Welcome to the Neogaea Roleplay Community


    Character/ Player application prt 2

    Share
    avatar
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

    Posts : 471
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 26
    Location : USA

    Character/ Player application prt 2

    Post by Dr.Atrium on Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:06 am

    I wasn't able to say anything in the last one before it got locked. So I have made this one just so not only could I say something buy Producer or RD wanted to say something.

    I can see that things were said and feeling have gotten hurt. But from what I've seen, Rabbit still wants this to work. He has been rather harsh yes, but in the end he did say that he is still ok with Dela using her character.

    I am rather sad to see OPG leave. He didn't want to step on anyone's toes or upset anyone so he was going to remain silent until the story got started, until he left. I am also sad to see Dela leave again. One of the things I had said to her was that if she started getting flack for her character again, then try to explain it or just ignore it. I will admit that I never really understood her character or the tats, but I wanted to see it played out and knew Shino would be watching so I gave it my ok.

    Another thing, I have ALWAYS been afraid of Doc being overpowered. So to help provent that, I would run almost everything he was going to do with Shino. Every fight, every heal and every movement he made, I had it checked. I also would talk to RD as well so he wouldn't come across as broken. This also go for when he was Jericho. I hope the two will chime in to say I'm right about this and not lying.

    I still want this to go. We still have RD, Producer and myself. I need to talk to Rabbit but from what i read, we was still willing to put all this behind and move on to have fun.

    Hope to hear from you all soon.


    _________________
    Raymondo, Demon Hunter
    Arcana - Arcana: 8 |Speed: 7 |Agility: 5, Might: 5
    00   ,25    , 00   
    Inventory
    Lantern, Scythe, Protraction Apache Revolver, Branded summoning pentagram, Colette's AQL Code (#1209), Kaavi's AQL Code(#1811), A plain alloy box with one quartz crystal that Kaavi was testing, Rey's own AQL (#3356), Spirit Lens


    "Revenge is an act of passion; Vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; Crimes are avenged."
    "I do not live in hope. I work to return it."
    avatar
    Spiked Edge
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 178
    Join date : 2014-08-07
    Age : 27

    Re: Character/ Player application prt 2

    Post by Spiked Edge on Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:17 pm

    Thanks for that. I'll admit i was feeling rather irritated with myself at having allowed it to go this far and not saying anything.

    For the record this is going to be a completely and totally unfettered account of not only my failures but my disappointment in all parties involved.

    Firstly i'll admit my own faults. Other than the obvious of silence and overall nonchalance towards this growing situation, i'll admit fault for 2 others.

    I originally created my character on a slightly more laid back level. As OPG did happen to mention in one of his later posts, i made my character, and then boosted him to a level i planned on him attaining through a bit of story development later on. I did, in-fact, do this in reaction to Dela's character. I originally felt that her abilities gave her a well-roundedness that defied her character stats, and slightly contradicted her character's purpose for her adventure. After reading it i decided to boost my character somewhat in order to do two things; One, check exactly what would be allowed for a beginning character and, Two, which also happens to be the second error, seeing if i could get away with it. When the character was allowed to pass i chuckled a bit, and decided that if that was what the Administrator and the rest of the group would allow to go uncontested then i really couldn't speak up against it. Why would I? Through this oversight my character was allowed to be a bit more advanced so i wouldn't need to go though the steps of getting him to that point, it was convenient and i could move on to other things. So i shrugged it off and allowed things to go as they were.

    I took off for awhile after that. Life was a bit rocky at that time. I was indeed looking forward to the role-play, but i figured i'd allow you all to handle it among yourselves like adults... You all would be able to handle it without me and i could get my life back on track by the time it actually started to take off, spent a lot of days doing what i could to make sure i'd be alright by the time things got rolling. Unfortunately i took too long. Everything is fine on my half, but i came back to find things in shambles.

