Player

Dethrial the Son of Orneil

Post by SloneHalcourt on Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:30 pm

Name: Dethrial
    Class: Understanding
    Sub-Class: Warrior
    Profession: Son of Orneil, Artist
    Race: Half Alv, they call themselves "Voul"

Race trait: As they were raised in fire and extreme heats that have a natural resistance to fire or hot things for about 20 min, over time he will get more and more uncomfortable and the pain will increase until it becomes unbearable pain or damage. This does not include dragon fire or other high power magic flames, though they will not suffer the full brunt of such attacks. He will also recover from burn or other fire related injuries faster than normal.

32/32
    Social: 1
    Might: 8
    Stealth: 0
    Arcana: 2
    Endurance 6
    Agility 6
    Speed 2
    Accuracy 7

Load-out
    He uses two large square bars of iron that are carried at his sides, they also have a different composition than normal iron. Each of the iron bars rests in the grip of a set of metal hands one male, one female. These objects are imbued with a pair of souls of master blacksmiths from long ago and will form the iron bars into weapons quickly for Dethrial (in a matter of minutes, faster if need be). The hands can only forge weapons three times a day and if used in battle all the uses are used up.  He wears a full iron helm in the shape of a wolf head with a removable face plate, with a scale mail hauberk. He has an iron kite shield with a dragon design on the front. He wears heavy leather boots with iron covering the foot and leather gauntlets with iron on the outward facing parts.  Under that he wears a long sleeved gray-blue shirt and dark brown pants with a leather belt.

Background story
    He comes from a far off land covered with mountains and volcanoes called Nortal, where the land is hot and harsh. From a young age he displayed a gift for art and creativity, he could draw elaborate charcoal pieces and build small contraptions. Dethrial seemed to be destined to be a “Hand of Orneil” or otherwise known as an artist or engineer. But as luck would have it he was chosen by Orneil herself to be a “Son of Orneil” at the age of 15, these were handpicked warriors who were giving great gifts and training. He despised this and even asked to be free of this task, but Orneil told him that him that he had a different task. He was to become her warrior but was going to be sent out into the world to learn from the other peoples and cultures and in time to find those that could produce off spring with his people. As his peoples numbers are dropping and the risk of inbreeding is going up. Dethrial, took up this mission gladly and trained till he was sent off to the place Gaea. He knows the common tongue of Gaea and little else of its people.

Appearance
    He is around 6’ 3” and has short ash colored hair that touches his pointed ears and amber colored eyes. He has redish bronze skin and silver tattoos on him arms, on his right there is a powerful looking wolf that is shielding a man and woman and on his left there is a dragon that is surrounded with trees, blades, and books. He has very strong looking body and tends to intimidate people without meaning to.

Traits: Positive
    +Kind
    +Reasonable
    +Merciful
    +Creative
    +Positive

Negative
    -Suffers from culture shock (everything is new to him)
    -Hates bloodshed
    -Shy around women
    -thin skinned  (Is easily hurt with insults)
    -Is spiritually sensitive
    -Insulting his Gods (He calls them Teachers) will quickly anger him
    -will not use other people’s weapons

He can use a bit of earth magic
    He can speak, read, and write in common fluently

Inventory
    *Large leather sketch book with charcoal in a metal case
    *Another large leather book for recording things
    *Cooking pan and tinderbox
    *Fishing line and hooks
    *Heavy duty blanket

Last edited by Mr. Halcourt on Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:51 am; edited 4 times in total
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Re: Dethrial the Son of Orneil

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:20 pm

I've taken the liberty to mark sections I either don't understand or don't agree with.
    Yellow is for things that need clarification.
    Orange is for things that need to be looked into further and possibly changed.

1* He has 8 in might, 6 in endurance, and is classified as a Warrior. What makes him Understanding over Chaos?

2* His agility is pretty high, which I don't disagree with, but how does the immense weight of the bars factor in to his ability to dodge and navigate around things quickly. I understand his speed is very low, so could you clarify this a bit more?

1* It wouldn't make a lot of sense for it to only start causing pain and damage after 20 minutes have passed. To clarify, I'm thinking heat resistance is fine, but it would start with him being only uncomforterable past a few minutes, then evolve into mild pain and eventually work its way up to normal burn damage with the 20 minute mark being serious pain and damage whereas normal humans would be long dead by this point. What do you think?

