Welcome to the Neogaea Roleplay Community


    A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

    Share
    avatar
    DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 274
    Join date : 2014-11-09

    Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

    Post by DelaKayte on Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:46 am

    As they enter the spectacle, and she's given a chance to get close, Atsuko turns to Dethrial and smiles. "I no not see, no not hear you. Many thing here. Many see. Many hear. I see move, you magic on skin. I hear you say Ruhiel. I not know many words. I hear quiet, learn new."


    _________________
    Atsuko Samhradháin Tattooed Warrior
    Chaos - Agility: 10Speed: 8Endurance: 5 | Accuracy: 3
    04 Gold  00 Silver 00 Bronze 
    Inventory
    Cloak- white, waterproof, fur lined Clothing- haltar top, short shorts, knee-high leather boots Backpack- waterproof canvas Gear- Knife, mess kit, string, waterproof bedroll, canvas sheet, Worn out Sonic Boots, Black and gold formal outfit Hunting Javelin x2 | AQL#1498 | Alexander's AQL Code #1131 |Party AQL codes: #1502, #3356
    avatar
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 99
    Join date : 2016-05-13

    Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

    Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:59 pm

    Ruhiel snaps over and grabs Dethrial's hand gripping it tightly. "Ruhiel Cromar Isengrant at your service." He smiles shaking Dethrial's hand vigorously. "To be honest though." He lets go. "I'm not a priest of this land. I actually don't come from anywhere in this area. So I can't really say what you should try for food." He laughs. "It'll be a learning experience for both of us." He thinks for a second tapping his lip. "For worship I honestly don't worship any god or deity for that matter. Its funny actually. The church doesn't really like it that much, but they can't argue with me when I have a natural ability to heal most ailments. Plus wounds for that matter. Your helmet though I noticed first. The face is the first place I look when I meet someone, and you were wearing it."

    "You say my eyes grew cold when conflict arose in line." His smile slightly fades as his eye lowers towards the ground. He puts a hand on the patch. He catches himself and looks back up. Pointing at the eye patch on the left side of his face. "Sadly I only have one. Luckily I was graced with a spare. I don't have a knack for fighting either." Turning around to look into the academy he sees Atsuko and Rey a bit behind her talking to a man and a woman who looked a little distraught. He sighs. "Great now we are talking to people. Oi..." Looking back towards Dethrial. "What about you D? What brings you to this area? The arena? Or something in the academy?"
    avatar
    SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 85
    Join date : 2016-08-13

    Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

    Post by SloneHalcourt on Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:13 am

    Dethrial frowns when Ruhiel avoided his question, but sees that the man may have a reason for dodging the question. But the knowledge of that he was not alone in being new to his land makes him feel better, so he smiles and says "Well, my mission here is very interesting. I'm here to gather knowledge and information about this country and..." He clears his throat and continues. "I'm here to see if my race can procreate with any of the races here, because my people's pool of viable pairings is disappearing quickly." Dethrial's face is bright red as he's saying it.

    He messes with his hair for a moment and continues "As for the arena, I was in there just to earn some funds and I guess to get some exercise."
    avatar
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

    Posts : 899
    Join date : 2013-12-14
    Age : 26
    Location : Calgary

    Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

    Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:37 pm

    The man adjacent to the woman bursts out in a chuckle as Rey addresses the woman. "Hah. She's a forgetful one. I wouldn't be surprised if she left it at her room." The woman gives him a sarcastic sneer before answering Rey. "No, yeah. If I had my purse it would have been right here with me. I must have forgotten it afterall."

    "Ouff!" A man suddenly backs up into dethrial after having accidentally bumped into another man with long black hair and a visor hat of some kind. "Sorry man... didn't see ya there." he tells the guy he accidentally bumped into and turns to dethrial to check up on him. Even-though dethrial seems rather un-phased by it the guy asks just incase. "You alright dude?"

    Info
    Rauj has joined.
    New Rotation: Yuki -> Rauj -> Rey -> Atsuko -> Ruhiel -> Dethrial.

    Rauj has obtained 2 Gold.
    Rauj has obtained Magicked Room Key [#52].
    Close

    avatar
    Hamma-Man
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 65
    Join date : 2016-08-24

    Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

    Post by Hamma-Man on Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:19 am

    Rauj glances back after the collision with the man, "Heh, S' all good." He responds with a nonchalant two fingered salute as he continues down the hall, taking a few steps before turning looking back to regard the 'clumsy' man as well as the group the man was now apologizing to. "Hm." He mutters in a barely audible tone. He recognizes one of the members immediately after hearing bits and pieces of their earlier conversation, "... The 'Un'-Holy Choir-man Ruhiel... not good." He muses internally as his gaze tightens somewhat.