    Because of my earlier stance on the issue i decided to discuss the issue at the time with the group i usually convene with on PS4: OPG, Rabbit, and Doc; effectively allowing myself to merely stay on the sidelines but still involve myself in a way i see as cowardly now. I understood what they were saying and at the same time i even agreed with some of it, but i was, -still am- conflicted about saying anything to perturb Dela's vision for her character. I honestly do like her character, i honestly do like her vision, i feel that she may have skewed her vision a bit but who was i to say? Maybe she was thinking on the same wavelength as myself but i just needed to clarify a few things or shoot ideas at her that may get her to see what i saw her character as, so i could then inquire as to if her character would be able to satisfy her goal they way she was and still stay interesting or at least without using a skill to do so.

    Instead like a fool i kept my mouth shut and let others speak for me, granted they were right in many aspects, i did in fact agree with many of their ideas, but what we were more than likely forgetting is that even though we thought we were being merely helpful and adjusting her to bend towards being what we collectively viewed as fair, we were perhaps being a bit presumptuous and changing her too much. A failure in my eyes and one that the group i am in shared.

    I do in fact feel as though we could've handled things better on ALMOST all accounts.

    In fact before i get to the other two let me handle the elephant in the room, While i feel as though Rabbit did indeed have a point, i'll also agree that his feelings could've been conveyed a bit better. Reading over his posts once more, in many aspects there are legit points throughout, with far too many shots thrown in, whether personal or not so much personal as asides. Some of which referring to the process of an average day to him which may give the illusion that he doesn't have time to actually discuss the situation, or for that matter participate, which is not what i think he's trying to convey, he would not have even asked to participate in the first place if he didn't think he'd be able to. Added to the fact that even through clear irritation at the way things were turning out he was still willing to just say, for lack of a better phrase, 'fuck it' and allow it just to get the chance to play. With all the snide commentary and boldface mockery (in which i mean using boldface to mock the very emphasis he was getting aggravated by) and the fact that he very clearly conveyed he felt he was being talked down to by the party(ies) involved i imagine it would be hard to cut though all the bull and see it for what it was, constructive criticism... albeit in the most Gordan Ramsay way I've seen in awhile and as we all know, anybody who owes nothing to him [Ramsay] would respond in a less than amiable way to his constant berating. So i can't say that the way both Dela and Shino responded are too off the mark.

    In regards to OPG... Well honestly i don't think for even a second that he did anything wrong. He mentioned his thoughts and criticisms in what i feel everyone could agree was a kind and respectful manner, and instead of a like response, he got what i would consider a rather rude turnabout. I feel that his responses, yes both of them, were handled in an extremely immature way. He brought up some good, strong, points and conveyed them as considerately as possible, and instead of well-thought out responses free of spite, or bias carried over from past events, he gets not even the slightest modicum of respect or consideration towards his opinion, its merely treated as a past grudge of some sort resurfacing, which is exactly what he was trying to avoid until it was brought there by that response or in this case, those responses. On an added note, sure he may not possess a computer at the moment but he is more than likely tied for most responses on this topic with Shino. He's in no way hindered by this issue and could easily participate just as much, if not more than many of us by the looks of things.

    In fact in my opinion if he had brought up my character or Doc's first we may not even be having this conversation, and i do feel guilty. Whether it was because we're friends or merely because when he brought it up to me, i, in essence, shoo'd his concerns away with a knowing nod and smirk mentioning that if his concerns towards one character were addressed, i would in turn address his concerns towards my own. Should we have instead of posting characters and merely confirming them, have listed 5 questions (or more) towards each character asking them to state their goal and/or purpose for participating in this group, a brief explanation of their ties to other characters, and left a few slots for people to list their concerns and criticisms towards each character? I feel as though that would be difficult in regards to a few but it would've at the very least forced each person to contribute and note their concerns in regard to each character. But never-mind that. Couldn't get it to that point, and that's partially my fault, i apologize.