2* We have a character that's very similar to this in terms of background and objective. Atsuko (Link) is sent from the far north to learn about the world, quote;
    Atsuko's Profile wrote:She's a Warrior, and potential warchief from a tribe in the northlands. Her training is complete, and she has been sent out to explore the world; gain experience and knowledge that will help her be a good chief. She is looking for adventure, and relations with people of different cultures in order to broaden her horizons.
    I see this could cause problems just as much as it could help the characters to relate, even if both their objectives are slightly similar their main goal is more or less the same. 
    I would like some opinions from other players on this matter as well.

Info

I would like the other players to voice 

their opinions, what you like and dislike 

about this character. Which parts you think

fit with the lore and what you believe won't 

work out. Feel free to ask any questions you 

might have so we can go over this together 

and figure out the details.

Close
    DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

Post by DelaKayte on Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:35 pm

As the player of Atsuko, I don't mind that we have similar motivations. I would expect that many outsiders come with that kind of motivation, whatever the core drive of it is. The only thing I would ask is that he be able to speak fluently. 2 of us speaking in pidgin common just won't work.

There definitely needs to be some more explanation of the bars of iron. Yuki has already pointed out anything else I would have said.
    SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Fixes

Post by SloneHalcourt on Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:19 pm

Well, I fixed the arm mistake and defined the thin skinned part.

Also, he's Understanding as he is more likely to help somone than hurt them and he does not revel in bloodshed and only kills if he has to.

About the bar part, as he was trained he was continually given more weight so when it was his time to leave he could fight and move in full gear with no to little trouble. Now they feel natural to him and rarely mess with his movements.
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:34 pm

I see, so this is basically a DBZ Heavy Training Clothing situation. So that explains why his speed is so low but his agility is pretty good which is fair enough I think. What about the weight and swing speed of each weapon. Despite his agility I would imagine he's a pretty slow fighter then. Not a lot of flashy tricks and more dedicated and calculated to make up for how clunky he is?
    SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:54 pm

Well, he is far from a clunky fighter and he would fight around the same speed as a normal human. as for his weapons is depends on what they are, his sword swings are pretty fast, if he was using an ax his swings would be slower, and when he is just using the iron bar it is very slow. He will usually have the correct weapon made before hand if he knows what he's getting into. His fighting style is more defensive and relies on his skill and patience, and usually not tricks or fancy attacks.
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:47 am

i have what could be a stupid question. is your profile picture a picture of the character that you are going to be using? If so, why does he have horns? this isn't mentioned in the character sheet at all.

Inventory
    Lantern, Scythe, Protraction Apache Revolver, Branded summoning pentagram, Colette's AQL Code (#1209), Kaavi's AQL Code(#1811), A plain alloy box with one quartz crystal that Kaavi was testing, Rey's own AQL (#3356), Spirit Lens

"Revenge is an act of passion; Vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; Crimes are avenged."
    "I do not live in hope. I work to return it."
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:49 pm

Dr.Atrium wrote:i have what could be a stupid question. is your profile picture a picture of the character that you are going to be using? If so, why does he have horns? this isn't mentioned in the character sheet at all.

It's not, that's a commission I did about a year ago.
    Aside that, what do you think of the character?
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:19 pm

well everything looks good to me. Dela said she was ok with their goals being similar so its ok with me. i agree with Yuki, his swing should be a bit slower then a person with a light weapon.

Inventory
    Lantern, Scythe, Protraction Apache Revolver, Branded summoning pentagram, Colette's AQL Code (#1209), Kaavi's AQL Code(#1811), A plain alloy box with one quartz crystal that Kaavi was testing, Rey's own AQL (#3356), Spirit Lens

"Revenge is an act of passion; Vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; Crimes are avenged."
    SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:47 pm

So, my character is not super fast and will not be able to fight fast enemies very well, that's why he'll need the rest of your characters to help in fights like that."
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:01 am

yes and no. from how you described, it sounded like he may not be the fastest but he is able to dodge and you rarely miss. so it mean that he is a patient fighter, so like you are able to dodge most attacks thrown at you but you are able to watch and study your enemy knowing when to attack so you deal massive damage. Sound about right?

Inventory

SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:32 pm

Exactly, he fights carefully and looks for openings to do damage.
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:02 pm

i really like that! you have the green like from me.

Inventory

★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:05 pm

From me too.

You can go ahead and build your signature, post your character in the Player Characters section and I'll get ready to add you in to the game. If there's any issues or anyone else want's to address something about the character we'll look into it then.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:08 pm