    His gaze flicks to the more flamboyantly dressed of the group, "...and i'm pretty sure i've seen that horned one somewhere... Someplace I've been before..." He struggles to grasp the memory, a faded picture of a very pale child whose head was covered in a hood... it wasn't the picture that was important it was who it belonged to... maybe not even who but where he found it...

    "Tch." He sucks his teeth in annoyance, he was focusing too much on it, the answers would more than likely come to him in time. He shifted his gaze to the last two; a female who seemed to be wearing more tattoos than clothing, but boasted a physique that had clearly seen its share of battle; and a strange ashen haired man whom Rauj had determined was Halv Alv. Basing his conclusion not only on his unusual height and pointed ears, but the smell of ash that seemed to permeate off the man, as if he had spent most his life in the vicinity of some kind-of volcanic activity; Still it was EXTREMELY rare to spot one so far away from the mountains. He was curious as to what this ragtag group of misfits were up to, but figured he'd leave it for another time. After all he had a job to focus on, and these four seemed likely to cause enough trouble that he'd be seeing them again soon... perhaps sooner then he anticipated...

    His analysis of the group had only taken a moment or two; still he felt as if he'd stuck around a bit too long and headed back down the hall hoping to get a better look at the area he now inhabited before getting too wrapped up in some kinda commotion. He turned his mind instead to the item within his pocket, curious as to what secret it was keeping locked away. Deciding it would be rude to keep his prize waiting he immediately began to investigate what ol' '52' opened the best way he knew how: wandering until a hint revealed itself, his favorite part of the job.~

    By the numbers he assumed it would be best to merely keep his eyes open for recurring digits of a sort.


    _________________
    Rauj, InFighter
    Shadow - Speed: 9 |Agility: 9 |Stealth: 5 |Accuracy: 5 |Might: 4
    4 Gold , 70 Silver , 0 Bronze
    Inventory
    Visor, Spiked Knuckles, Spark Ring, Bap-Master (Totem), Magicked Room Key [#52], AQL#1502, Pass-Codes notebook, AQL Design-Sheet, Duffel Bag
    Belt Contains: 9 lock picks (4 enchanted), Shuko 2x, Ashiko 2x
    Boots Contain: 2 small daggers


    "Its Better to Cross the Line and Suffer the Consequences then to Just Stare at the Line for the Rest of Your Life."
    avatar
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

    Posts : 471
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 26
    Location : USA

    Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

    Post by Dr.Atrium on Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:45 am

    Rey let out a small sigh of annoyance at what the people said. He just shacks his head and walks away from them. "I nee to focus at the task at hand. I have never been so close..." He turns to the group.

    "Well if you guys wish, you can stay here and enjoy the show. I am going to have myself a look around this rather amazing place. I will return in...let's say an hour or so. Feel free to fallow if you want."

    He then picks up Enkidu, so the bird doesn't get stepped on. He walks out of the room and waits a moment to see if anyone has fallowed.


    _________________
    Raymondo, Demon Hunter
    Arcana - Arcana: 8 |Speed: 7 |Agility: 5, Might: 5
    00   ,25    , 00   
    Inventory
    Lantern, Scythe, Protraction Apache Revolver, Branded summoning pentagram, Colette's AQL Code (#1209), Kaavi's AQL Code(#1811), A plain alloy box with one quartz crystal that Kaavi was testing, Rey's own AQL (#3356), Spirit Lens


    "Revenge is an act of passion; Vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; Crimes are avenged."
    "I do not live in hope. I work to return it."
    avatar
    DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 274
    Join date : 2014-11-09

    Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

    Post by DelaKayte on Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:12 pm

    Atsuko watches Ruhiel to see which he seems more interested in; the horned one, or the door.


    _________________
    Atsuko Samhradháin Tattooed Warrior
    Chaos - Agility: 10Speed: 8Endurance: 5 | Accuracy: 3
    04 Gold  00 Silver 00 Bronze 
    Inventory
    Cloak- white, waterproof, fur lined Clothing- haltar top, short shorts, knee-high leather boots Backpack- waterproof canvas Gear- Knife, mess kit, string, waterproof bedroll, canvas sheet, Worn out Sonic Boots, Black and gold formal outfit Hunting Javelin x2 | AQL#1498 | Alexander's AQL Code #1131 |Party AQL codes: #1502, #3356
    avatar
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 99
    Join date : 2016-05-13

    Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

    Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:30 pm

    Hearing the second part of Dethrial's reason made him laugh. He laughed loud enough that some of the people in the hall turned to look at the reason of the noise. Wiping the tear from his eye he collects himself. "I'm sorry. I do hope that part goes well for you. The last thing I want to see is a dwindling race population." He notices the collision of people. One of whom bumps into Dethrial who doesn't seem to be phased. He sees the darker skinned man with the hat walk past the group. Turning his head slightly he sees the man turn around quick and scan the area. More around where the group was standing. The turn and walk off. "Odd." He turns around to hear Rey finishing his sentence and walking off as Atsuko looks towards him as if waiting to see what he does. "She must be as lost as I am here. Her more so because she isn't used to places like this."He thinks to himself. "Well the man-thing said he would be back in an hour, and this showing starts in a half. So I'm going to the door. I have no concern to wonder right now. You two feel free to come along." He begins to walk down the hall looking for the show room.
    avatar
    SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 85
    Join date : 2016-08-13

    Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

    Post by SloneHalcourt on Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:20 am

    Dethrial face turns even more crimson as Ruhiel laughs and he continues to ruffle his hair. "Orneil herself gave me that task...she has a odd sense of humor sometimes." He then smiles and then straighten his shirt. After listening to everyone he decided to follow Rey so he would not be alone. "Well, I will go Raymundo to keep him company and watch his back. May Orneil watch over you." With that he jogs up to Rey and nods.
    avatar
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

    Posts : 899
    Join date : 2013-12-14
    Age : 26
    Location : Calgary

    Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

    Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:14 am

    The group splits up with Atsuko and Ruhiel making their way to the show room, while Dethrial follows Rey around a bit longer.

    Info
    Reymondo has left.
    Dethrial has left.
    Rauj has left.

    New Rotation: Yuki -> Ruhiel -> Atsuko

    Instancing
    Sometimes the group will end up split, whether by choice or forced by design. In cases like these another topic is opened in the same instance. Generally the posting speeds can vary based on who is involved in which instance and when the two instances link back up. For this reason I encourage the group to stick together as much as possible.
    Close

    Ruhiel and Atsuko continue down the hall. Much of the same design as the entrance hall carries into the rest of the building. The various rooms showcase study material, some more practical examples, and there are even some that encourage the people interested to participate in the demos.
    It doesn't take them terribly long to find the room where the viewing of the gate will take place.
    A quick glance at a nearby wall confirms that there is still a little bit of time and the two can either wait or head somewhere else in the meantime, though, the seats are already beginning to fill up with excited and anticipating guests.
    avatar
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 99
    Join date : 2016-05-13

    Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

    Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:29 am

    "Hmmm..." he thinks. "Since we know where this room is now and we have a little time left I'd say lets check out some of the demos and what not. To see what magic fields they study here." He turns to Atsuko. "Maybe there is someone here who might understand your tattoos too. I could get a better understanding of what they are. Besides I'd rather sit towards the back. Just in case something goes wrong with this door thing. I'd rather be close to the exit, or at least get a few seconds prep time for a barrier of sorts." He begins to walk to one of the rooms and turns around. "Come on Suko. Lets go see something...flashy."


    Last edited by TheWhiteRabbit on Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 274
    Join date : 2014-11-09

    Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

    Post by DelaKayte on Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:58 pm

    Atsuko lookes at Ruhiel completely dumbfounded... "You want be away from door so you be close to door so you make door? You not say sense." She follows along, hoping that he'll explain further, but before he gets into one of his long winded and completely unintelligible explanations, she says to him, "I want see that kinds." She points to some of the interactive displays.


    _________________
    Atsuko Samhradháin Tattooed Warrior
    Chaos - Agility: 10Speed: 8Endurance: 5 | Accuracy: 3
    04 Gold  00 Silver 00 Bronze 
    Inventory
    Cloak- white, waterproof, fur lined Clothing- haltar top, short shorts, knee-high leather boots Backpack- waterproof canvas Gear- Knife, mess kit, string, waterproof bedroll, canvas sheet, Worn out Sonic Boots, Black and gold formal outfit Hunting Javelin x2 | AQL#1498 | Alexander's AQL Code #1131 |Party AQL codes: #1502, #3356
    avatar
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

    Posts : 899
    Join date : 2013-12-14
    Age : 26
    Location : Calgary

    Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

    Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:14 pm

    Ruhiel and Atsuko make their way over to some of the interactive showcases. There are a few tables around, each with a different person talking to various people and letting them try the tools and pre-prepared spells.

