanor doesn't reflect that as he seems to be laughing the hardest with the rest and swearing like a sailor. He doesn't seem to be carrying any weapons with him. Then there is a woman in tightly fitted cloth and leather armor. Her outfit is rather revealing, showing off her sharp and beautiful features. She has short orange hair with fox ears and a large orange tail. She seems to be the one telling the current story - Something about pirates she met at a bar fight whilst getting drunk - all the while her expressions change dramatically and passionately as she seems to find every swearword in the book to help illustrate her tale.

Finally the last of the four; A young girl with a humanoid body and long flowing hair and large rabbit ears. She is wearing comforterable travel clothes and is carrying a bag and walking stick along with her. Currently she is sitting infront of a plate of food, listening intently to the rest of the group and giggling at the stories. Her ears perk up briefly, though her companions don't seem to notice. Shortly therewhile she glances over directly at Dethrial who has been contemplating the strange group. Their eyes meet, and she immediately breaks eye contact, deciding to instead stare at her food for a moment.

The Innkeeper adresses the group, mistaking Dethrial and Lyn's curiosity for hunger. "If you're hungry, find yourself a table. Dinner and breakfast comes with the room."
    Dazai
    Player
    Player

Post by Dazai on Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:34 am

Jen listened to Rey talk about Dethrial and an ‘Enkidu’ which turned out to be the jet-black rooster Jen had just now noticed. The rooster gave him a blank gaze that could only be described as a sneer. Jen returned in kind, though no one else noticed the short, comical exchange. “Of course, he seems alright,” Jen replied, his attention now shifted. “It's not the first time Sirius has had someone swinging a sword in her face.” The half-vampire let Rey finish before he returned to the exchange with the innkeeper. “Right, thank you," Jen said as he took the key. Almost instantly Jen lost his newly acquired key to the girl at his side. Largely dismissing what Sirius said, Jen widened his eyes slightly in disbelief. “That was pretty quick,” he says, impressed by her uncharacteristic agility. In reality, Jen was a bit more sluggish than usual. He hadn't eaten anything in some time, and he needed to do a transfusion as well. Sirius of course, helped him keep track of things like that in her own way. “Alright, boss. I’ll see you in the room after I’m done,” and with that, he watched his friend trudge toward their room.

Jen spotted Dethrial, Lyn, and J making their way over to his position not long after. Leaning his back against his place in the bar, Jen gave a slight smile. It was obvious something was slightly bothering Dethrial, though he couldn't quite figure out what it was. Much to Jen’s surprise, Dethrial apologized for his earlier words. “No offense taken,” the dreadlocked man replied. “You’re correct, unfortunately,” a flash of Fawn’s smile plagued him, “I'm sure you've seen your own fair share too… No hard feelings at all.” His usual optimistic aura faltered just barely. Where could you be…

“I'm quite all right, I think it's just been a long day is all. Hopefully we can get something to eat and have our chat soon,” Jen said, scratching his stomach through the fabric of his shirt. “I’m a fan of chicken and a good pint myself,” he chimed in to Dethrial’s question. Not long after, J suggested the group get room service, which Jen agreed. It would be easier and more secure if they held their conversation in one of the rooms. “Let me go get Sirius and let her know what we’re doing. I'm sure she'll want to be present if we talk about the alley. Someone please let the waitress know my order. I don't have money to pay you for your hard work on my behalf, but you'll have my eternal gratitude! Be right back. I'm going to put my stuff up.” Jen kicked off from the bar and headed toward his room. His mind beginning to feel ever so slightly hazy.

