Welcome to the Neogaea Roleplay Community

Prologue: Priest meets Barbarian

DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

Prologue: Priest meets Barbarian

Post by DelaKayte on Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:39 pm

Atsuko is a wide eyed, often confused, and confusing, traveller. She only recently came down from the mountains of the north, and is very out of place in the current lands. She walks from town to town, moving in a very wandering path that leads, ever so slightly, south. She's made her way so far by bartering menial tasks for food or lodging, and has slept more than one night out in the open, with a snared rabbit or squirrel for dinner.

She travels light, with only a small pack of supplies, and very simple, rough stitched leather and fur clothing, that other than her cloak, covers little due to her acclimation to the cold of the north making the heat of the southern lands uncomfortable. If it weren't for her regal bearing, and graceful movements, one might even think she was a beggar. If it weren't for the steel in her eyes, and the harshness of her accent one might think she was a whore. Her very visible tattoos covering her flesh, leads some to think she is a freakshow. Treating her as any of the above is a mistake, and one would learn quickly that she is a Warrior.
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

Re: Prologue: Priest meets Barbarian

Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:36 pm

Ruhiel (also goes by Ru for short) is a mild mannered often short tempered person. Depending on the situation. Oddly enough he has more patients than most. "A priest by trade" or so he says. He is a healer, and also has a variety of spells to attack (again see a darksouls 3 miracles video). He has the basic garb of a templar. From what people say in the whispers as he walks by. Most cases he has to be reminded that he can heal when the need arises. People seem to wounder that. He is well respected, and from appearance alone he can get to most high class areas of cities. Only some people know of his real reputation though. If he really gets into the fight, or if he loses his patients with someone when he wants to know something. It has a chance to get bad. Though he has a short temper he is very soft spoken and in most cases smiles for answers. A lot of people don't understand his meanings then but everything usually turns out okay. They call him a priest. He chuckles when he hears it. He prides himself on being well informed, and if someone or something interests him you almost have to kill him to change his pursuit of knowledge.
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:37 pm

also read my lengthy story. I know its long but I put a lot in it and it explains his actual reputation.
    DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

Post by DelaKayte on Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:33 pm

Atsuko has made her way to her first "big city", and is completely dumbfounded. She spends some time wandering, asking if anyone needs odd jobs done, but in a city it doesn't seem to work that way. Odd jobs are actually professions, and an inkeep won't let her stay in return for chopping wood, when she has plenty of paying customers. Eventually she ends up in a tavern, spending the few coins she got off the bandits that tried to waylay her last week, and asking about work.

A group of rowdy, and drunk guys have been eyeing her, and one of them finally speaks up. "We can put you to work." he says, and laughs with his friends, a couple of them nudging one another with elbows. Atsuko responds, in her broken dialect. "Much thank you. Can hard work make." One of the men chuckles and mumbles under his breath to the lead speaker, mocking her speech, "Make hard, yep."

The lead guy stands up and waves her over "Follow us, we'll take you to the job." Atsuko takes up her pack and begins to follow, but is stopped by another patron. "It is customary to leave a 'tip'. A small bit of money thanking them for doing a good job." Atsuko looks confused at this. "Are job not pay already for doing good?" to which the patron responds "It's complicated, let's just say it's tradition." Atsuko nods, understanding that tradition sometimes makes no sense. She leaves a few coins on the table and follows the group of men out into the street.

"I am Atsuko Samhradháin." she announces. Expecting the men to follow suit. When they don't, she prompts them. "You are who?" The alpha of the group responds, "I am, uhh, Mike. These are Bob, John, and..." He gets interrupted by the last guy "Roderick Not-real the 4th!" Pronouncing the last name as Not-ray-all. The other 3 all look at him and shake their heads. One mumbles "showoff". He seems to be proud of his cleverness, and that this woman would never connect the wordplay.

After a bit of wandering, the men lead her into a more industrious area, where things like charcoal and smelting leave the air cloudy with smoke and fumes. Lights of unnatural color imply that there is magical manufacturing in the area as well. They then corner Atsuko in an out of the way nook. She looks at them confused and says, "Where job?" The one that has been making the side comments looks at her, grabs his crotch and says "Right here honey." The others laugh.

Atsuko's eyes become hard, and she spits angrily at them. "I no do that for job! Give me real job." 'Mike' smiles in a predatory way and responds, "This is a real job. We plan to work you hard." The lackeys laugh again. Atsuko curses at them in her native tongue and lifts a hand, pointing it towards 'Mike'. In one fluid motion, her pack and cloak hit the ground, and the tip of a spear of unnatural material is pressed under Mike's chin, lifting his jaw a bit.
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:52 pm