    Getting back on topic i turn my attention to Doc, a mod who does in fact have a history of creating overpowered characters. For the record i am in fact extremely biased towards anything involving magic. I feel as though something that defies natural orders and laws that are well established and stand a solid ground in reality will always be radically overpowered in fantasy. To my credit, i find myself more often right than wrong. That aside while his character was in fact extremely overpowered in our original story, there were two very different circumstances that allowed that character to slide. One, the character was an original, made alongside the original group. He was not subject to criticism among peers, in other words the topic that was created prior where in which we cleared our characters before starting the next chapter of the story was a situation that character was never subjected to, he never required any clearance, you might even say he was a template for other characters in the future of the game, though in my opinion he was not a very good one, if only for the fact that he is/was overpowered, other wise he was well made from looks and dynamics down to history and personality. Secondly, he played him fairly, constantly checking and conversing with both myself and Yuki {i suppose i'll call you that for now, tho i personally didn't mind shino, but keep the name-changing to a minimum please, it goes from confusing to aggravating rather quickly}, making sure that he wasn't overstepping his bounds, much unlike Jack, who did as he wished until he was put 'in check' so to speak... Constantly. Seriously there were at least 3 events off the top of my head in which Jack had to be pulled aside and spoken to, it happened maybe once with Doc. Even then, some of the stunts he [Doc/Jericho] performed were absurd, though in one case i'll openly admit to using his ridiculous plethora of abilities to my advantage (i used it against jericho during an argument of sorts fyi). Having two different sides of an overpowered character did in fact create a tightrope situation where in which we all seemed to silently be much stricter with OP concepts, and quickly forget that there is a player who can be trusted behind them, a fatal flaw indeed.

    Now that that's out of the way i want it to be known that if Doc did at one point in time state that he himself had no problems with your character's abilities Dela or mentioned that OPG was the only one who did in any way shape or form, he is mistaken. If it appears that was 'pandering' to you to keep you within the role-play then i believe he must have miss-spoken at some point. I trust that he was indeed attempting to bring you back but i don't believe he was trying to bend the rules in any way, shape, or form in order to make you get you exactly what you wanted using his power as a mod. I would hope he was trying to get you to come back and try to work with the group in order to sort this out, instead of just leaving the moment someone mentions what they saw as a 'black spot' in your character's design, knowing full well that leaving after a post like that instead of trying to discuss and reason with the objection would leave an extremely bad impression on people in concerns to yourself. I believe he wanted you to come back and stand up for yourself and/or work with OPG at that time to handle the issue. Again though, i don't speak for him, but for the time I've known him he's always been trying to act like exactly the role he was given here in the forums: a moderator, trying to smooth things out among the group; get everyone to discuss their problems instead of acting reckless. I'll also admit that his moderation is at times flawed and what he's trying to convey can get lost within the flames of peacekeeping, in my opinion he still needs to work on it, but he is trying.

    The next person down this line would be producer, but unfortunately he too had not much to say during this entire controversy. Whether he was taking a similar stance to my own and/or merely wanted to avoid conflict, while trying to handle his own day to day problems; we're both guilty of saying next to nothing, at least within the forums, where we should have been posting our opinions. In the end we contributed to this though our silence.

    Yuki. I'll admit i'm not mad at how you handled things. You told us we needed to post and i knew better than anyone else, possibly even those you spoke to daily, that you were extremely excited to start this up again, and for letting it get this far i deeply apologize.

    Still that doesn't change the fact that i am disappointed with the way you went about this.

    This topic was created for us to discuss our characters and smooth out any wrinkles in the opinions of each of the players in concerns to the characters proposed. I understand Dela's tattoos were a new concept which you had no previous experience with, but instead of trying to tie her abilities into your already established and, in my opinion, very well made setting, you created an entirely new concept that stood apart from everything else. Not only did this create new conflict by essentially changing the rules, you did this without running it by everyone. You stated we were to work together to smooth things out, instead you planted stakes that essentially said 'this is how it is, non-negotiable' or at least that's how it was perceived. Why, pray-tell, was it just you, Dela, apparently Doc discussing her character outside of the forum? Why couldn't we all see what you were discussing right here in the forums so we could all bang it out together? It was even mentioned on multiple occasions that they, and i say they because i was being a knucklehead at the time and removed myself for the most part, were willing to discuss it together and serve the overall purpose of the thread. It never happened, and it ended with people thinking your original words were merely makeup, there was no democracy, it ended being a dictatorship.