    The first is a strange square glass box, attached to a rather thick handle of sorts. It looks pretty mechanically heavy and the glass has fine sigils etched into it. There are two potted plants, one wilted and one healthy. "You see, there are many places where farmers still can't grow crops, due to the abundance of wild essence. A lot of those who tried have often made an attempt to syphon the wild power and tame it, and use it to encourage the growth of their crops. Some succeeded, like the swamp witches and the pagans, but neither were willing to share their methods with their common folk, or us, for that matter. But as you can see... this device here..." He lifts the glass box by its intricate handle. "This allows us to extract energy from one place, and force it into another. For example... you could place it over this healthy plant here and extract the energy from it. Then place it over the dying plant and force the energy into it to revitalize it. Now... this is only an example. This could work on a number of different things, plants and minerals, energy nodes, and hopefully sometime soon wild essence as well. This however is just a prototype to showcase the ideas we will be working on for the future. On a large scale, a device like this could help us grow crops on previously impossible to use soil or save damaged crops from harsh weather. It could be applied in medicine or used to explore and discover new landmarks, islands and continents at sea." He stops to hand out the device, incase anyone wants to give it a try.

    The second is a fairly large box, set on the ground, about the size of the woman next to it. It is also mechanically intense and has various moving parts and sigils and writing all over it's metallic surface. The woman explains; "This machine will soon be a must-have in any household. As things are currently... If you do not possess a natural aptitude for magic you'll have to either buy new prepared spells each week or two, or have someone come in to make them for you. It makes a lot of minor things almost as tedious as using conventional means, if a little less often. But this box here let's you mass produce simple spells with a few simple actions using common ingredients found in your home. First you take a prepared spell and put it in this side compartment." She pulls out a little drawyer out of the side that contains a lense and some crystals and slides a paper under the lense before pushing the compartment back in. "And then you fill these up..." she pours a bunch of water and ash into two tubes in the front. "And then press this button here."
    She presses the button and the machine gives out an agressive hiss before some of the internal machinery begins to move and the sigils start lighting up in order. Not too much later a paper slides out of a slit in the front and lands on a catching tray. This is followed by another. And then another. Within no time there are a bunch of replicas of the same spell.
    One of the men watching steps forward "Uhm, excuse me, but I don't understand how this is supposed to help someone like me who isn't able to cast any magic..."
    The woman returns a smile, clearly having hoped the man would ask such a question, and holds out some of the sheets. "Try it for yourself, and if anyone else would like to try it feel free to do so. Simply read out the words on the paper while holding it and one of these candles here and see for yourself. No skills required."

    Lastly the third seems to be out of order. The table is empty with only a singed surface to suggest what may or may not have been showcased here and there is no one attending it. Clearly whatever was being shown here didn't go according to plan and was removed from the showcase.
    avatar
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 99
    Join date : 2016-05-13

    Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

    Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:36 pm

    "OOOOOOOHHHHHH." he says with whimsy as he walks towards the displays. "These magical inventions are so creative. Interesting." He looks wide eyed at the first display as he peers over heads. "A way to remove the magical essence from one thing and place it in another. I can see how that would help farmers and what not. Also being able to advance medicine." He turns towards Atsuko and sarcastically whispers. "I can already heal a large amount of ailments and wounds. If not almost fatal." He turns back. "Its still interesting and helpful. Now" He skittles over to the next. "A machine that makes prefabricated transportable spells for the magically inept. I wounder if there is a limit to what they can make. I'll have to ask at some point." He walks to the last completely captivated by the magical advancements hes seen so far. "And the last stall." He pauses. "Seems to be out of order. Or something like that." He frowns and turns to Atsuko once again. "Atsuko the magic of this one appears to be disappointment. The darkest magic of all." He shakes his head and begins to step towards the second stall when he notices something. Part of the wood of the table was darker than the rest. Stepping back over he runs his finger along the top of the stall. A slight trail is left as he pulls his finger up. "Soot. Something went wrong here." He looks around quick. "Not seeing any blood. Thats good. Unless they cleaned the area." He wipes off his finger. "I doubt it though. If someone got hurt they would of probably shut down this area." He thinks for a second. "Idiots. They should know better. It doesn't matter how much you test it magic can still be unpredictable." He turns his head slightly towards Atsuko. "Let this be a lesson Suko. Don't be to overconfident with any magic you ever come in contact with. Once you believe you have it master and you let your guard down. Thats when it gets you." Turning back towards the second showing he raises and waves his hand. "Miss." He says politely. "What happened to the showing over here? Judging by the looks it seems something didn't go right. Was anyone hurt?" He steps a bit closer with a concerned face. "I'm not sure if you are aware of the situation but given my ability to heal I'm concerned If there was any wounded in the area after what happened."
    avatar
    DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 274
    Join date : 2014-11-09

    Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

    Post by DelaKayte on Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:17 pm

    Atsuko only half hears what Ruhiel is yammering about, and only understands about a third of what she hears. She never left the first exhibit. After watching for a moment, she takes the curious object when the man offers it to her. After a bit of a confusing question answer session, she finally is able to reliably sap the energy of one plant and give it to the other, then do it in reverse. After a moment of contemplation she turns with a serious eye to the person explaining the device. "This not for farmer. This for Warrior." She points the device at the man. "What happen I push button right now?"