"THERE YOU ARE!" His arms stretched out in front of him. "I leave you for two seconds and you take off somewhere." Walking from the end of the nook he puts his arms behind him and stands up straight. Looking dignified. He comes up to the three men and slides through them. "Pardon me gentlemen." Coming up to the girl he leans forward and whispers. "If you value my time please play along." He steps back. "Seriously though. I look away and you take off." He turns to the men and thinks to himself *by the smell of it a bar* "Gentlemen!" He says with a smile walking towards them. The big one asks "This one yours?" he says sneeringly "Cos shes gonna b-" Ruhiel immediately cuts him off. "Oh I know what you were going to do." He walks right up to him now inches from his face. "I have to say though. " He turns the guy around and pull him down to his hight and whispers. The other two confused lean in to listen. "I for one apologize for you getting stuck with the worst person to preform any sexual act with." He says with a disappointed face. "I know outstanding hardworking men like yourself need a little to keep you going, but she...well she just doesn't get it. " He shakes his head. "See I've tried to teach her and she just doesn't pick it up. Its very annoying and you'll be doing more work trying to force her than actually do it. " He lets go of the man and reaches down to the pouch on his hip. "So hears what we will do. I happen to have thirty coins on me. Ten for each. You guys can get more drinks, girls or what every you want. Actually have a good night." He looks towards the girl. "I'll take the screw up over there." He walks over to the girl and holds out his hand with a smile. "Come on honey. Lets leave the fine men alone so they can get back to her night."
    DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

Post by DelaKayte on Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:43 pm

Atsuko is completely confused by the way this man entered the fray. He's a fast talker, and apparently paid the men to leave her alone, but she didn't quite understand what all he meant as he spoke. She takes his hand, thinking to herself, This one seems more battle ready, but he is only one man.

Between being paid, and being threatened, the men decide they're better off finding easier prey. They walk off back in the direction of cleaner air. Atsuko leans down with the hand holding her spear, and grabs her bag and cloak. The spear disappears instantly as soon as she opens her hand to grab the items. She then follows along, idly allowing herself to be guided by her hand.

With a puzzled look, and a wary eye, Atsuko speaks to the man who intervened. "I am Atsuko Samhradháin. You are who?" before he is able to answer she shakes her head quickly as if realizing something and denying it. She snatches her hand back, and stops following him. "I know not what much you say to mans. I not do that for job for you too!"
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:44 am

He pulls his hand back and smiles warmly. "Apologies. I didn't mean to over step with the physical contact. I just figured that if I acted like we were together and throw in some quick chatter they would leave you alone." He chuckles. "I was trying everything to not enter a fight. I'd rather avoide those." He crosses his hands behind his back. "as for my name I'm Ruhiel Cromar Isengrant. I go by Ru for short. Seeing how my name is. Well. Quite long."

He tilts his head. "judging by your speak you aren't from around here are you? For a job also no. I have nothing. I mean literally I just gave what I had away." He looks back down the nook taping his lip. "Probably should of kil-." He stops himself and looks back at Atsuko smiling eye closed. "Probably should of gone about that differently."

Stepping a little closer he leans in. "Curious though. That spear. I saw it appear then vanish. Magic?" He walks around her inspecting her body muttering to himself. "Must be. I don't see a thing." Stopping back in front of her he stands up straight. "Congrats. Your ability. Or whatever you do interests me. Explain child. How do you do what you did."
    DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

Post by DelaKayte on Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:56 am

Atsuko tries to follow along, but seems to get more and more confused. "You use many words. I know not many words. I think I know words these: You are Ruhiel Cromar Isengrant. Use child name Ru. My child name Suko." Ruhiel senses that exchanging 'child names' is some form of acknowledgement of casual relationship. "You no have job for me. You give all coins for help me. You want know magic. Is know magic why you give all coins?"

She sighs. "I sorry right now. I not know magic. Shamans know magic. Shaman give me magic on skin." She holds out her arm where you can see the tattoo. "Magic on skin make spear. You are Shaman?"
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:34 am

He stops. "Many words yes." Chuckling. "We will say its a specialty." He turns and looks at Atsuko. "I didn't give my coins to know magic. I honestly would rather avoid any sort of physical confrontation." He cracks his neck and rubs that back of it. "It takes to long. I lose interest. Curious though is your magic skin as you call it." He looks at her arm with detail. "Fascinating." He is at awe with curiosity. "I wounder how they did it. For myself. No I'm not a shaman. I work with more light magics. Healing and such. Among others." He laughs "That part is a work in progress."

"As with your tattoos though. You say they were given to you yet you know not of magic." He looks to the sky stroking his chin. "Yet you can make them work. Again curious." He leans in eye closed smiling warmly. "Please my dear do tell me more."
    DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

Post by DelaKayte on Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:56 pm

Atsuko shakes her head and starts speaking rapidly. "You say you not shaman. You do magic. Shaman do magic. You do healing. Shaman do healing. You Shaman. You only not know." She says this as though it is just fact.

"I not Shaman. I Warrior. Shaman choose me for Magic Warrior. Shaman make magic... umm... colorwater?" She seems unsure of that last word. "I Child Warrior many years. Learn to Warrior. Learn to not cry when hurt. Learn to not scream when hurt bad." She seems to be remembering very painful lessons, and it shows on her face.

