Welcome to the Neogaea Roleplay Community

A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

Post by Dr.Atrium on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:20 pm

Reymondo could help but chuckle at the enthusiasm that he man was shaking his hand with. He then turns to see Ruhiel talking to Enkidu. The chicken jumps back, and puffs up its feathers thinking it is about to be attacked.

"At ease Enkidu, he is just very impressed with your skills." Rey tells his rooster. Upon hearing that, Enkidu relaxes a bit and goes back to grazing, looking up at Ruh every now and again. Rey bends down to pet the birds back as it eats.

"This is my partner Enkidu. He is an Ayam Cemani, a bit of a rare bird. As you can see, everything on him is black. If you were to open his mouth, it would be black as well, even his organs. The reason for this is because he is one of the rare animal that can control an element. As you have seen, Ayam Cemanis can control and breath fire. When I found the poor dude, some moron has painted him green. The paint added a thick layer so he was unable to use his fire. I washed him up and we have been friends since." Rey nods at Enkidu and stands back up. "If you really want to see what he and I can do, sign up for the tournament. I would love to see what you guys can do!"

Inventory
    Lantern, Scythe, Protraction Apache Revolver, Branded summoning pentagram, Colette's AQL Code (#1209), Kaavi's AQL Code(#1811), A plain alloy box with one quartz crystal that Kaavi was testing, Rey's own AQL (#3356), Spirit Lens

"Revenge is an act of passion; Vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; Crimes are avenged."
    "I do not live in hope. I work to return it."
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:30 pm

He tilts his head down ever so slowly. His smile fades and his eye grows cold. He covers his hand slowly with his cloak and grips his shield firmly with the other. He hears Atsuko. The collision. Her question. Not sure how the person she is talking to will react to what she has done. He blocks out whats being said from the other two and listens. White yellow lightning gently hissing between his fingers of his right hand. He is ready.
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:54 am

The guy Atsuko bumps into is caught off guard and stumbles back from the collision, falling on his rear with a satisfying thud. He gets up, rubbing his behind and dusting off his clothes. "Now now, save it for the Arena, Lady." he comments jokingly.
    When Atsuko then points out the Dethrial the young man just laughs. "Don't worry, clearly he's busy anyway. It's no big deal." he smiles and gives her a thumbs up saying "It's no big deal!" before he moves past her and steps in front of the attendant.

The attendant in the booth looks a little confused but decides to pull out the papers anyway.
    SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:24 pm

Dethrial then turns from Ray and the man in white, to the two voices arguing behind him. And the sight amused him enough to almost laugh. A small man in white clothes and a odd hat had cut in front of him in line and was arguing with a rather tall and beautiful woman covered in intricate tattoos about how it was not his place to cut in line. Then, Dethiral felt a touch of malice coming from the man in white and knew that he was readying him self for some kind of fight.

"Well, I can't let this go on...and I really don't want to have to get involved in any fights before the arena." He thought to himself and he slowly put his hand on the small mans shoulder and spoke calmly and removed the rest of his face plate.

He then looks the man in the eye as he turns around and says "Excuse me, I know that many of us are excited to fight but I have waited a long time in this line and it would only be fair if you let me go before you." He pauses for a moment and speaks again. "Unless, maybe you are in a terrible hurry? If that is correct then please go ahead."

Before the man could respond he does a quick head nod to the woman and smiles warmly "I really appreciate you looking out for me, but I feel as if you companion is very worried about you picking fights with strange men." With that he nods at the man in white and hopes that his assumption was right.

Dethrial then hold out his other hand like Raymundo did for him to the small man and then the woman.
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:25 pm

Reymondo sees what is going on and lets out a sigh. Seeing Ruhiel tensing up, he puts his hand on the mans shoulder for a moment.

"Relax, a town full of mages and sorcerers is the last place you want to start a street fight." He calmly tells the man before walking over to Atsuko. "Hey there, looks like you did good here. Dethrial has his spot in line again, lets get going. Have you seen the town yet? If not, I would like to invite you and your friend to explore with me."

Inventory
    Lantern, Scythe, Protraction Apache Revolver, Branded summoning pentagram, Colette's AQL Code (#1209), Kaavi's AQL Code(#1811), A plain alloy box with one quartz crystal that Kaavi was testing, Rey's own AQL (#3356), Spirit Lens

"Revenge is an act of passion; Vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; Crimes are avenged."
    DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

Post by DelaKayte on Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:53 am

Atsuko sighs. She had meant for it to look like an accident, but it seems she was a bit too zealous in her action. As she gets swarmed by the new faces, she gets a bit overwhelmed. She has enough grace to shake Dethrial's hand, as she mutters audibly. "I say I sorry right now."