    _________________
    Atsuko Samhradháin Tattooed Warrior
    Chaos - Agility: 10Speed: 8Endurance: 5 | Accuracy: 3
    04 Gold  00 Silver 00 Bronze 
    Inventory
    Cloak- white, waterproof, fur lined Clothing- haltar top, short shorts, knee-high leather boots Backpack- waterproof canvas Gear- Knife, mess kit, string, waterproof bedroll, canvas sheet, Worn out Sonic Boots, Black and gold formal outfit Hunting Javelin x2 | AQL#1498 | Alexander's AQL Code #1131 |Party AQL codes: #1502, #3356
    avatar
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

    Posts : 899
    Join date : 2013-12-14
    Age : 26
    Location : Calgary

    Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

    Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:15 pm

    The man dealing with atsuko raises his hands in-front of him, suddenly looking a little nervous. "A-Ah... You don't really want to mess around with it like that." He carefully reaches forward and presses the glass box down to aim it away from him. "It can well possibly have the same effect on humans, but, we haven't exactly tested it out in that way. D-Do you mind if I take that back, miss?" he asks cautiously.


    Meanwhile the woman ruhiel is talking to glances over at the third showcase. "Ah, that?" she smiles reassuringly, though ruhiel can just barely make out the faint tension in her face. She is trying to be as professional about it as possible but clearly doesn't like the fact that whatever happened happened.
    She begins explaining; "It was a device that was supposed to help cook entire meals in only a few minutes. There was a slight malfunction so we decided to remove it for now. Please understand these are all prototypes so there are some kinks to work out here and there. Nobody got hurt in the process, fortunately."
    avatar
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 99
    Join date : 2016-05-13

    Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

    Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:44 pm

    He looks back at the table then back at the woman. "Slight malfunction? The burn marks on this table don't seem slight to me. I understand that these items are prototypes but were these actually rigorously tested or once it worked you just brought it out?" Seeing that the topic bothers her ever so slightly he attempts to press a little further. "I mean hell one of these could actually be used to hurt someone if you follow the description of your explanation." He points to the first booth suddenly seeing Atsuko pointing that exact contraption at the showman. He pauses for a second as everything clicks. His first instinct is to rush over and prevent whatever is about to happen. Yet he is also interested. "What would happen if she actually pushed that button." His eye slightly narrows and he does his best to control his smirk.
    avatar
    DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 274
    Join date : 2014-11-09

    Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

    Post by DelaKayte on Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:03 am

    Atsuko lowers the contraption, decidedly pointing it at the floor; treating it as the weapon it is. She doesn't give it back to him, yet. She curses in her native tongue then begins to berate. "You not smart man. I give not right now. I say you first." She looks around to make sure no one is poised to try to take it from her, then returns her stern gaze to the person at the booth.

    "You no give bad. You no give you not know. You no give, everyone!" she looks around exasperated clearly including the entire populace of the event. "Next maybe not talk. Next maybe push button right now. Next maybe hurt person. You very not smart man!"

    She waits to see if her admonition has sunk in. Her stance makes it very clear that she will not give the weapon back if the attendant is just going to continue to be stupid.


    _________________
    Atsuko Samhradháin Tattooed Warrior
    Chaos - Agility: 10Speed: 8Endurance: 5 | Accuracy: 3
    04 Gold  00 Silver 00 Bronze 
    Inventory
    Cloak- white, waterproof, fur lined Clothing- haltar top, short shorts, knee-high leather boots Backpack- waterproof canvas Gear- Knife, mess kit, string, waterproof bedroll, canvas sheet, Worn out Sonic Boots, Black and gold formal outfit Hunting Javelin x2 | AQL#1498 | Alexander's AQL Code #1131 |Party AQL codes: #1502, #3356
    avatar
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

    Posts : 899
    Join date : 2013-12-14
    Age : 26
    Location : Calgary

    Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

    Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:05 am

    The attendant opposite to Atsuko stands there bewildered, trying to figure out if she will do anything stupid if he decides to take the item back. He can't seem to properly understand her, past the idea that she is distressed, and tries to explain to her; "Listen, ma'am, there is no cause for acting so out of order. This is not the kind of place for this... and the construct couldn't even harm a person just quite in this stage. It takes prolonged exposure for any ill effects to manifest..."