    I reviewed your rules more times than i can even remember. I made my first character, Richard, after making sure, over and over again that everything he could do fit into YOUR world. I did not force you even for a second to bend even when i introduced new concepts. Your world was fine the way it was. When i made Rauj, i made him a bit loosely, thinking 'he's unbalanced, but hey lets see if we're actually doing what we said we would do in this topic.' When no-one commented on him, i shrugged, and that was my biggest mistake right there, after a few days i should've stopped everyone right there and reminded them what the topic was about. Now that i think about it, i think everyone, including you, was too afraid to speak up at that time, thinking this would happen. The only person who even really followed what was said in the mission statement was OPG, and the moment he did it blew up in his face.

    You, Yuki, had even covered topics similar to Dela's tattoos within your rules... under arcana, stating that "Arcana is based around magic; things like Arcane knowledge, use of protraction, protraction weaving, manipulation and summoning." To this end, had we considered her tattoos an either primal or highly advanced form or protraction weave using paints (mainly because we could consider her armor and spear light summons of a sort, and the tattoos were applied using hex magic) and handed her 1-2 points in arcana, bam, issue fixed. You even reduced the 'bottom line' so that the tattoos would be accepted... Yuki a 0 in arcana meant no knowledge whatsoever, we accepted that as a group, i even gave Richard a 1 to use his 'magic' sword. A 1 that stayed even when he went berzerk, just so he could still use the blade's abilities. That was in-fact the most despairing thing i saw from your side, one that i feel most people would consider done merely for the sake of one person, rather than the group; especially because of the lack of communication in that decision, it was made alone (i hope), which yet again laughed in the face of the original post.

    Dela. First, let me say that i'm irritated with you. Not because of the character. She wasn't perfect, and had a few flaws i wanted to run by you, which ironically had less to do with her stats and abilities, as it had to do with how those things contradicted her originally stated purpose, producer's too but in a different way, not the place to discuss that atm, and the time will never come as it stands. No, what irritated me was the lack of real communication. You may have not stormed off but you saw this coming and from that you took off with what seemed to be an assumption that everything about your character was disliked from top to bottom by everyone which clearly wasn't the case. They merely asked for your stats to reflect your abilities somewhat and you didn't even want to bend even slightly to their request, which would be fine, if you instead discussed it with everyone here, like, and i would be pressed to remind EVERYONE, this topic was made for. Instead there were side discussions, more than likely on steam, where ideas were run through and acted upon without a consensus from the rest of the group, yet again defeating what the topic was originally made for.

    As for Atsuko, I wondered why have a tat that allows for subtle suggestion, when that what she was supposed to be working on in the first place, would it be so hard merely interact? I can tell you have an extremely well developed thought process just from reading your earlier posts, you don't need a tattoo that allows Jedi mind tricks (i know its not that potent, i just really wanted to make the reference, sue me), you just need to use word weaving. In other words, have your character speak and try to understand a situation, have them actually converse; perhaps even for an extended amount of time, that way the character could actually develop their social, which is also something Yuki had developed within the rules, ways for the character to level their stats.  If she merely relied on her tat to give her that push, which in my opinion was essentially a +1 to social when activated, then what was she going to tell her people, 'the tat works fine'? I thought she left to learn how to communicate better through working at it, not what i saw as basically 'cheating' when it gets rough. I did feel her armor was a bit over the top, if for only one reason: no weight to it. You character was insanely agile and woo was she fast, combine that with heavy armor? Woof. I considered the heavy armor a +2-4 to endurance which i, yet again, wouldn't have given a damn about if it pulled back her agility and speed when she applied it. She'd have to make a choice if that was the case, sacrifice the speed and agility for more defense, or go without and rely on her ability to evade, the option would have made her more dynamic and intriguing, at least that's how i felt. Her healing factor didn't matter to me either, that was until you nerfed it. Why make it so that other healing arts couldn't affect her? I get you were trying to balance her but i felt it was applied incorrectly, doing that drastically reduces the party's ability to interact with your character. The healers can't help you, neither can any potions a party member may posses (or steal... for the greater good of course), which yet again reduces the amount of communication you could potentially have with the members of your group. A conversation where the healer goes to heal you and can see that the wound is already mending itself before they even tried to help and sparks a convo about it while healing you, or one providing a boost to your regen where in which you CAN heal wounds during combat is nulled by a nerf that does nothing but detract from your character's original purpose of communicating, and new experiences as well as understanding another's culture since magic is well woven into their society.