Inventory
    Backpack: 6 lock picks, weapon maintenance tools, transfusion kit, box of vials, sister's scarf, heirloom short sword and dagger, hookshot

Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:52 am

Looking down from the railing, Raymondo watches Sirius take something off of the bar before Jen could. If he had to guess, it was the room key. He watches her enter the corridor but then he loses sight of her.  He then sees someone leaning on the railing next to him, however this person has their back on the rail and both elbows on the railing. He looks over to see who it is and sees Mitsuko. "How long has it been since you traveled with people let alone trust them? You think it is safe to show them what you have in mind? You think they will understand your mission?" She asks him, not even looking at him as she speaks. "You know..." Rey says ending in a sigh. "I was enjoying this moment of peace before you started talking." Mitsuko just shrugs. ""I'm just repeating the thoughts you were thinking before we entered this place. Not sure why you are unhappy." Mitsuko then twists around to look at the happy people below. "You know. I never got to see places like this before I became the gun. It looks like everyone is having a great time." She then notices Rauj and how unhappy...or maybe uncomfortable. "It would seem like Hammer could use someone to talk to. Seems to have a lot on his mind." Rey then looks at Mitsuko with a confused look on his face. "Hammer? Who the heck is Hammer?" She then rolls her eyes, "I'm sorry, you only know is fake name. Hammer is 'J's real nickname. And before you ask, I'm not telling you his real name. He has reasons for having secrets. I'm sure he will tell you them soon. But for now, go eat." Ray turned to argue, but she was already gone.

After watching the people for a bit and talking to Mitsuko, Rey decides to walk back down to the bar and order some food as she suggested. He waits for the waitress to walk over to him before he bows again. "Hello again. I would like to place an order to be delivered to my room. I would love to try your beef bourguignon and some of your imported ale. I hear that it is from a brewery to the north east of leiroutuet. Thank you very much." He finishes with another bow before walking over to Jen. "You alright? you seem a bit...off. Not sure how else to put it. You need some food?"

Inventory

SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:40 pm

Dethrial smiled as Jen told him that everything was okay and that they were going to have their chat soon, he was even more interested as one of the people at the table had made eye contact with him but quickly turned away as if afraid. Hmmm, I may need to speak with them now if even Lyn has no idea what they are... and what's a pint or better yet chicken? With J's reappearance Dethrial gets an idea and speaks to J in a excited tone "That sounds like a good idea but first could you talk to those people with me? And maybe you would wan to come too Lyn." Points to the table of Rogues "The Malkior gesturing towards the wolf looks familiar to me but I have no idea you had chapters here and the others have me very interested to where and who they have their covenants." Dethrial pauses for a moment and then asks "Do I look frightening to you right now? If I'm trying to make a good impression I don't want to scare them." Dethrial waits for J's response and he refuses he will try to ask Jen the same thing if he can catch him.
    Hamma-Man

Post by Hamma-Man on Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:24 pm

Rauj nods as Jen heads down the hall, confirming he had caught the order. As he nods Rey walked by him and began speaking to the waitress, so Rauj waits for the man to finish. As he does this an excited Dethrial begins asking him a slew of things, first of which is for him to talk to the table of Rouges nearby, the one thing Rauj was trying to avoid the most. He takes a moment to glance over at them, definitely catching their rather loud and rowdy behavior, minus the one smaller… Rabbit. Rauj’s eyes widen for a second in a moment of what seems like fear.

He quickly flicks his attention back to the Alv before him, “A-heh…” Rauj attempts to change the topic with a bit of Nervous laughter, using that moment to calm his nerves and organize his thoughts. “… Slow down. Malkior? And whaddya mean by chapters and covenants? If they are on some kinda job here, or even belong to some chapter in the first place, asking would be somewhat intrusive and suspicious, especially during what appears to be their time off… Or do you mean something else? Also no, but you seem a bit too excited, so I’m guessing this is new to you. I’ll give you a quick lowdown on what you’re looking at in a moment here, but first I’ve gotta order some food for the group, speaking of…”

He turns to the waitress who is now done taking Rey’s order and mentions “I’ve got an order here for room 05, down the hall. Could we get a large order of chicken, and 3 pints of ale, as well as a large order of your finest greens diced and grilled if’n ya don’t mind. As for what greens, lets have some carrots, lettuce, chicory if ya got any… some beets and radishes… Ooh ooh! Red Onion and some red and green Peppers too! Oh, and for these two…“ He gestures towards Deth and Lyn, but stops short. “… Actually I have no idea. I’m guessing you two aren’t too familiar with food around here, would you just like to double up on what we’re already getting and see if it’s to your liking?” He asks, cocking his head in consideration somewhat. “...We’re gonna need all your condiments as well miss, along with a few extra bowls.” He mentions off hand to the waitress as she waits for Lyn and Deth to answer.