    The other attendant meanwhile listens to what Ruhiel has to say. While she seems a little uncooperative at first, as he continues to talk his words start to sink in a little and she seems to slowly be won over by his speech. "W-well... I mean. I suppose you are right." she occasionally glances over at the scene Atsuko is causing, with many other onlookers staring at the two in confusion. "Sorry, excuse me if you could?" she heads over to the other station and lays a hand on atsuko's back, with another on the back of her hand, not being forceful but merely trying to diffuse the situation. "Miss? We can't have you yelling here, please." she then looks over to the other guy and nods at him, and he sighs heavily in relief and steps aside. "If I could have your attention, please." he claps a few times hard, glancing back at Atsuko nervously before addressing the rest of the crowd. "The viewing for the interactive display pieces will be closing for now. If I could ask everyone to leave the room please."

    Some of the guests look a little disappointed, whereas others are laughing at the scene. Regardless, everyone starts heading out of the room.

    As the room clears the man turns back to Atsuko and walks over to her, holding out his hand to recieve the device back. "Now if you don't mind..." he says in a more frustrated tone. "This is a civilized institution not some..." he pauses to scan Atsuko from top to bottom before his face twists with petty disgust. "...not some barbaric hangout. Tch. Now before I call security..."
    avatar
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 99
    Join date : 2016-05-13

    Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

    Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:13 pm

    He sighs loudly and irritated as he walks over to the on going issue dragging his feet. He stops in between Atsuko and the man at the booth. He looks up at Atsuko. His stare is cold. He is clearly unhappy with the scene she is making, but she has a point. He immediately spins around to the man at the booth. His face now red. "Barbaric hangout?" His voice is quivering. He is doing everything in his power to not give in to his anger. "You have a weapon that takes the life force of something or someone. I don't care if its prolonged exposure. You can make a bigger one or amplify the power. Something like that could be used on a mass scale or hell even torture someone. If I'm not mistaken something like that would hurt a lot. Yet you call her barbaric." He points to the second booth. "That one literally puts spells in scroll form almost instantly for people who can't use magic. I can guarantee you that she was only doing what most people were thinking. Did you not think that some people would not see it being used in a harmful way? Judging by the way you looked at her I doubt it. You probably think that everyone here is less than you and will just believe everything you say blindly." He turns back to Atsuko sweating from anger. "Suko give this unprofessional prick his war cube back. We're leaving." He takes a step and looks at the other woman and smiles. "Thanks you for being considerate and trying to handle this correctly." He walks towards the portal room.
    avatar
    DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 274
    Join date : 2014-11-09

    Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

    Post by DelaKayte on Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:25 pm

    Atsuko blatantly steps past the man, and puts the device on the counter, intentionally and clearly not handing it to "Mr. Stupid" as she has dubbed him in her head. She would call him that if she knew the word in any tongue but her own. She repeats to him, as she follows Ruhiel. "You very very not smart man. I say smart, you no hear smart. At my home, you no live. You not smart one day, make die."

    As they exit the building she asks Ruhiel, "What is word for very very not smart person?"


    _________________
    Atsuko Samhradháin Tattooed Warrior
    Chaos - Agility: 10Speed: 8Endurance: 5 | Accuracy: 3
    04 Gold  00 Silver 00 Bronze 
    Inventory
    Cloak- white, waterproof, fur lined Clothing- haltar top, short shorts, knee-high leather boots Backpack- waterproof canvas Gear- Knife, mess kit, string, waterproof bedroll, canvas sheet, Worn out Sonic Boots, Black and gold formal outfit Hunting Javelin x2 | AQL#1498 | Alexander's AQL Code #1131 |Party AQL codes: #1502, #3356
    avatar
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

    Posts : 899
    Join date : 2013-12-14
    Age : 26
    Location : Calgary

    Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

    Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:31 pm

    As Ruhiel and Atsuko leave, they can just barely hear the woman start to scold the man as they close the doors behind them. Clearly she's just as emberassed as she should be, and Ruhiel's words really sunk in with her.

    The hallway seems a lot more packed than usual. The viewing for the gate is about to start and all kinds of people and students alike are entering the room to find a good seat.

    Ruhiel and Atsuko join the line and are ushered in as some of the last few people there.

    The room itself seems a lot bigger, or perhaps that is because of the layout of the whole place. There is a small stage at the far end with a curtain obscuring most of it, and numerous benches are placed in rows around the room. There are two entrances that lead in between the rows down stairs to the stage.

