Welcome to the Neogaea Roleplay Community

A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 2)

★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 2)

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:28 am

Rey wrote:Rey let out a small sigh of annoyance at what the people said. He just shacks his head and walks away from them. "I nee to focus at the task at hand. I have never been so close..." He turns to the group.

"Well if you guys wish, you can stay here and enjoy the show. I am going to have myself a look around this rather amazing place. I will return in...let's say an hour or so. Feel free to fallow if you want."

He then picks up Enkidu, so the bird doesn't get stepped on. He walks out of the room and waits a moment to see if anyone has fallowed.

Info
    Reymondo has joined.
    Dethrial has joined.

New Rotation: Yuki -> Rey -> Dethrial
    Close

Dethrial ends up following Rey as the two of them step into another hallway, splitting away from Ruhiel and Atsuko.

The two of them wander about the place for a bit. It's pretty busy, and that's no surprise. They figure that it will be a few months before things truly start to calm down and settle into place.
    Just like in the other hall there are various rooms showcasing different examples of the skills and spells taught at the academy, and giving some insight into the research conducted there. A lot of these are just barely above the average, but the whole place carries around a feel of pristine and professionalism that can be found nowhere else. It's no wonder that so many talented mages flock to the opportunity to study at such an institute. And as always, Rey knows places like these too well. There is always a secret hidden somewhere in these places. And there is always someone who knows how to find them... A happy coincidence as he finds himself in-front of an informational reception sort of area. A place where everyone signing up for entering the academy can be found.

Inside the both, separated by a thick sheet of glass, is a familiar face staring back at Rey and Dethrial with generic disinterest; The lady from the arena, that a few hours earlier had written down the entries of various competitors joining the fights for glory and money.

Clearly recognizing the two of them she lets out an audible sigh, hoping they will just walk on by instead of asking for any information. Truly an artist at avoiding work.
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 2)

Post by Dr.Atrium on Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:56 pm

Reymondo was rather shocked when he saw that it was Dethrial that desided to join him. The two make their way through the academy and find themselves in front of the lady as before. He couldn't help but laugh a little as he sees her very bored expression.

"I'm not going to lie, I was hoping for someone who took pride in their work and the fact they are working in such an amazing place..." Reymondo lets out a sigh, matching how she looked and sounded like. "But I guess begers can't be choosers." He then shrugs. "I am looking for someone by the name of Acolyte Kaavi Treis. I have been told she comes here to study when she isn't working at the church. Could you tell me were I may find her?"

Inventory
    Lantern, Scythe, Protraction Apache Revolver, Branded summoning pentagram, Colette's AQL Code (#1209), Kaavi's AQL Code(#1811), A plain alloy box with one quartz crystal that Kaavi was testing, Rey's own AQL (#3356), Spirit Lens

"Revenge is an act of passion; Vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; Crimes are avenged."
    "I do not live in hope. I work to return it."
    SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:05 pm

Dethrial tries his hardest to smile as he keeps catching the strange looks of mages passing by and hearing their not so hushed whispers. He was rather happy looking at various displays and showing of many magics he had never seen of heard of, and used terms that just as alien. Protraction, Fabrica, Spellweaving, Hex. What does that mean?

He was about to ask Rey when he came to the information booth and he recognized a sigh and a pair of tired eyes. It was the woman from the arena and she was trying to slump down in her chair in a lazy attempt to hide and avoid talking to them. As Rey was talking to her Dethrial sees his revolver and a sudden urge to ask Rey if he could handle it, as he had see firearms in scrolls but never the real thing. He patiently waited and when Rey was done talking to the woman and then asked "Umm, Raymundo this may seem a little odd but could I see your gun? I've never seen one outside of books and scrolls and they seem fascinating."
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:24 pm

The woman sighs. "Uhh... yeah... a moment..."
    She starts flipping through a book, tracing her fingers along many lists of many many names, giving Rey enough time to deal with Dethrial.
    He realizes that pulling a gun inside of an academy, let alone during such a public event with so many people around, might not be the best of ideas.

After he gives Dethrial his answer the woman slides a book up to the glass, tapping her finger on the name.
    "Kaavi Treis - Womans dormitory room 319 - Lab 52"
    She writes a little note and slides it under the glass so Rey has a reminder.
    "She's not a student. She works in the labs with one of the professors. A bright cookie that one...I guess..."
    The woman sighs again and waves her hand dismissingly; "Did you need anything else?"
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:21 pm

Reymondo smiles at the lady and is about to say no when he gets an idea. It is clear by watching Dethrial that he knows nothing about magic. "As a matter a fact, Yes. I know this might be unconventional but is there an empty room that I may use for about ten minutes? My friend here is very new when it comes to anything in the arcana. I wish to show him a few things and not scare or bother anyone in the area by just doing it right here."

