Welcome to the Neogaea Roleplay Community

A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:35 pm

Society on the continent has flourished greatly in the last three years, under the guidance of the Dukes, Guilds and various prestigious families, despite the King's continued absence. It is the 15th in the season of the Skilled and a particularly relentless sun beats down on the  city of Leirotuet, one of the prime examples of said prosperity. The City itself isn't particularly huge in comparison to some of the other capitals. Despite that, the Moreau family, one such prestegious family consisting of incredibly talented mages, had a tower built that served as an institute for the research and development of magical spells.

Mages from all across the continent gathered in hopes of being allowed to stay and work at the Moreau Magi Tower. However; only the most talented were chosen. Due to the great success and incredible results, the family thought it necesary to spread their teachings and build an academy for magicians to study and learn. 

Construction of the academy finally ended in recent seasons. To celebrate the opening of the Moreau Magi Academy, people from all across the continent have been invited to witness the opening, view a showcase of the various skills and spells taught at the classes, and enjoy the small festival that includes a tournament in the local arena. Today is the first day of the event.

Though festivities start early mornings, the majority of people only arrived in the afternoon and later. All kinds of people have flocked from all over the world to witness the opening with hopeful gazes and wishes for the future. Common-Folk, Nobles, Mercenaries, Mages, and even the occasional Rogue or Doll can be seen walking around and enjoying themselves.

A cart drives down the street a few blocks from the Academy, briefly obscuring the two travellers from their initial destination; The One-Eyed Siren, a local Inn just close enough to the Academy to walk but far enough to be unattractive to most people visiting. The stories and posters throughout the city have caught the travellers' interest, and with nothing better to do Atsuko and Ruhiel decided to swing by to see what there was to see, and more importantly...

Ruhiel examines the outside of the building before taking a peek through the window. Full, but not uncomfortably so. This would do for today. However, knowing that neither he, nor Suko had any money, he shows her a folded poster for the Arena. Many people would be watching tonight so it would be an excellent opportunity to make some coin. Alternatively he could probably talk his way into a free evening, but this city specifically has a reputation for greedy innkeepers and even greedier streetrats.

Info
    Ruhiel & Atsuko have joined.

Every character will be starting off with 
    no money and very little resources since
     all characters have traveled here in one 
    way or another they'll be needing a place 
    to stay and some pocket change. However 
    you obtain that is up to you individually 
    though for most people the Arena will be 
    the safest bet. 

Players will join the game as their characters are introduced.
    Current rotation: Yuki -> Atsuko -> Ruhiel.

Close

Last edited by ★Yuki~♪ on Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

Re: A1.0 - Académie de Moreau (Group 1)

Post by DelaKayte on Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:01 pm

From underneath the solar protection of her light colored cloak, Atsuko peers at the poster. After a few words exchanged with Ruhiel, she nods, and heads off towards the registration for the tournament, beckoning Ruhiel to follow.

She speaks with him as they walk. "I Warrior for show. Good prak-tiss." She says the word carefully having only learned it recently. "People watch show. See me good Warrior. Give me coins." With a glance to Ruhiel she asks, "You Shaman for show? People watch. See you good Shaman?" 

Despite his insistence that he is not a "Shaman" Ruhiel has learned that Atsuko labels anyone who practices or studies magic as one. At this point it's easier to just allow her to say it because more complicated discernment of the difference between magi, and priests, and various other practitioners, is difficult enough that Atsuko refuses to even try. When last they spoke of it her final statement was "I not know many words. I know Shaman... Priest. Magi. Sorcerer. All like Shaman. You say me many words same thing. I want learn new thing. Why learn many words same thing?"

Last edited by DelaKayte on Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Inventory
    Cloak- white, waterproof, fur lined Clothing- haltar top, short shorts, knee-high leather boots Backpack- waterproof canvas Gear- Knife, mess kit, string, waterproof bedroll, canvas sheet, Worn out Sonic Boots, Black and gold formal outfit Hunting Javelin x2 | AQL#1498 | Alexander's AQL Code #1131 |Party AQL codes: #1502, #3356
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:31 am

Walking along side her he speaks. "Suko not ever mage is-. You know what? If it works for you then okay. We will go with that." He laughs just playing with her. He knows that it doesn't really matter what he says. If thats what she wants he just goes with it. "Also my magic only heals. I mean. Well I CAN do more but I'd rather not have to. Not sure if something like that would backfire. Or explode on me."