    There is a lot of chatter, annoyingly so, and the whole room is rather loud as Ruhiel and Atsuko find places to sit.
    One of the men who closed the doors behind them walks calmly and professionally down the stairs and up a few to the stage, where he takes up a central position and conjures up a small teal orb that floats infront of him. He speaks into the orb which amplifies his voice enough that everyone in the room can hear him well.

    "Excuse me... if I could have your attention please." he says, and claps three times.

    The chatter starts to quiet down as everyone in the room views the stage in anticipation.

    He continues talking; "Well before ships and wagons, we as humans have always relied on long months of travel to get form one place to another. In fact, even now with all our technological advancements and even the unveiling of the first public airships down in global, travelling from one part of the continent to another can still take up several days, or even weekls. Many often go through the tough moves from one city to another to attain a better job in a more suited position, or are forced to deal with the scraps of whatever the locale has currently available. Merchants travel for months at a time across the continent, and only the wealthy can often afford to attend festivals and events in different cities simply because of how time consuming and expensive travelling is for most." he takes a moment to let the words sink in while he clears his throat and adjusts his clothing.

    "We here at the Moreau Academy in Leirotuet are proud to have solved the pains of travelling across the country once and for all. Please let me introduce to you Professor Parfrait Lemaire, a professor here at the academy that has devoted the last 5 years of her life to this technology."

    The crowd claps a little in moderate excitement, still unsure of the idea as a woman steps forth from behind the curtain and stands infront of the orb.
    She is wearing a rather elegant and expensive purple and gold dress that showcases her success and money to the whole gathering. Not the kind of attire normally worn by a professional, but some people can't help but show off.

    "Greetings ladies and gentelmen. I am Professor Lemaire and I work in Arcanic Matter Manipulation and Demonology here at the Academy.

    Ever since the early days and even ancient human civilizaitons have we dreamed about the ability to traverse great distances of land immediately and without consequences, wether that be through flight, teleportation or otherwise. My family and I have dedicated ourselves to the study and design of a device that lets us do exactly this.
    It is called the Vinculum Link-Gate, and if you have ever heard of the Aura Quartz Links, we have developed those as well with the same technology.
    The details aside, we have developed a system of energy, using special synthetic crystals, that allows us to store large amounts of energies across long distances and use said energy to transmit concepts, data and even matter from one place to another."

    The professor waves her hand across the air and the curtains behind her begin to pull appart to each side revealing two metallic frames, a little taller and a little wider than your average human.

    The crowd seems a little more enticed, with some muttering between themselves.

    The professor claps to get everyones attention;
    "This is the Vinculum Link-Gate. It is a heavily supplied super-variant to the AQL, which lets us transport matter from one place to another. Please."
    She gestures to two attendants in the back of the stage who move forward and begin flipping switches on the large boxes adjacent to each door. They begin whirring to live, making strange and unnatural sounds as the systems are booted up and three sigils pop up on each side of the door frames. There is a brief crackling of lightning and suddenly everything falls deaf as if all the sound was taken out of the room before returning to normal. The insides of the doorframes are now glowing bright white, almost blindingly so, and the sigils are pulsating in tandem with one another and the sound of the machines.
    The crowd looks upon the two doors in awe, awaiting the professors next move.
    "Now... For the sake of jumping right into it, a demonstration, please." she says and one of the attendants steps up next to her, looking very nervous.
    The professor gestures to the door on the left. "Now, I will send this man through the gate here on the left, and within no time at all he will appear on the right, perfectly fine and healthy."
    She nodds, and the man gets infront of the door. He hesitates a moment and takes a cautious step towards the gate before looking back at the professor who makes an annoyed face at him. The man sighs and steps closer to the gate, finally finding his resolve and walking into it.
    The crowd gasps in surprise as the man disappears while walking through the gate. Although expected, it is equally fascinating to see it happen live and in action, rather than the man simply stumbling out the other end of the lit frame.
    Although, there don't seem to be any signs of the attendant at all now.
    A few moments go by, and the professor looks confidently to the gate on the right.