"Then mother-blood come, and body change. Shaman watch me. Shaman say 'body finish change'. Then shaman give magic on skin. Shaman use small small small knife. Put colorwater under skin. I hurt bad. I hurt bad bad. Make me scream. Make me sleep. Make me wake with more scream. Snow on ground when Shaman start. Snow on ground when Shaman end. Different snow." She rotates her finger in a circle. "Umm... Snow, not snow, snow, not snow, snow. Two new snow before Shaman end. I learn Warrior scream when Shaman make Magic Warrior." She then looks Ruhiel dead in the eye and says with finality. "Magic Warrior, never scream again."

After a few seconds, she looks at the surprisingly untouched skin below her knees. "I not end of make Magic Warrior. I scream one more."
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:39 am

He looks at her flabbergasted with everything that was just thrown his way. "Well. That was. Well a bunch. Lot more than I expected in such short notice." He chuckles. "So by the sounds of it you have magic embedded into your skin. Thats the first I've heard of that. The again my magic isn't natural either." His face saddens for half a second before he catches himself. "Lets not bring that up." Again he chuckles. "I don't know thought how they did it. Your skin was changed you say. Then they put colored water into you with a knife. Which I'm assuming was the ink." He trails off in thought looking to the right. "I wounder what is the magic then...the skin or the ink..."

Again catching himself he looks back as Suko. "I'm sorry but I can't help you with my knowledge of magic. Also to answer you. I'm a Priest. I may be a shaman by your culture but in this world I'm a priest. Or so I'm called. Kind of a title...given to me." He rubs the back of his neck. "I don't really enjoy the whole healing thing." He then cracks his neck. "Anyways little lady. Whats someone like you with and interesting power and a poor ability to talk doing out here?" He crosses his arms behind him.
    DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

Post by DelaKayte on Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:13 pm

Atsuko starts walking back toward the actual city, getting out of the smog. "I sorry right now. I say this many people. Many people ask. I say. Ask more. Say more. Ask more. Say more. I only say all now. You no need ask more." She nods as Ruhiel speaks, and when he is finished responds in her way.

"I hear word priest. Some priest Shaman, some priest not. Not know what priest what not priest." She shrugs. "Say about skin, ink?... colorwater?" She looks at Ruhiel for confirmation. "Shaman tell me... ink?... magic. Shaman tell me, I umm... I... not like other many people. Only some Warrior, Magic Warrior. Shaman say when child, 'this one Shaman... this one Magic on skin... this one not Shaman, not Magic on skin." She points at pretend children in front of her.

"Many many childs, not Magic on skin, not shaman." She holds up her hands showing 4 fingers on one, and 3 on the other. "Not many childs, Shaman." She sticks out a thumb. "Other childs, Magic on skin." She sticks out the remaining 2 digits, now displaying all ten.

"I Magic on skin. I Warrior... Magic Warrior. Shaman put colorwa... ink under skin. Ink magic. Ink not go away. Knife make blood happen, but ink not happen. After not hurt, ink look same."

She continues walking as she talks, seeming to be willing to just chatter at Ruhiel. "Say about what doing here. I try know things. I War-Leader one day. Now-War-Leader say 'Go. Talk. Bring talk things home. Make tribe know talk things.' Shaman say 'Go. See. Do. Know end of Magic on skin." I go. I talk. I see. I do. I try know new. Know new, make good War-Leader. Know new, make new Magic on skin... make end of make Magic Warrior."

"Say about little lady. You say me this again before. What mean 'little lady'?"
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:48 pm

He skips along fascinated by everything Atsuko is saying. "To be honest Suko you can call me what ever you want. Shaman. Priest. I'm really indifferent." slowing to a walking pace he listens giving nods to what she says. "So what I'm getting from this is there are some that are compatible with this magic and some that aren't. Lucky you. Unless you dislike this power or whatever it is." He thinks on her words. "By the sounds of it you have a quick healing factor too."

He looks at her. "So you want to lean more about your magic and possibly get more? Correct me if I'm wrong. Having a hard time understanding you. As I've said I don't know of anything of that type of magic. I know of binding it to armor or a weapon, but not to a person. Let alone multiple times. I'll go with you if you'd like. Where ever this path takes you. I'm very interested in this ability, and I want to see what else you offer via magic. For me its a quest for knowledge." He laughs. "That and as i said i want to see where this goes. I pride myself on being well informed." His voice quivers as he speaks. "And I have to know. How it works."

"As for the little lady thing thats just me being playful and polite." He smiles. "Get used to it."
    DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

Post by DelaKayte on Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:19 am

Atsuko shakes her head. "I no want know about magic. I want choose magic. What do for end of make Magic Warrior. Shaman know magic. I tell Shaman what do. Shaman make magic on skin do what." She then smiles. "You want know new same to me. I like Ru. Ru and Suko know new same time." With a nod, she continues into the city. "Maybe I know new many words. You say many words."
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:14 pm

"saying many words is what I do. Its a specialty. A craft so to say." He laughs. "Who knows. Maybe in this adventure we could learn off each other. Me with new magics and you." He turns to her smiling. "Maybe I'll be able to understand you better in time. You might be able to speak in my tongue easier."
    DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

Post by DelaKayte on Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:19 am

End Prologue
    Close

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:08 pm