    My other irritation was the constant nerfing of your character. The original version was sound with a few errors here and there.  I was in fact mad to hear that your character was weakest when a magic jammer is introduced, i thought her stats would allow her to be a threat, tattoos or no, and i enjoyed that about her. Now it seems that she relies far to heavily on them and it honestly bugs me. It made it seem like the tats were a crutch, and if that's the case get rid of em altogether and start from scratch. If she has to be dainty to have the tattoos i'd rather she go without. She's a strong, independent character who wants to learn how to not necessarily be co-dependent, but at least communicate the the rest of the world and gain new experiences, that's the impression i got from her. I thought her development would be mostly in social which would mean she'd have a few awkward conversations, be a bit wonky about being in a group outside her village, etc; and i was interested in seeing that play out. I thought the agility and speed were high because getting slashed would mean putting the tattoo's connection in danger and would make one or more of her abilities unusable, it gave her good reason to be dynamic and untouchable, suddenly it was as if nullifying magic in her vicinity would make her docile and weak like an average commoner and i'll be honest, i disapprove. As chief she should be capable no matter the situation, especially if we're to consider her an accomplished warrior. But yet again, i'm at fault here for not expressing that earlier, and i realize i have little to no reason to criticize her now. There's more of course, some of it even regarding giving her a rather fun dynamic if in fact you really wanted to give her a arcana of 0 and still have her use these abilities but this is indeed far past long-winded at this point and needs to wrap up.

    Anything that was discussed outside of the topic and then decided on by Yuki, Doc, and yourself should in my opinion be nullified just by the fact it didn't happen here, which more than likely means any decisions then were made without the consensus of the full group. Hell i would be willing to start the whole damn conversation from the top, and yes that means re-posting the characters and everything if it means i get to play with ALL of you.

    If you survived all of that than i commend you. This is indeed a rant. Chronicling everything i can think of that happened wrong here. Many of us did indeed fuck up. Many of us tried to work things out and had it fall upon deaf ears. There were many mess ups on all sides of this overall conversation but let me clarify on thing right here and fucking now. Everybody messed up. All of us. No one here completely earned the title of not-guilty. Some may wear the opposing title more snugly than others, this includes myself; but this topic was handled terribly by all of us. I'm not looking for apologies towards anyone else from anybody else; yet i will apologize for letting all of you down and not being here when you needed me. I read what happened here with a heavy heart and gritted teeth, mad mostly with myself.

    I would've loved to participate with each of you once again to weave a tale of epic proportions, and i would still be willing to. I consider each and everyone of you friends of mine, and i what i value most about friendship is that it transcends arguments, it allows people to be mad as hell at each other one day and be over it the next. Sometimes helping each of us find out more about not only ourselves but the ones we have griefs with as well and that understanding in turn allows our bonds to grow stronger. But in order for that to even happen, communication is required. And not someone else communicating for you, you yourself need to take that step to talk, not argue, not spit venom; talking and listening. Seriously attempting to understand where each person is coming from. Its often not a matter of not actually understanding, its a matter of unclear explanation and a lack of communication.

    This is exactly why i can't stand typing and texting. No tone. No real voice. Everything gets jumbled up and misinterpreted. Being thought up in one way, and being taken in a completely different way.


    _________________
    The true start of your life is the point in which you set a goal.
    The next step is to figure out why you've set this goal and what led you there.
    Your past is an important part of your future. ~Spiked Edge


    Inventory:


    Currency:
    $$$$$$
    avatar
    TheWhiteRabbit
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 99
    Join date : 2016-05-13

    Re: Character/ Player application prt 2

    Post by TheWhiteRabbit on Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:39 pm