    Sure enough the gate begins to glow and the man stumbles through the gate hastily, seeming somewhat shocked but otherwise looking perfectly fine. "What in the hells was that?" he asks the professor and she simply frowns in confusion and waves him off dismissingly. The guests viewing begin to cheer and clap in amazement, some even getting up in pure shock.
    avatar
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 99
    Join date : 2016-05-13

    Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

    Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:58 am

    Peering over heads and hands he looks on in amusement at the mans voice amplifying magic thing. "Thats a curious ability." He says. His voice muffled from the talking of the crowd. The explanation begins. The basics. The talk of travel. Traveling quickly. He is eagerly awaiting the reveal curtain moving to show him this product of the academy. The introduction of the creator begins. As she steps out he scoffs. "Ritzy. Purple and gold. Someone has money." He rolls his eye. After she speaks she makes what is obviously the signal and the curtains pull apart. The is was. No not it. They. "Two?" He says confused, but his interest has greatly increased. Yet he stops and thinks. Why two? There should only be one. From A to B. They don't need a second fo-. There isn't another place is there."

    He tucks his right hand under his cloak and begins to charge a spell. White-gold lightning quietly hissing off his fingers to the center of his palm. Creating a small hollow orb that looks almost liquid. As he charges it begins to coat over getting thicker. She speaks more then signals again. He sees two people move and begin to pull leavers. Needless to say he is anything less than fascinated when the energy starts cracking and the doors begin to turn on. Something happens. Silence. Its not the crowd quiet in amazement, but actual dampening magic. "Thats not right." He charges more. "How much energy are they using for it to do that." Only half of that was actually audible. The doors flash on. He is having trouble focusing on his magic because of everything thats going on. "Now for the sake of jumping right into it." She says. He doesn't like those words one bit. The attendant comes on stage. Ruhiel is worried. For the first time in a while. Every sound to him is muffled. He is hyper focusing on the attendant. More importantly his face. The unsure look. He looks at the Professor. The exact face he knew she would make. Annoyed. She is sure it will work. He isn't. The attendant walks through. Ruhiel stands up looking at the door on the right. He counts. "One...two...three...four...five." The attendant comes out. His face was different. Scarred. Ruhiel narrows his eye. Over the crowd he couldn't hear him but he could slightly make out what the attendant was saying. What...hell...that. "What the hell was that." Ruhiel repeats gaze unmoving. He focuses much harder now on his spell. "Suko..." He slightly turns towards her. "That man was gone for about five seconds. He should of immediately come out on the right. He is scarred. He saw something. It warped him somewhere. He wasn't suppose to have a second destination. Suko." He fulls turns to her. Uneasiness clearly visible on his face. "The door is still open." He looks back at the doors. "We should leave. Immediately."


    Last edited by TheWhiteRabbit on Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 274
    Join date : 2014-11-09

    Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

    Post by DelaKayte on Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:19 am

    Suko nods at Ruhiel, clearly understanding that danger is imminent, however she looks toward the crowd of onlookers, and the un-aware people near the stage. "I not know many words say. I know one word say. She say 'Demon'. That..." she points, "Demon Door." Ruhiel has seen this look on Atsuko's face once before. When she was staring down 3 men in nothing but her skivvies. She won't be leaving any time soon.


    _________________
    Atsuko Samhradháin Tattooed Warrior
    Chaos - Agility: 10Speed: 8Endurance: 5 | Accuracy: 3
    04 Gold  00 Silver 00 Bronze 
    Inventory
    Cloak- white, waterproof, fur lined Clothing- haltar top, short shorts, knee-high leather boots Backpack- waterproof canvas Gear- Knife, mess kit, string, waterproof bedroll, canvas sheet, Worn out Sonic Boots, Black and gold formal outfit Hunting Javelin x2 | AQL#1498 | Alexander's AQL Code #1131 |Party AQL codes: #1502, #3356
    avatar
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

    Posts : 899
    Join date : 2013-12-14
    Age : 26
    Location : Calgary

    Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

    Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:29 am

    The guests and viewers are all standing, clapping in awe of the wondrous machine. Nobody aside from Ruhiel and Atsuko seem to have noticed anything amiss. No- there is one man who is still sitting with a stone cold face. He seems to be in his late forties, short grey hair, lean and sharp face, wearing a snazzy suit and expensive glasses. He adjusts said glasses and gets up, therewhile still staring down at the attendant who is still in shock and is being dismissed off the stage. The business-looking man then turns and walks towards the exit ready to leave while the rest of the crowd still cheer and applaud.

    The professor claps anew, then raises her hand in an attempt to get people to quiet down, and the previous two attendants walk over to the machine and hit the three sigils in order, respectively.
    It's only now that the machines have stopped that everyone seems to have noticed the constant noise they were giving off. The room is almost eerily quiet to the adjusting ears and there is a tangy, almost rust like taste in the air.

    "So as you can see..." the professor continues to talk about the machine a little more, mostly just repeating a lot of what was said before without going too much into detail as to how the machine actually works.

    Sponsored content

    Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:15 pm