Dragging his feet he leans his head back and groans out loud. "UUUGGGHHH!!!! Its so damn hot outside!!! Heavy cloth and chain mail was a bad choice." He turns his head towards her. "Still though you can fight. I know you have some interesting abilities that may catch some eyes. Hell might even through some opponents off. Give you some advantage, and gold." He playfully cackles. "All the monies." holding his hands up in the air he continues. "Rather sleep in a high priced cheap inn then these streets. I wounder how we will get into this place without money though." he thinks to himself then smirks. "I'll wing it."
    DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

Post by DelaKayte on Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:22 pm

Atsuko nods as Ruhiels speaks, following his speech carefully, while attempting to figure out where to register for the tournament. "You Shaman for show. Heal for Warriors. They give you coins?"

After a few minutes of wandering it occurs to her that she really has no idea where she's going. She stops beside the main thoroughfare and looks down at Ruhiel. "Where show? Paper say?"

Last edited by DelaKayte on Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

Inventory
    Cloak- white, waterproof, fur lined Clothing- haltar top, short shorts, knee-high leather boots Backpack- waterproof canvas Gear- Knife, mess kit, string, waterproof bedroll, canvas sheet, Worn out Sonic Boots, Black and gold formal outfit Hunting Javelin x2 | AQL#1498 | Alexander's AQL Code #1131 |Party AQL codes: #1502, #3356
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:33 am

"Its not show, and sometimes I get paid. I don't really like to accept payment. Not that I feel like I don't deserve it. Most times on look and abilities alone I don't have to pay for many things." He looks around. From standing on his toes to see over people to looking around them. "It comes with everything I-." He trails off in thought.

"WHERE THE HELL DO WE GO TO SIGN YOU UP?!?!?!?!" His looking slows and then stops. "You'd think that something that this place seems dedicated to would be easier to find." He looks at the poster again. "Blah blah arena. Blah blah blah fighting blah. Sign up. Sign up. It doesn't say... oh it says follow the signs. Heh. Thats blunt." He shamefully raises his head looking for signs.
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:58 am

The two follow the directions and signs a few blocks down from the Inn. As they're approaching the sound of the crowd becomes increasingly louder. Not quite deafening but busy. The arena is decently large but by no means the biggest seen on the continent and despite it's fairly plain design it is still awe-inspiring.

They manage to find the main entrance, a large set of arches that lead in to the entrance hall, where a small crowd has gathered at a ticket booth. As Atsuko and Ruhiel approach they quickly realize that this is where the fighters come to sign up. A woman in an official looking uniform is sitting in the booth filling out papers and handing people their passes.

Most of the fighters don't look too impressive, but then with all the people who have come for the event it comes as very little surprise. Probably three most notable figures are; a rather unbelievably large man, easily the height of the entire booth, stacked with layers of muscle wearing a basic leather harness over a dark shirt and some dirty fighting slacks. A tan foreign woman wearing a qipao dress with three large braids hanging down a partially shaven head. And lastly a rather curious man wearing a rather fancy jacket with horns adorning his head, carrying around a sizable scythe. The rest look like common brawler types who spend more time flaunting their skills and body than training.

The woman rings the next person through; The man with the scythe.
    She gives him a halfhearted smile. "Name or Nickname, City and tierlist?" She briefly gestures to a poster on the wall showing the three tiers: Un-armed Combat, Armed Combat and Magic Combat.

Info
    Raymondo has entered.

New Rotation: Me -> Reymondo -> Atsuko -> Ruhiel
    Close
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:15 pm

Its has taken a long time and had to handle even more hardships, but he has made it. Smiling bright, Reymondo walks into the busy city of Leirotuet. As he walks through the crowded streets, he sees a poster that is advertising a tournament and smiles seeing the cash prize. It took all of Rey's money to get here and now he needs to start getting to work. He fallows the signs through out the city until he arrives to where one needs to go in order to participate.  As he waits in line, he pulls out the last of his food, half a loaf of stale bread. He brakes it in half and stuff his into his mouth, while he breaks up the other half and tosses hit on the ground for his pet and friend Enkidu the black fire-breathing rooster. He lets out a laugh as the people in the area panic watching the bird spit a small flame on the bread crumbs, warming them up. When he hears the lady call him forward, he steps out of the line and up to the lady.