    Holy crap. I thought my story was long. Geeze. I didn't read RD's post. No. I had OPG read it to me. LOL. Well I thought it was funny. I laughed when I got compared to a smug blond British chef. Who is also rich. :D. Jokes aside I do...adm...it... to losing my sunglasses. I mean cool. When I do get irritated I tend to explain myself. In the most asshole way I can possible think of. Sometimes I enjoy doing it. Other times. Awww who the hell am I kidding I have fun regardless. I've very obnoxious and rude. Depending. More often than not I don't consider feelings or how people are receiving my words. In most cases I don't care. This is to people whom I rarely interact with or will ever interact with again. Yet to someone whom I hopefully will be working with in this RP from what I've seen I should consider going to my local hardware story and getting a filter for my sink. I mean words. Wow. I had a good idea of what to type and I just lost it. Hold on. Here we go. I don't apologize for everything I said. Not that everything I said was bad. Maybe HOW I said it but not the topic itself. The snide things I was typing outside of the point I was trying to make I do apologize For. The point being the 1 in arcana so I could go to sleep not confused. Everything outside of that I do. I understand that with typing you can convey your thoughts and ideas but people may misinterpretate what I'm saying. Even if its good. Shut up RD I'm texting you regardless. Deal with it. If ever in the future I say something that you may take the wrong way Dela don't hold it in, or post on the forum or go to Yuki. Pm me. Like legit. I fully welcome it. Let me know the situation. I'm far from subtlety too. Just say "bitch you're being an asshole". Honestly say that. Like copy paste. I'll respond better to that for the sheer humor. In which case I'd say "Que?" and you can direct me to what I did that you may have miss understood, or to bring to my attention that yes I was indeed being a dick. The fun thing about not having a filter and being open an honest ( and I say this VERY sarcastically) is that most times I don't realize I'm doing it and I do require someone to point it out. RD and Doc have literally had to do this because I don't realize. One thing you do need to understand though is the same applies to you and everyone here. Because we aren't on a voice chat basis. Things can get misinterpreted. Like with your post with the "-" line things for emphasis. Whether or not you meant it that way I took it as you talking down to us. Again that probably wasn't what you were going for. Though I give what I get. Don't care who it is. So when I misunderstood what you typed and lashed back what I thought you were going for. I apologize for that. Again hard to understand fully through text. Apologize again. After this whole fiasco. I'm saying this because I hope its over. I'm by no means angry even the slightest towards you or Yuki. You two responded the exact way I would of if I was put in that situation. Hell I probably would of brought this to an 11 out of a possible 5. I'm hoping we can work things out and lets this immature chaos pass by. I apologize for the way I handled things. Not the points I was making. The attitude i was giving in the topic itself, and I apologize for putting you both in that situation because of it. Hoping we can work together in the future (both out of roleplay via discussion and in the roleplay itself.)

    From the bottom of my heart I apologize.
    yours truly.
          -Rabbit
    #magic/ texting forever
    #fuck RD
    cuddles and hugs
    avatar
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

    Posts : 899
    Join date : 2013-12-14
    Age : 26
    Location : Calgary

    Re: Character/ Player application prt 2

    Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:26 am

    Wow, I have to say i'm actually really surprised by the responses made in this topic. Admittedly I was kind of at a loss of what to do because I constantly asked for feedback and didn't get a whole lot for the situations I've specifically asked for. That being said I do acknowledge my mistake of trying to overpower the system my inventing new rules. The unfortunate truth is that the game is still flawed, since all of it is designed and balanced by myself and no one else, but feedback like this can really help me stay on track.

    I want to thank you RD for clearly understanding my point of view, and for speaking your thoughts so clearly, both positive and negative. It's incredibly refreshing to read this and feel like it can be an honest discussion rather than a bunch of blame shifting and taunting.

    As for OPG... I had told Doc, and I'm not sure if I mentioned it on the forum or not (pretty sure I did...); I didn't have a problem with him asking. He asked a perfectly legitimate question and I tried to explain it to the best of my abilities at the time. My two problems were simply this: The lack of communication and the fact that Rabbit's first post had essentially been summerized in "grow some balls" when the statement was based completely on assumptions. So I have no problems with OPG, and should I have said otherwise I either misspoke or it was misunderstood.

    Admittedly with the troubles going on and the lack of communication I was worried I would have to shut the game down, and for that matter I wasn't even sure how to continue from hereon (Reason as to why the initial topic was Locked; I was considering the future of the game.) But this communication is incredibly welcome and I really appreciate it!!