Inventory
    Visor, Spiked Knuckles, Spark Ring, Bap-Master (Totem), Magicked Room Key [#52], AQL#1502, Pass-Codes notebook, AQL Design-Sheet, Duffel Bag

"Its Better to Cross the Line and Suffer the Consequences then to Just Stare at the Line for the Rest of Your Life."
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:12 am

The Innkeep collects the groups orders and smiles. "That should be fine. Your food will be brought to your rooms. She eyes between the group briefly before correcting herself. "Your room, even." noting that the group has made it clear enough that they were planning to meet up in one room together. For the most part.

Lyn, in the meantime, seems a little bewildered at Dethrial's suggestion. She shakes her head, replying; "I think I quite agree with 'J'. It would be rude to interrupt them... That and I'm somewhat weary to be honest."
    She looks about the place briefly then turns to the Innkeep, thanking her before making a realization. "I don't carry any money with me. Perhaps I should find somewhere else for the night?"
    Dazai
    Player
    Player

Post by Dazai on Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Jen turns the handle to the door, and gives it a light push. Stepping into the room and closing the door behind him, he immediately begins rummaging through his pack for his kit. He had to be quick to minimize the risk of someone seeing him. “The others are still out there ordering food, but they’ll be coming to one of these rooms so we can chat,” he said casually, not looking up. With various pieces in his hand, Jen spoke again, ”I’d hope they go to Rey’s room, but I’m not sure we’ll be so lucky… ‘J’ is probably too smart to pass up getting to eye the room.” Early on in his line of work, Jen learned an important lesson about discerning truths. People tell you what they want to tell you. It’s up to the individual to contrast that with the truths of their actions and the environment. Part of holding a secret, is risk prevention after all.

Finally having gathered his materials, Jen sat on the edge of his bed and got to work. Opening the box of large blood vials, Jen pulled one from the container and began setting up the transfusion. As he worked, stray thoughts crossed his mind. Gods knew it’d be quicker if he would just drink the blood, but he would never allow himself to resemble them. They took everything from him and hid like cowards. It was one thing to kill a man, it was another to burn his whole world around him. All while watching from the shadows... Jen’s brow furrowed intensely. Worthless. Nothing but murderers and feral pieces of trash. Ever since he first became a night hunter, he made it a point to look into the eyes of every target he ever pursued. Jen wanted nothing more than to have them feel that despair…that helplessness.  Heaving a large sigh, he continued assembling the kit. A few moments later, Jen found himself staring at another corked vial in his right hand. The tourniquet had already been set, and the IV bag filled with the previous vial’s contents. Jen liked to use this time to gather his own thoughts, so for the most part Sirius left him to his own devices. Of course, if she had any questions or just wanted to talk, Jen was more than willing to take the time to do that instead. Watching the viscous blood creep along as he slightly tilted vial side to side, Jen waited for the transfusion to complete.

A short amount of time had passed, and Jen had finished with his treatment. Having put away his pack and hidden nearly every trace of the transfusion, he gets up to head back to the hallway. Just before Jen reaches the door, he says to Sirius, “I’ll be just outside the door, my friend. They should be arriving pretty soon.” With that, he left the room and leaned against the wall in the hallway.