"My name? Why the name is...Reymondo~"! He proclaims while rolling his 'r' for a bit before. "I am from the proud Vlček family!" He smiles so bright that when the sunlight hits his teeth at just the right angle, the sunlight shines off of his teeth making a shine. "Now, May I sign up for both armed and magical combat?" He asks.

Inventory
    Lantern, Scythe, Protraction Apache Revolver, Branded summoning pentagram, Colette's AQL Code (#1209), Kaavi's AQL Code(#1811), A plain alloy box with one quartz crystal that Kaavi was testing, Rey's own AQL (#3356), Spirit Lens

"Revenge is an act of passion; Vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; Crimes are avenged."
    "I do not live in hope. I work to return it."
    DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

Post by DelaKayte on Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:43 am

Atsuko joins the line, watching the process. Eventually she looks confused at Ruhiel. "People say unarmed. People have arms. Not people here not have arms." She looks down at her own tattoo covered arms. "What means unarmed?"

Inventory
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:09 pm

He follows and stands next to Atsuko. Listening in on the conversations at the front of the line He hears the name Reymondo. The interesting name catches his attention then he looks to see him. His last name is said. "Theres no way... I thought they were all dead." Confused and very interested he says. "Why is he in a place like this? Doesn't he know..."

He turns to Atsuko. "Suko unarmed doesn't mean you don't have arms. Its a term used when someone doesn't have a weapon. If you have one you are considered armed." He smiles at her. "Though you looked unarmed to everyone I know you aren't. Lets keep that profile for as long as we can. Keep the element of surprise for you."
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:50 am

The woman in the booth cringes briefly, and flips through some papers. "No, there aren't enough open entries for registering for multiple types." She leans past him and looks at his Scythe before suggesting; "Armed, then?"

She briefly glances at the rest of the line. 5 people left, with Atsuko and Ruhiel being second to last.
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:17 am

Reymondo can't help but be a bit disappointed at hearing that he can't enter two companions. When he hears that the lady wants to put him in armed because he is holding a weapon, he can't help but chuckle.

"Didn't your parents ever teach you not to judge a book by it's cover? I may carry around a weapon, but I am more skilled with arcana. Please put me into the magical combat please."

He bows as if to tell her thank you and turns to walk off, however he only takes a few steps before stopping dead. He stops next to a man draped in clothes usually reserved for members of the church. He feels his blood turn cold as he looks into the face of a man only known in few circles. When he sees the man turn his focus from the lady he was talking with to him, Rey smiles at him.

"Well, this is an honor. It isn't everyday that a person has the chance to meet the famous Choirman himself. Would of never guessed you would be the tournament type, but you know what they say about judging books by covers." Reymondo holds his hand out, trying to show that he isn't afraid of him. "The name's Reymondo. What is your name?"

Inventory
    Lantern, Scythe, Protraction Apache Revolver, Branded summoning pentagram, Colette's AQL Code (#1209), Kaavi's AQL Code(#1811), A plain alloy box with one quartz crystal that Kaavi was testing, Rey's own AQL (#3356), Spirit Lens

"Revenge is an act of passion; Vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; Crimes are avenged."
    DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

Post by DelaKayte on Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:57 am

Atsuko processes the definition that Ruhiel gave her as they are approached by the strange blue one. Her immediate thought is   "Why are the men here so short?" She puts a hand on her hip and watches the upcoming interaction closely.

Inventory
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:29 pm

He turns to Reymondo. Looking confused he looks around and then points to himself. "Me?" He asks. "I'm sorry you must have me confused with someone else. I've never been one to sing or conduct singing in the church." He smiles warmly, and reaches out to shake Rey's hand. "My name how ever is Ruhile. Ruhile Cromar Isengrant. Also no I'm not participating. My friend here will be parting in this festive." He points to Atsuko.
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:34 pm

The attendant finishes writing up and signing some of the papers and then leans out of the booth. "Next, please?" she calls out to Atsuko and Ruhile, inadvertently cutting the conversation short. "Next in line?"
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:30 pm

Reymondo gently shakes Ruhile's hand while chuckling a bit.