Inventory
    Lantern, Scythe, Protraction Apache Revolver, Branded summoning pentagram, Colette's AQL Code (#1209), Kaavi's AQL Code(#1811), A plain alloy box with one quartz crystal that Kaavi was testing, Rey's own AQL (#3356), Spirit Lens

"Revenge is an act of passion; Vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; Crimes are avenged."
    SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:30 pm

Dethrial's ears perk up when he hears Reymundo's plan. This could be really interesting, and maybe he could fill me in on the way magic work around here...and maybe I could see his gun. I wonder why this Kaavi Treis is so important to him? He then asked the woman in a polite tone "Excuse me miss, but could I get a barrel of earth delivered to the room or is there a place were there would be some readily available?".

Last edited by Mr. Halcourt on Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:00 am

The woman sighs and adjusts her glasses before answering rey. "I don't believe so but... I don't know what they have planned with each individual rooms." She idly flips through the book some more reading through various rooms. "...yeah it looks like there are no just, empty rooms, around the area. Sorry."

She raises an eyebrow and closes the book in response to dethrial's question. "Huh? ...I don't think such a strange request is possible..." she sighs again and slumps back into her chair. "Did you need anything else...?"
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:17 pm

Reymondo is about to say no once again but remembers something that he had made a mental note about.

"One last thing. Where can I get a Aura-Quartz Link? I was told that the academy is where I could pick one up in order to stay in contact with my friends here." He hopes that there isn't a fee for the crystal. "Also if you don't have any open rooms for us, is there like a training ground that we could go to use magic without bothering people?"

Inventory

SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:21 pm

As they are waiting on the woman to look into the Aura-Quartz Link, Dethrial is amazed one again. They have magic that allows them to communicate by just using a common mineral, I'm going to learn so much here. He then decides to just ask Rey a few questions "So, Reymondo can you tell me about these magics that everyone in this land uses? Also they all have such different names but why is the one called Hex so short...and it sounds kinda sinister. Also I saw you fight in the arena what was that you were fighting?"

Dethrial ten remembers his inappropriate comment from a few minuets ago and looks the desk woman in the eye with embarrassment all over his face. "I am very sorry about my request that I made to my friend and failed to see the real ramifications of it. I'm sorry if it made you feel uncomforable."
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:24 pm

The attendant crosses her legs and leans on her hand as she explains with a lackluster expression; "There are training rooms but they are all reserved for the shows today. I don't think you're going to have a lot of luck finding a quiet space today."

"AQL? Hmm. I have some here but... these are for staff members and students." She pulls out a compartment under her desk and rifles through some papers, then pulling out a large stack of them. "Hmm..." she purses her lips in thought and adjusts her glasses, for once looking like she is actually somewhat interested in her work. "These are pretty expensive. What do you need it for? Just your friend or...?"
    She shakes her head and divides the stack of papers evenly in half. "Its going to take me some time to fill out these, but tell you what. You're going to the labs anyway, right? Take this paper here, and get it signed by one of the professors down there. You'll likely have to argue one of the old geezers into it but if you can do this for me then I'll give you an AQL free of charge. Well... we'll just say you owe me a favor should we ever cross paths again."
    She adjusts her glasses once again, which flash and obscure her eyes.
    "Now then, if you really want one, I'm going to have to fill out this paperwork."

Dethrial can't help but notice the fact that she didn't seem to have any response or reaction to his apology.

Info
    Rey receives an Unsigned Paper #1
    Dethrial receives an Unsigned Paper #2
    Close
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:55 pm

Reymondo takes the papers and hands one to Dethrial. He then thinks about what she has said, not really liking the idea if owing someone something but he has little choice. He hides it well though and smile bright for the girl. "Thank you very much! You have been a big help."

With that he turns and starts to walk to the labs with Dethrial. "You watched my arena fight? Thank you very much. I faught two different things but I am guessing you mean the last thing I faught. That was a lesser demon known as a wraith. A rather easy demon to fight if you have strong magic or a special metal to harm them. Luck for me Collette, my opponent, wasn't able to finish her summon. That made it so it was a half wraith." They walk down the halls for a bit ad he thinks. "There are lots of magic around here. Summoning, hexs, protrations, and many many more. This building we are at is a home to some of the smartest casters in all the land. As for Hexs, the reason it sounds like it's sinister is because most of them are. Hexs are mostly for harming and cursing. Since we are on the subject, you saw me use some of my magic. Can you use magic? If so, what can you do?"

Inventory

SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:19 am

Dethrial rubs his hands together and smiled "Yes, I can use some magic in my land it's called Exchanging or the more combat oriented version is called Reaving. I was not taught the full intricacies of Exchanging, but I found that I can easily work with the elements of the earth."