Inventory

Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:20 pm

Reymondo waits for is answer from Jen but the man walks away from him without a word. Rey lets out a small sigh and shrugs. "Must not of hear me. It is pretty loud in here." He thinks to himself. He then looks over as 'J' or 'Hammer', as Mitsuko wants him to call the man, orders food but wants it delivered to room 05. "I'm sorry, Ma'am." He says to the waitress. "Instead of my room, can you have it brought to my friends room 05? We are all going there to talk. Thank you!"

He then turns around and walks over to Dethriel and Lyn. He can see that Lyn looks really uncomfortable and seems to want to go see a table full of people. "If you want Lyn..." Rey pauses, trying to think of how to word this so he doesn't sound like a creep after some tail. "I just got a new two person room. You are more then welcomed to say in the other bed. I was going to ask if 'J' and or Deth would join as well. You are more than welcomed to one of the two beds. J or Deth can sleep on the couch or the floor." He then pulls out his last gold coin and looks at it for but a moment before he puts it into her hand. "I am not sure what currency they use for money where you are from but we use ore coins like this. That is enough to get you whatever you want to eat and have extra to save for whatever you could want later on. If you follow me to the bar, we can get you something to eat. We are going to talk to Jen but if you don't have to join us. You can have your food delivered to room 208, my room." Rey then gestures to the bar. "let's get you a meal."

Inventory

SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:36 am

Dethrial was confused for a moment till he realized that he used his word for wolf and began to try and remember the name of it as J was ordering some food. "J, it should be fine if they are part of a chapter our kind have worked together many times and Malkior is my tongue for that animal." Points at the wolf sitting down. Dethrial also notices Jen looking kinda sick as he slowly walks towards his room and says "Hope you feel better soon, we'll be there in a bit."

Noticing now that he may have made Lyn uncomfortable Dethrial lets go of a bit of his enthusiasm and offers to walk her to the room. "Rey is right we do have an two beds and if you need to sleep you can have one. I can sleep standing if need be, and if you are nervous I can stand guard outside or in the room."

Last edited by SloneHalcourt on Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:27 am; edited 2 times in total
    Hamma-Man

Post by Hamma-Man on Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:57 am

Rauj thanks the innkeep with a nod as she turns away, turning his focus back towards the pair of foreigners as Lyn realizes she doesn't carry any currency the inn would likely accept and by extension would likely be unable to purchase a room of her own, "... Hm... Well considering the situation thus far we probably should at least pair up room wise, lest someone get in trouble by themselves, on the other-hand, i can understand wanting a room by yourself..." He sighs and considers what he says next for a moment, before just outright stating, "... Do you have anyone in the group you'd rather room with? If there's space i could probably purchase another room."

He shrugs, rather nonchalant about it one way or another, he'd roughed it on more than a few occasions, so worst came to worst he'd sleep outside if need be, but the entrance and retreat of their opponents from earlier forced him to consider seriously sticking to the group, at least for now if for nothing else but safety in numbers... Not that he could trust any of them wholly in this situation other than Rey, his aggression towards their opponents made that pretty clear, still, the man's on the spot decision that violence was the best answer made Rauj somewhat uneasy, though not nearly as much as the girl in the kimono, 'Mitsuko', if he remembered what Rey called her correctly. He was still a pretty perturbed by the specter's ability, and assuming that Rey spoke with it on a regular he couldn't help but wonder just how much the man now knew about Rauj by osmosis.

As he considered this, just the man he had in mind trotted over, offering Lyn a place in his room and placing a gold coin in her hand as he did so; offhandedly tossing Deth and Rauj a spot on the couch and floor. "Eh, fair enough." Rauj shrugged again. They hadn't paid after all, and it seemed the meal was on Jen and Rey as well... Still... "I'll nab the couch then." He said with a bit of a rise to his voice as to be heard clearly, might as well be somewhat comfortable after all.  Deth grabs his attention, explaining a bit more about his people's relationship with 'Malkior', or wolf-like rogues, if Rauj had interpreted his gesturing correctly. Rauj glances at the group of rouges once again, and just as he's about to explain that even if that is true, the wolf at that table didn't seem to recognize Deth despite how much he stood out, being a 6'-something mountain of a man, but he seemed to have already noted Lyn's discomfort and was now offering to guide her to the the room which the group was about to congregate in, the one which Jen had recently stepped out of and had posted up nearby its entrance. His face seemed a bit tightened, as if he was trying to get something squared up in his head... Or trying to place whatever he was thinking about somewhere in the back of his mind.