    Regardless of what happens and whether OPG or Dela will be continuing the game I wouldn't mind receiving more feedback on some of the systems you think could be improved. And also I strongly believe that perhaps 32 points is a strong start for a character at the beginning of their adventure. I tried to balance things out as best as possible for the original game but some adjustments may be in order. Your input is highly encouraged.

    Lastly I want to thank you all for replying and especially for you, Rabbit, for apologizing. It means a lot to hear that and I think an apology of my own is very much in order.

    EDIT: I had made a post a while ago on communication. Not everyone has steam or checks it regularly, so I wanted to see if there was a means for us to stay in touch or if I could just rely on everyone checking the forum regularly? The 2-day rule will still be in effect so that the game doesn't take a whole year for just a few days, therefore it is important that everyone knows when their turn is. I could build a schedule with people posting on certain days, giving them 48 hours from one date untill their deadline. Perhaps this would make things easier? It would be a set time for each rotation (Currently estimated 12 days per rotation, which seems a little extreme.) or we can cut it down to 24 hours +24 hours extention on request? That way the rotation should only take a week or so. Let me know what you think and if we can work something out or whether you just want to keep track of the forum yourselves.
    avatar
    Dr.Atrium
    The Good Doctor
    The Good Doctor

    Posts : 471
    Join date : 2013-12-15
    Age : 26
    Location : USA

    Re: Character/ Player application prt 2

    Post by Dr.Atrium on Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:26 pm

    Ok i guess I will be the first to comment on this. Was hoping someone else would, but oh well.

    I don't think we need a schedule. I think the rotation and a two day grace will be good and as long as people don't just always just wait until the very last minutes of day two to post, I think it should move along just fine.

    Now then, When is the this whole thing going to start? We all have our backstories done....right? *goes and looks at the Player-character tab* Damn it RD... Stop playing Battleborn and type that shit XD


    _________________
    Raymondo, Demon Hunter
    Arcana - Arcana: 8 |Speed: 7 |Agility: 5, Might: 5
    00   ,25    , 00   
    Inventory
    Lantern, Scythe, Protraction Apache Revolver, Branded summoning pentagram, Colette's AQL Code (#1209), Kaavi's AQL Code(#1811), A plain alloy box with one quartz crystal that Kaavi was testing, Rey's own AQL (#3356), Spirit Lens


    "Revenge is an act of passion; Vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; Crimes are avenged."
    "I do not live in hope. I work to return it."
    avatar
    Spiked Edge
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 178
    Join date : 2014-08-07
    Age : 27

    Re: Character/ Player application prt 2

    Post by Spiked Edge on Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:26 pm

    First things first, lemme get Rabbit outta the way, handle that right quick:
    #MagicisMaverick
    #MagicisMayhem
    #Funfactnothingtypedbysomeone’sthumbshaseverbeenimportant
    #nospacesinhashtags

    Now then, Lemme both clarify and expound a bit here. Yuki, I personally don't see your rules as flawed, even remotely. Yeah sure they don't encompass every fantasy trope know to man but they do a damn good job touching upon nearly every one i can think of. Sure it was designed solely by you and no one else, but it was solid enough that most who joined knew and respected you rules, doing what they could to weave their own characters around them. If they had any questions or wanted to know how something could work or interact with your world they merely had to ask and you would add it in or alter something slightly to include it, never doing anything too game changing as to upset the balance of your world. That's what i was disappointed by. The waters got rough and the skies darkened and the moment one of the key concepts of your world came into question you bent in a fantastic fashion, not only that, it was amplified by the fact that you did it in a topic in which you asked for a kind of democracy. It fell apart and there were side conversations and such where things were decided and anyone not involved was supposed to just swallow it. That wasn't right. I know i never asked for an apology and in all honesty i didn't expect to get one but if you are gonna apologize, are you sure you don't want to clarify what exactly you're apologizing for? I'll be honest with you, i love this world you created. Its an amazing place already and still has so much room to grow. I was honored when you asked me to be a part of it and i am willing to stand up for it, but if you're willing to allow the influence of others to change it so easily, if you're unable to stand stern on the main foot holds of your ideas and are then willing to change things so drastically without consulting the other members of the group and consult their 'feedback' why should i stand with you? Where's that solid ground, that backbone i can rely on? I know this is a lot to ask but can i depend on you to be both stern and fair? I see you're trying but this was a rather fantastic failure in my eyes. I was truly disappointed and hurt, it reawakened doubts. I'm not sure I can continue participating if i anything like this go down again.