As for the offer by Reymondo, she turns to Ruhiel. "I not know city. You not know city. Man-thing know city. Me, you, see city with Man-thing?

Inventory
    Cloak- white, waterproof, fur lined Clothing- haltar top, short shorts, knee-high leather boots Backpack- waterproof canvas Gear- Knife, mess kit, string, waterproof bedroll, canvas sheet, Worn out Sonic Boots, Black and gold formal outfit Hunting Javelin x2 | AQL#1498 | Alexander's AQL Code #1131 |Party AQL codes: #1502, #3356
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:01 pm

Brushing off the shoulder that Rey touched he turns and says to him. "I'm a healer. I don't fight." He flexes his right hand causing the hissing to dissipate before he looks at Atsuko. "Sure." He says. He looks to Rey with a sick smirk. "If man-thing is offering and you want to see the city then I guess we can walk a bit. With man-thing." Those words are like candy to him.

He steps away from the line looking around with curiosity. He quickly turns back to Rey. "OKAY MAN-THING LEAD THE WAY!!!"
    SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:41 pm

Dethrial watches as the short man shrugs and moves to the back of the line and firmly shakes the tattooed woman's hand noticing that she seems a bit embarrassed. "Hmmm, she must like me and from some where far away by the way she speaks" Dethrial thinks to himself. Then a voice pulls him back to reality, it was the woman at the table and she was calling for him to come up. Dethrial, smiles sheepishly as he approaches the table and asks the woman to explain the rules to him making sure there is no killing in the tournament. With a huff she goes over the rules in a annoyed tone and then asks which kind of fight he's going to be in. Unsure of why the woman seemed irritated Dethrial says softly "I'll enter the armed fighting arena."

Behind him the man named Ray, the tattooed woman, and the man in white were talking about seeing the city. Not wanting to be left alone Dethrial walks over to Ray and asks if he can join them on their tour.
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:48 am

The four of them decide to take a tour around the city. The city is split into two parts, a lower district and a higher district, a very common design found in cities that have seen rapid growth spurts. Generally the more high-class and noble folk don't enjoy spending their time with the rest of them so they mostly keep to the higher district. On the way from the Arena, which is located in the Lower District, the group comes across various smaller crowds, street merchants, the occasional inn, and other busy-folk. There are a few shops and even the occasional restaurant or two lined down the main street leading to the Higher District. 

Eventually the group arrives at the gate of the Higher District, which ironically despite it's name is not elevated from the rest of the city, and head inside. Normally any district such as this is closed off to the public with only select few people granted access. However due to the fact that the Academy is in the very center of this part the guards allow most anyone to pass in and out freely. 

There are a few guards posted here and there, and once again a few shops posted around the place, but this is where the similarities end. While the Lower District is comprised mostly of apartments and a handful of smaller houses, the Higher District is filled with Mansions and Estates. The difference in class is very noticeable.

Down the main road, straight ahead from the gate, the academy is visible in all it's pristine elegance. There are a lot of people near that area and many stands and shows are set up outside. However it's difficult to see anything from this far away so the group continues on further to the Academy. 

They finally arrive at the rather elaborate campus with beautifully decorated tiled walkways and bushes and trees lined around large patches of grass and flowers. It's rather fancy and clearly expensive. This acts as somewhat of a reminder for Reymondo in particular who grew up in a family that once fancied very similar expenditures. There are many people walking about and gathered in groups around the different small attractions. For the most part they all seem like more advanced variations of previously known spells and enchantments, with a few oddities every now and again. One such eye-catching showcase is clearly advertised everywhere, on lamp posts and standing signs and even handed out as flyers by people. Each member is offered a flyer in passing.

It reads: The 'Lemaire Vinculum Link-Gate'. Travel instantaneously from one part of the continent to any other in the world! Come to the viewing this afternoon and witness the beginning of a newer, better, way of travelling. Moreau Academy - Hall B, First floor Room no. 082.
    The flyer shows a basic stylized image of a magician opening a glowing door.

Info
    New Rotation: Me -> Raymondo > Atsuko > Ruhiel > Dethrial.
    Close
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:21 pm

Reymondo couldn't help but smile brightly, it stretching ear to ear. "what outrageous luck! Here I am looking to get into the academy and on my first day here, I am given a free ticket in!" he thinks to himself. Rey cane help but let out a small laugh unable to contain his happiness. He then turns to the man handing out the flyers.

"Good sir, when is this wonderful display happening? There is no date or time? Do I need to buy a ticket to enter the academy and witness this amazing feet?"