Inventory

★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:26 am

As Lyn is approached with the regard of food and a place to sleep she finds herself a little overwhelmed. She is taken a bit aback when Rey gives her the last of his money and she begins to fiddle with the coin. She thinks things over, while pursing her lips, trying to come to a conclusion. The group heads further past the bar and Lyn looks down into the hallway - seeing that Jen had made his way back out of his room and is now leaning against the door with a rather exhausted expression. Or perhaps she is mistaking his exhaustion with thoughtfullness.

Just as she thinks she's made a decision, grasping the coin tightly, she turns to the group to adress them only to notice someone approaching.

Rauj feels a sudden chill go down his spine. His sensetive hearing seems to filter out one specific noise through all the rest. First a chair being pulled out from a table. A very unmistakeable distance away from the group. The rustle of a bag being lifted off said chair and pulled overhead. The soft footsteps slowly and cautiously making their way over. He notices Lyn's cocked head looking directly past him confirming his suspicions without even looking back.

A girl seems to have approached the group. She's short, comfortably dressed, and wears a bag at her side. Aside from her beautiful hair her most striking feature are without a doubt the large rabbit ears poking out form under her hair. Dethrial recognizes her having been sitting with the other Rogues, meaning that between her unique appearance and her company she must be such herself.

Lyn furrows her brows a little and turns to Dethrial, confirming; "I suppose you've been presented with an opportunity to enquire on your conjectures."

Info
    Selene has Joined the Game.
    New rotation: Selene > The Usual
    Close
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:17 pm

After She made eye contact with the unfamiliar face she looks down at her food, but her ears stay in the position they were in. She picks up everything thats being said by this new group of people. She settles slightly and begins to subconsciously nod and laugh with the people she is sitting with as to not give her focus away. Her eyes flick back and fourth quickly at the man in black. So he WAS coming this way. The information was correct. She listens on as the new group go back and fourth with banter and ordering food as well as rent rooms.
    I need to get with those people. She thinks. Great...contact with new people... She lets out a sigh and lowers her head. I hate new people... As a few more minutes pass she hears what could be her chance to establish herself with this new group and get her away from this city and closer to her goal. The men were making plans on who went where while the girl of the group seemed both confused and ever so slightly flustered at the situation. She does hear the pale man offer up a second bed to the girl. He dresses classy, but he doesn't know that a lady wouldn't feel comfortable sleeping in a room with a bunch of guys. I wouldn't. This could be my only chance at this...Okay Selene chin up. Her head moves to accent her thoughts. Chest out. She pushes out what little she has and then pauses. Maybe not chest out. Her face shows a faint hue of red at that act. You can do this. Structured words. Look 'em in the eyes. You want them to trust you. They have to. In order to make it easier. Easier for you. She slowly moves her chair back and ruffles with and then grabs her bag and walking stick. She looks up at her three companions and smiles. "I'm going to call it a night guys, but first I have to talk to some people. If we don't leave tomorrow together then good luck and thanks for everything." She bows and walks off.