"You know how to make people sing, just not in a church i hear. But I will not dig any deep then that. It is also a shame to hear you aren't competing. You saying you couldn't use the money?"

He steps with the crowd as they step forward. He then looks at the rather large woman he is with. Not wanting to be rude, he holds his hand out for her as well.

"So you will be competing? I do not see a weapon on you so are you going to be entering in the unarmed or magical combat?"

Inventory

DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

Post by DelaKayte on Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:54 am

Atsuko stares at Reymondo's hand for a few seconds before shaking it awkwardly. "I Atsuko Samhradháin. I not know magic. I not Shaman. I Warrior." she says with a firm nod. "I right now fight..." she looks toward Ruhiel for confimation of her wording, "Unarmed."

She then notices that she has been summoned by the attendant and promptly leaves the two men without excusing herself. As she approaches the booth Atsuko says to the woman. "Hello, I Atsuko Samhradháin. I Warrior. I Warrior for show. I right now fight no weapons. You give coins?"

Inventory
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:15 am

He leans towards Atsuko and says. "I don't think they pay you upfront. I think you have to fight and get payed after. Not sure if you get payed after every match or what not." Turning back towards the crowd where the man with the scythe went he narrows his eyes pausing then turns back.

Looking to the lady in the booth he smiles and asks. "Pray tell how does your fighting system work? Is it every match you earn something? Is there a teir list of sorts? Or maybe a rank system? Do you earn anything if you lose? Does the crowd take part in the ranking system from favorite fighters to least?" He looks at her eagerly awaiting the answers. He HAS to know.
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:39 pm

The woman pauses for a moment and purses her lips in thought. She then flips through a few papers and begins to read from one of them in a monotone voice.

"Whereas usually fighters earn their rewards based on the number of fights won and ending the streak of other fighters, for the coming week leading to the opening of the academy and a few days thereafter fighters will be rewarded a set amount of 2 gold per win regardless of the type of competition, courtesy of the Moreau family."

She puts the papers back down and looks up at the two in front of her. "You may sign up for either un-armed, armed, or magical combat. Which would the two of you like?"

She gives a brief glance down the line to see how many people are left in line, letting out a subtle sigh when she sees another person step in line. The man in question is a curious one indeed, defined by silver tattoos layered across bronze coloured skin accented by his dark hair and focused brilliant amber eyes.

The foreign man steps up in line, his eyes focused on the booth ahead. He, too, is signing up to fight in the Arena today for many of his own reasons. As he does so he is unable to see the black rooster on the ground before him who is still eagerly scanning the ground for more crumbs to eat and accidentally steps on it's tail-feathers. Ray, who was just about to go on his merry way, takes a surprised step back as the rooster billows a small cloud of fire and smoke into the air singing the mans face. Under normal circumstances this would have caused mild burns at the least, given the distance, but when the smoke finally clears the foreigner seems to be completely fine.

Immediately after two of the city guards show up, one a mage, the other a swordsman.
    "Hey! No combat magic or fighting within the city grounds. Cut that out, or we will have to take you in...!" exclaims the swordsman. Clearly he is a little nervous.

Back at the booth the attendant shakes her head and sighs again. "Foreigners..." she says jokingly and begins filling out papers. "Which type would you like, miss?" she asks Atsuko while doing so.

Info
    Dethrial has joined.

New Rotation: Yuki -> Dethrial -> Ray -> Atsuko -> Ruhiel
    Close
    SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:38 pm

Dethrial brushes the bits of soot off his face, smiles a bit sheepishly and turns to face the guard that yelled at him. As he spoke his voice caught the man by surprise as he had learned that in this land not to many people sounded like him. His mother and father always said that his voice was warm and welcoming, like a mid harvest song. "Oh, my honest mistake sir. I seemed to have stepped on a...fire bird of some kind and it did not not take nicely to my misguided footfalls. I also wish to say I am in no way fighting this bird and have suffered no injures that would suffice any kind of combat with it"

Dethrial then reaches into one of his pockets and pulls out a small bit of crumbling bread from his meal before and crouches down to give it to the rooster he stepped on. "Here you go, I'm sorry for smashing your feathers." He smiles as the bird plucks the bread out of his hand and runs over to a sharply dressed man with very pale skin and horns.