Inventory

DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

Post by DelaKayte on Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:28 pm

Atsuko listens to the hawker and Reymondo's response as she gazes around wide eyed. "What is "Academy"?"

Inventory
    Cloak- white, waterproof, fur lined Clothing- haltar top, short shorts, knee-high leather boots Backpack- waterproof canvas Gear- Knife, mess kit, string, waterproof bedroll, canvas sheet, Worn out Sonic Boots, Black and gold formal outfit Hunting Javelin x2 | AQL#1498 | Alexander's AQL Code #1131 |Party AQL codes: #1502, #3356
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:41 pm

Looking at the flyer he raises an eyebrow. "Oh there is no way this is going to work. I know of teleporting magics but nothing of that scale." While reading the flyer he raises his hand up and says. "Two gold says someone dies or there is a massive explosion that will result in a magical singularity that will swallow the entire city. Prep for that stuff people."

Hearing Atsuko's question he looks up and answers. "Suko academy is a society or institution of distinguished scholars, artists, or scientists, that aims to promote and maintain standards in its particular field, or." He says this next part with a heavy lisp. "A scchhool for scchhmart people." Looking back down to the flyer. "My guess THIS particular one focuses on magics and enhancements by what I've seen via the passing shops, and this portal thing."
    SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:25 pm

Dethrial is in the back of the group and is nervously twiddling his fingers as people are giving strange looks and are whispering to each other as he passes them. After the fight in the arena Dethrial took off his helm and gauntlets and placed them in his bag along with shouldering his shield.

Not wanting to be alone he tapped Atsuko on the shoulder and asked her. "Umm...Miss.Samhradháin is it? I just wanted to ask about your wonderful tattoos...they are just so intricately made and are very clean. I was wondering who was your artist?" He then looked a bit nervous and then he rolled up his left sleeve to reveal his tattoos. "While, mine may be different from yours I believe all art has a story to tell. This may seem a bit strange but it's something I've been working on."With that he places his right pointer finger on the tattoo and it begins to move and change as to tell the story of the dragon on his arm, it swirled and moved like it was alive.

Last edited by Mr. Halcourt on Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:21 am

The man Rey is speaking to ponders for a moment before replying. "You know, that is very strange. You think they would have thought that out a little more." he flashes a brief smile. "Well, I do believe they have multiple shows for the same things. This attraction seems rather popular and I think another viewing starts in just little under half an hour."
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Yet again Reymondo smiles brightly. He bows at the man while thanking him. He then turns to his small group. He hears what Ruhiel says and can't help but laugh.

"More than likely, however I would still love me to go. This is a rare opportunity to enter the academy. The man said we have half an hour before the next show..." Rey leans in close and lowers his voice a bit. "...I was thinking we could 'get lost' while looking for this demonstration." He stands upright once more. "What say you? Sound good?" He asks though not really caring what they say, he has made up his mind.

Inventory

DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

Post by DelaKayte on Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:08 am

Atsuko looks at Ruhiel with the blank stare of frustration that he is so familiar with. "You say many words. I not know many words. I not know you say."

After a few moments she looks around and mumbles what seems like a curse word in her native language.

Inventory
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:54 pm

He buries his face in the flyer and lets out a muffled yell. He takes a minute. Gathers his composure, and looks up at Atsuko and sighs. "This academy is a place to train your body and mind for magic and other various things." Turning to Rey with a glazed look in his eye he asks. "You gonna lead us down a dark alley and rob us? Because I hate to break it to you but I'm broke."

Hearing Dethrial behind him he turns his head to see what he is talking about. Looking at his forearm he is pointing at he raises his eyebrow in interest at the moving tattoo. "Thats some curious ink you have there. Tell me." He turns to completely face him crossing his arms behind his back. "How exactly does it move? Is it magic? You say you've been working on it? Do you weave something into it to make it come to life?" He tilts his head to the side waiting for answers.
    SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:59 pm

Dethrial feels the man known as Ruhiel eyes piercing him as he thinks about how exactly how the tattoo was made. Though it was not the person he wanted to notice them he was glad someone asked him instead of acting like he was some kind of strange anomaly. It took him a moment to full remember how painful the process was and a bit of grim humor pulled at his lips.

"Well, to answer your question. Yes it is magic, and it moves because I was willing to make the first exchange with Keria for it, she is the expert in my city for these tattoos. The process is quite extensive and expensive, first was we had to prepare the ink which uses quite a bit of rare metals and other special elements. Secondly, I had to undergo the imprinting on my arm which caused considerable pain for a few weeks, as the skin was flayed and the ink was pored inside and the wound was sealed. Then I had to create an special etching on a set of thin iron plates of some of my work so the tattoo would know what kind of art to simulate. Next, the artist etchings are heated up to be red hot and pressed against the area of the skin containing the ink. Lastly, I had a extra step done for me, I had Keria use a spell which is an extremely heavy drain on the caster so I helped her out and let her drain some of my energy to help her out. The spell is used on the skins surface while it was still fresh from the etchings, the spell bounds the artist to the tattoo so they may change it at will, as long as the story or image is important to them." Dethrial pauses for a moment and takes a breath.