She moves towards the group which only took a moment. Her eyes scanning but not making eye contact. Though she is looking everyone there over her eyes keep flicking back to the man in black. Rauj. He is a rouge as I was told. With the weapon in the description to match. She reaches them. With the girl already looking at her. Selene inhales. Then slowly exhales. You can do this. You HAVE to. "Uu-uuh excuse me?" She manages to force out. "I know its already been offered...but..." She isn't making eye contact. Look up damnit LOOK UP!!! She frantically tries to mentally tell herself. Her eyes flick up at the girls then down. She begins to tightly grip the strap over her shoulder attached to the bag. "I-I have an extra bed as well. I-I g-g-got a room for two. For me and a friend..." She looks back at the table she came from. More so at the only female at it. "But I doubt she will need it tonight..." She says her voice slightly fading. She always finds someone to sleep with... "My Name is...Selene...and..." She inhales. Here we go. Kill 'em with kindness. "I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP YOU OUT!!!" She yells out uncontrollably as she bows forward attempting to show respect. Her eyes wide and her face now red at how much she 'killed 'em with kindness'. YOU IDIOT WHY DO YOU SUCK AT THIS SO MUCH?!?!?!?!?! She mentally belittles herself in a panic. They're going to think you're crazy after that one...I so messed up. I blew it. Her body is frozen in this position from embarrassment.
    Dazai
    Player
    Player

Post by Dazai on Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:05 pm

Na’hogs’ duke, missing... Jules Winters, missing… through a magic portal no less. Both without much of a trace to the general public. Are they related somehow? The Pagan Resistance weren't strangers to magic, so it wouldn't be too far fetched... Jen had closed his eyes in thought, however his meditation was abruptly shattered by the shrill sound of a child.

Jen opened his eyes to see the group in nearly the same place he left them, except now they seemed to be huddled near a kid. As Jen made his way over to the others, he heard the small girl shriek an offer to Lyn. That’s unusually thoughtful… And the delivery was shaky. She held an air of genuine kindness. That wasn't something Jen saw in people frequently. It brought a slight smile to his face. The girl had posed a question Lyn, so Jen let her answer before he spoke. “My name is Jen, I'm traveling with my friends here. I appreciate you offering to help Lyn,” he said with a pleasant smile on his face. Out of curiosity, he wondered what this girl's goal was. She seemed fairly independent for her age, so he was hesitant to just write her off as just a child. Whatever it was she had in mind, Jen figured it wouldn't likely be malicious. Opting to let the group talk, he took a step back in the conversation.

Inventory

Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:11 pm

Reymondo watches Lyn after he gave her the coin. Mostly reading her facial and body expression about sleeping in the same room with three other men. If she looked visibly uncomfortable, he would ask Hammer or Deth if they had any extra coin they could offer her. He sees that she was shocked with him giving up money like that but he pretended not to notice. Rey hears Hammer call out stating that he would stay on the couch. "That is fine with me Hammer." He says with a nod.

He then sees Lyn turn to say something when he sees her notice something behind him. He turns to see that someone from the table of animal beings is walking over to them. He sees that she is carrying an odd looking staff and makes a mental note about how she must use magic. "Not really surprising seeings how we are in a town with an academy dedicated to teaching magic." He thinks to himself.

He watches as the little girl walks straight up to Lyn and is trying to say something to her. At first it seems like she is fighting with herself to even speak to Lyn, only getting out a few word that are stuttered. He is then caught off guard and visibly jumps back when she screams out her offer to help. Rey stares at the girl wided eyed for a few moments before blinking slowly and looking at the others in his group to see how they take this all in. He then clears his throat and brushes his jacket a bit before walking closer.

"Congratulations Deathrial." Rey says looking over at the man. "It would appear that we have found someone else just as awkward as you." He says this a wide grin, wanting to show that he is kidding. He then turns and looks at the girl. "That is extremely kind of you. However we do not know who you are." "Or her motives..." Mitsuko says as she is looming behind the rabbit girl. Rey just looks up at her for but a moment before looking back at the girl. "Why would you offer to room with someone you don't even know? Rather risky isn't it?" "Ether she is extremely kind and a bit stupid, or..." Mitsuko says, not finishing her sentence.