An uncomfortable feeling settles into the pit of his stomach as he feels there is something off about the man and now a few sets of eyes that are watching him. As Dethrial stands up he takes his helm off his belt and places it on his head, feeling a bit safer in it's iron confines.
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

Post by Dr.Atrium on Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:09 pm

Reymondo hears the very familiar sound of his friend letting out his angry squawk, he turns to see why it is angry only to see him breath fire at some poor unfortunate man. He lets out a sigh, "Great, a hospital bill to pay when I have no money.." He thinks as he makes his way over to the man that his rooster has burned. To his utter surprise, the man is ok even dare he say...smiling. He holds back for a moment to see what the man is going to do. He is rather shocked yet again when he tells the guards the truth and doesn't demand for the birds death, like many have, but bends down and hands him some food. Rey can't help but smile, proof that there is still good people out there. He walks over to the man and takes a bow when he is in front of him.  

"Hello there. I am very sorry about Enkidu. I thought I had finally gotten him trained not to burn people that aren't attacking us, but it seems that I still have some work to do." Rey raise his hand out for the man to shake. "The names Reymondo. What is yours? Also, how where you able to just brush off the fire that has burned many?"

Inventory

DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

Post by DelaKayte on Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:20 am

The fire spitting chicken gets a passing glance from Atsuko, but as it seems to be nothing threatening her, and not her business, she turns back to the booth. When asked about the tier she would prefer Atsuko looks at the registrar as though the woman is a bit dim witted. "I say you already. I right now fight no weapons." She then turns to Ruhiel. "She say many words. You say many words. Say what say and say not many words. She give coins?"

Inventory
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:47 pm

Turned completely around fascinated by the bird he dramatically points and yells. "HOLY SHIT THAT THING BREATHS FIRE!!!!!" Turning back to Atsuko he says. "Basically you go into a specific group. You would want armed combat. When you win the match you get paid. I'm assuming. Yeah just go for armed combat." Quickly he turns back towards the two men and the chicken. He jumps forward, hits the ground and slides stopping at the bird as it eats.

"Fascinating. Pray tell how do you do such magic." He asks the chicken as if it would actually answer him. "You're not a normal bird yet you look like one." Standing up he points at Rey. "You there what was it." He pauses thinking snapping his fingers. "Reymondo!! Tell me what this thing is and how it does such witch craft. It interests me." He turns to the other man and waves smiling. "Also hello random guy with interesting tattoos and subtle helmet."
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:11 am

The guards look rather confused but figure they might as well leave it be if there is no real issue. With a mere warning they go back to their patrol.

The attendant, a little confused, double checks with Atsuko just to be sure which category she wants to enter with. With that done she calls the next person in line, excusing atsuko.

Before Dethrial has a chance to step up a rather sprightly young man cuts into the line. He's rather thin and a little small, sporting some messy hair and basic eatern-styled clothing. The guy doesn't look very tough for someone wanting to fight in an arena. " 'scuse me, sir." the guy says with a teasing smile and jogs up to the booth to sign up.
    SloneHalcourt
    Player
    Player

Post by SloneHalcourt on Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:58 am

At first Dethrial was confused on the horned mans behavior and when he apologized it put him at ease. With a moment of hesitation he removed his face plate and smiled warmly. He had seen other people shaking hands before and believed it was some sign of respect and proceeded to grab his hand and shook it vigorously.

"My name is Dethrial, and I am pleased to make your acquaintance. I am one of the Voul, we are blessed to have an natural resistance to fire. Also, how did you come to have a fire elemental and why is it a small bird?"

The other man that approached was in all white and bits of mail poked out from place to place with had a eye patch over his left eye. The man seemed to scream some obscene words about the bird and then ran over to actually question the bird and only then did he seem to acknowledge Raymundo and Dethrial with a brief comment.
    DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

Post by DelaKayte on Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:13 pm

Atsuko finishes up whatever minor details are required for the sign up, finding out where to be and when. When the arrogant young man cuts in line, she deliberately turns away from the booth in such a manner as to run into him, well stanced, and hard enough to knock him down. She immediately apologizes. "I sorry right now. I not see you." She then looks at him a bit confused "Why you there?" She points at Dethrial. "Him right now should there. Him I see before right now. Him I know not behind me. Why you behind me?"

Inventory

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:23 pm