"I was very blessed to get these as they remind me of home and my family which I may not see for a good long time and were a parting gift from my parents."

Last edited by Mr. Halcourt on Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:14 pm

Pass
    Info
    Just a quick reminder, if you're planning on moving in between rotations you should let me know where you're heading. I'm always going to leave it up to you guys to choose where you want to go. :)
    Close
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:51 am

Reymondo stares at the small group as, expecting them to at the very least move and not just stand there talking. He shakes his head at Ruhiel.

"I do not want your money. I entered the tournament to make money."

He then shrugs, looks at the academy then at the group.

"You all know where I am heading. Feel free to fallow, if not, I hope to see you again." And with that Rey turns on his heels and starts walking.

Inventory

DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

Post by DelaKayte on Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:07 am

Atsuko follows the horned one. Right now there's little else to do, and maybe this magic door will prove interesting. Besides, she knows Ruhiel will want to see it. With anything regarding magic, he is like a child seeing the snow for the first time.

Inventory
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:37 am

"Thats very interesting. A tattoo thats connected to the life force of the creator, and you for that matter." He turns back towards the other to and says. "Hey guys you seeing-" He cuts out as he see them walking away. He rolls his eye and sighs. "Or we can walk away. That works too."

Turning back to Dethrial he says. "Come on D. Lets get going before we get left behind. We can talk later about interesting character traits." He turns back and begins to walk dragging his feet with his head slumped.
    SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:40 am

Dethrial smiles at the strange nickname of just "D" pulls down his sleeves and follows Ruhiel who appears rather glum.

Dethrial holds a steady stride next to Ruhiel and asks "So, I heard Rey talking to you before but are you a priest of this land? And if so what is it exactly that you people worship? And why did you tease me about my helmet?" He pauses for a moment and his face grew dark as he quietly says "One more thing, why did you say you don't fight you obviously have a talent and your eyes turned cold when that conflict came up in the line...like mine do, like all kill-I mean warriors do." Dethrial then shakes off the gloom and speaks in his normal cheery tune "Then, I would like your opinion of what to eat here in Gaea, or more importunately this city?"

Halfway through his stride his shoulders stiffen and he let's out a sigh "I'm sorry, if I said something that was unforgivable...This is just all new to me and almost everything people say here has more meaning that it lets on." He then stops for a moment and holds out his hand "I never gave you my full name. I am Dethrial Valhaudrin and a Son of Orneil."
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:47 am

The group continues their conversations as they slowly make their way across the campus towards the the second building. A good few minutes of walking later they find themselves at the entrance to Hall B. A finely dressed man is standing next to the doors, held open by magic, and bows briefly as they approach without saying anything.

Seeing inside the building; it is just as elaborate inside as it is outside. No expenses spared on beautiful tapestries, wall and ceiling decorations in the expansive wide halls.
    There are a good number of people standing about chatting and moving back and forth between rooms. Some of them in academy uniforms and robes, and some in casual wear.

Raymondo is the first to enter, thereafter waiting for everyone to come in behind him. Next to him a woman is fumbling for something on her waist and suddenly exclaims. "Huh. I could have sworn I put it here..." The man adjacent from her gives her a friendly shrug and suggests. "Your purse? Maybe you left it in your new room?" the two of them shrug it off.

Info
    Gossip & Chatter
    Sometimes taking note of surrounding characters
    behavior as well as overhearing discussions or
    directly asking questions can be a good way to
    gather information, learn new things, and possibly
    unlock side quests and special rewards.
    Close
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:30 pm

As Reymondo walks through the rather stunning academy, he is doing everything in is power to stay calm and collected. This is where all of his info and travels as been pointing to, and he is finally here. Adrenaline is shooting through him as his heart beats so hard and fast that he hear it pounding in his ears. But he keeps his composure, taking in a lot of air and slowly letting it out. As they walk into the hall, he over hears some random lady talking about her purse. He raises an eyebrow at that. "I know this place is corrupted, but would they stoop so low as in to using their magic for petty theft?" He thinks to himself. He walks to the lady.

"Pardon me, I couldn't help but over hear your dilemma. Should you know if you had brought something as important as your purse?"

Inventory

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:28 pm