Inventory

SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:18 am

Dethrial heard the chair pull out and slow unsure foot steps approaching him from behind. Foot steps are light...the person is small and not carrying anything heavy bu there is the sound of a staff of some kind, one of the two women from the table. And judging by the smell was not the one drinking heavy. Dethrial places his hand on the pommel of his sword and turns around to see the young woman with rabbit ears begin to sputter out something to Lyn in a way that took him back. The young voice filled his head with memories as thick as fog and far more intoxicating any any drink.

As Dethrial's eyes closed the sound of tiny footsteps on cold stone and laughter followed by a excited "Catch me!" pulled him deeper. As he opened the again he was in a long and well lit stone hallway and a young child, a girl was running away from him towards an large open bedroom with simple wood furnishings with an roaring fire. The girls hair dark gray hair flowed freely and she was wearing a simple blue dress made just for her, with her arms outstretched she flew onto the room. Without hesitation Dethrial followed the girl into the room and scooped her up into his arms and kissed her forehead while singing a soft lullaby. After the girl had fallen asleep Dethrial tucks her into her bed and strokes her cheek. A sudden voice one familiar but not as welcome wakes him from his day dream.

The voice belonged to Rey and he was congratulating him on finding someone just awkward as he was, all the while smiling in a way that could only mean he was joking. Damn it...what just happened? Dethrial stops for a moment to really look at the girl in front of him as the lighting of the innwas rather hard to see anything in detail and when he does his heart almost stops. His voice is shaky and he speaks with out thinking "Cindisil?"
    Hamma-Man

Post by Hamma-Man on Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:21 pm

Rauj doesn't even turn around, he didn't want to believe what he was hearing, but Lyn's curious gaze was all he needed to confirm his suspicion. As she begins to speak he slowly turns around, trying and failing miserably to hide his discomfort as he takes a few instinctive steps back while she stammers out her offer. He listen's carefully to what she's saying, and based on it he can already tell she's got some reasoning behind this, she's legitimately shy, but she's offering her living space to some complete strangers? Bullshit. She pauses and inhales after she introduces herself and Rauj starts to call her out "Cut the-", but her sudden yelling makes him hop back and reach for his weapon.

Selene's sudden yelling definitely attracted the attentiveness of just about everyone, and Rauj is downright astounded. If she was trying to force them into a certain position she had played her cards pretty damn well. "Shit" he says to himself as he slowly brings his hands up to his face rubbing his temples at how he could already see his situation getting worse. No where to go at the moment, and now he was more than likely going to have to keep an eye on, not to mention WORK WITH this girl. He thinks back and visibly shudders at the thoughts that come to mind. He looks around at the others exchanging glances with Rey specifically, Jen generally accepting the Selene's offer and Deth seeming to be in a bit of a daze, muttering a name, Rauj thinks at least. "Cindisil? Who or what is that?" Rauj questions internally, but merely raises an eyebrow externally. Rey then proceeds to actually question the girl's motives. Rauj sighs, relieved a bit that someone else had similar thoughts in mind.

Rauj steps forward a bit as well, his courage somewhat renewed now that he knew someone else held the same suspicions. "...You seem rather shy after all, " he follows up Rey's inquisition with his own, " i'm pretty sure we haven't met and your timing is... rather intriguing..." He crosses his arms in a 'pondering' stance, relating his thoughts back to the group they had recently handled, the timing was far too good, if anything they could be attempting to plant one of their own in the group...

He pauses for a sec, something about what was said earlier bothered him, something that Rey said... then it hit him like a ton of bricks, a bit late on the uptake but... Rauj turns to Rey grabbing him on the shoulder with a bit of a force, "By the way Reymundo... What the hell did you just call me?" There's a clear amount of tension in his voice and irritation in his look, easily visible despite the cover provided by his visor, his eyes almost seem to light up. He hadn't let that name slip at any time, and nobody should know that name... unless... "... What did that nosy..." He barely holds himself back from calling her some pretty choice words, "What did SHE tell you?" He growls since his worst fears seem to have been realized.

Inventory

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:27 pm