With that he pulls our one of the throwing knives he still has from the arena and after a moment it morphs into a beautiful flower. The metal seems to have been shaped and molded by some other force but does not carry a hostile feeling. Dethrial then hands the flower to Rey and laughs nervously "Don't look at me like that, I know I'm only doing low level things but I'm getting better."
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:20 am

Pass

Info
    Inventing new things.
    Sometimes there is a point where in order to stay lore-friendly we must invent new ideas and concepts to fit better in with our characters background. To that end, I do not mind if you want to come up with your own name for slight variations of pre-existing magic, but please consider that the only magic player-characters are allowed to use are ones taught through the game or already established in the world. That being said, please don't just randomly decide the rules of whatever spin-off magic you want to create for yourself. Instead talk to me directly so we can figure out a lore-friendly alternative. Ultimately we can't just have people creating new never previously before seen magic that can completely throw off the balance of the game. Just as a fair warning! For now, you may continue.
    Close
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:35 pm

Reymondo takes the metal flower with a sense of wounder on his face. "This is very interesting. I have never seen anything like this before. I would imagine it to be a rather useful trait to have. I could see you using this skill to stretch but the dagger into a sword...then again if you did that you would be stretching it out that far it would make the metal so thin that it could just shatter like glass." He thinks about it some more before he turns his attention back to Dethrial.

"Well if you saw my arena fight then you already know what I can do..." He then looks down at Enkidu, who is still in is arm, just taking everything in and clucking at a few people as they walk by. "Hey bud, I need a small flame." He says. The rooster clucks once and spits out a small flame into Rey's open hand. He then focus on the small flame and in turn makes the flame look like a flower that is blowing in the wind. "I'm afraid I can't give you this flower to look at. I am able to minuplate fire. Make it do almost anything I want it to, however I am unable to create my own flames. That is why I have my partner here." As he talks about Enkidu he pets the bird from head to his tail. "Hopefully one day I will figure out how to conjure fire but until then I am happy with what I can do."

When he is done talking, Rey takes out the note that given to him with the lab number. He looks up at a sign that says 'Lab 21'. "Looks like we have a little ways to go.

Inventory

SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:16 pm

Dethrial looks around and sees a plaque pointing to the labs on the wall and notes that the number of people is diminishing as they walk down the hall way. What few their are roaming the halls and most of the people passing by him have their nose in a book or are rushing around with their arms full of scrolls or books. At the far end of the hallway he sees a pair of large metal doors with small windows that seemed out of place for all the expended extravagance of this place, unlike his school where everything was made out of stone and wood and kept very simple.

Before he can silence himself he says to Rey "Why do they think they need all of this -gestures vaguely around him- just to learn? And where do they get all these funds to build a gilded place of learning?"
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:46 pm

Pass
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:12 pm

Reymondo looks around a bit and smiles. "There is a simple reason for everything to look great. It is much easier to learn in a fancy school rather then trying to learn outside in the cold rain. That and you have tools and equipment to help learn. As for the the funding, I am sure they just sell their newly developed magical tools and devices."

He looks at the the nearest sign that says 'Lab 30'.

Inventory

SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:14 am

Dethrial lets his shoulders sag and he lets out a sigh. "I understand what you mean...but I still feel as if this would be more of a distraction to a student. Also, would you have to pay to go here? I feel as if it would be enormously expensive and would dissuade those who's pockets are not lined with gold." Dethrial ruffles his hair and the sound of aggravation entered his voice. "I'm sorry...I just don't understand you people that at all, everything here seems to be either corrupt or unnaturally lavish." He pauses for a moment and gains his composer. "That was uncalled for I'm sorry...but there is one thing I want to ask you. What's a demon?"
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:04 pm

Reymondo looks over at Dethrial, intrigued that he is getting angry about this. "From what I can tell, you do not pay to get into the academy. The academy selects it's students by their skill and potential. I believe the only thing you have to pay for is your living expenses. But that doesn't mean that there isn't corruption here though." He raises his eye brow. "Do you have a problem with the upper class, the wealthy and the rich? Also I need you to remember this well..." Rey's voice becomes hard, not angry but wanting to make a point. "...do not lump me in the same group as the people in this academy. I have never been here nor do I wish to attend here." With that out of the way, Rey returns to his smiling self.

Thinking about how to answer Dethrial's last question. "A demon is a being that is not from this world. Mostly living in the depths of hell. Demons come in a number of form ranging from monster to human-like. A large present of demons are only interested in power and controlling the weak. But there are a few who have other goals. There are some people who are skilled enough to summon a demon. A very tricky and dangerous thing to do. Why do you ask?"

Inventory

SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:55 am

Dethrial looks a little bit ashamed and his ears lower. "Forgive me, I did not mean to offend you in any way, I'm from a simple land with simple values and just some of these people just don't sit right me. I also don't hate those with wealth just those that use it as a weapon or abuse it."

Dethrial then straightens his back and speaks with a curious tone. "I've fought monsters before but I've never seen ones like these demons...And what is Hell?"
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:02 pm

As they keep walking, Reymondo thinks about how to describe hell to Dethrial. "Well I for one don't know what it looks like for sure, but I have read books and listened to a few preachers. Hell is supposed to be the gate to the underworld. But there is a legend, it says there is a large plains of glowing ice on which sits a throne that death resides on, guarding the whole of hell. Other then that, I got nothing."

Soon Rey stops, closed doors are Infront of him with the plaque that reads 52. "Well here we are. Let's hope the people in here will help us." Without knocking Reymondo opens the door and walks in.

Inventory

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:22 pm