    That aside, I your point system may in fact be a bit of a strong start if you are indeed considering a level up system, it may need to be dialed back a tad, so that characters actually do have more room to grow and improve. I'd like to hear other's thoughts on this. Your current 2day rule is completely fine though, i try to check in regularly, and worst comes to worst, hit me up on steam and i shoot you my cell; gimme a call (preferably).

    Dr.Atrium wrote:
    Now then, When is the this whole thing going to start? We all have our backstories done....right? *goes and looks at the Player-character tab* Damn it RD... Stop playing Battleborn and type that shit XD

    Yeah, about that... I'm not interested in just doing the RP with just our group. I do in fact enjoy having outside sources involved. We still haven't heard anything from Producer, so i'm not 100 percent sure he's even still involved. I was hoping he'd be incited to speak up but now i'm not even sure he checks this anymore, so yeah... and Dela and OPG left. I was looking forward to those two especially from start to finish. Unfortunately i'll admit right now that part of my favorite part of the RP was trying to convey my thoughts and feelings to people i don't communicate with all the time to complete goals and such. It made it interesting and fun to me, and at the moment it appears it will just be Rabbit Doc and I, which just doesn't appeal to me. I communicate with them all the time, we're on the same wavelength and even if we're not, we'll definitely chat about it. Its a given. In a way, that to me is unfair. Its a form of power-play imo. We could discuss the situation at length among ourselves and create a plan for any given situation, knowing exactly what each will do next. Its boring. I like having a few unexpected elements involved. A few 'wild cards' so to speak. I enjoyed having to work and coordinate with players i didn't interact with regularly, it made each given situation... interesting, much like a guessing game, or playing HORSE, trying to get on the same thought process as a person you know next to nil about. In other words, without at least Producer and Dela, i'm very much 'meh' about the game. Not sure i want to be involved without those 'rouge elements'.


    _________________
    The true start of your life is the point in which you set a goal.
    The next step is to figure out why you've set this goal and what led you there.
    Your past is an important part of your future. ~Spiked Edge


    Inventory:


    Currency:
    $$$$$$
    avatar
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

    Posts : 899
    Join date : 2013-12-14
    Age : 26
    Location : Calgary

    Re: Character/ Player application prt 2

    Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:52 pm

    I see your point, and I'm glad you voiced it. This is kind of what I was asking for in terms of feedback so I'm glad I know how you feel about it. I feel like this might also tie in with why everyone wants to play a loner all the time. It invokes the same kind of play between people that do communicate with one another since, after all; they are role-playing.

    As for my personal failings, there is a lot to it that made me decide to try and deal with it that way. I'm not saying it was a good idea, I'm just saying I had my reasons. I think ultimately I put in a lot of good effort, but in the wrong places. Instead of trying to reinforce one thing over another I should reinforce the way the world works instead as it kind of has a life of its own.

    Well I'll have a lot to think about and I'll be sure to run things by you all as they go along. I would like to have a bigger group and I would, obviously, really enjoy it if OPG and Dela decided to come back. We'll see how things go, but I have some other people I can invite should they feel like it.

    Thanks for your input. And yes, you can count on me being stern and fair.
    avatar
    Spiked Edge
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 178
    Join date : 2014-08-07
    Age : 27

    Re: Character/ Player application prt 2

    Post by Spiked Edge on Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:53 am

    Re-reading my post, damn i was tired, some of that is just barely legible mess...

    I'll admit, i didn't think of it that way. It does indeed explain the 'loner' thing. Each of us acting as if we don't know each other so much to invoke that mindset of interacting with new people. Which gives more weight to my earlier statement, just our group of misfits and scumbags would be power-playing, as we all know each other in real life and would more than likely talk about progression in the story (I know i wouldn't be able to resist, i love a good story and talking about one among friends just boosts my hype levels). Then again, this may just reinforce the need for certain characters to have a bit more knowledge or be more closely woven with each other, so being on the same page wouldn't be so odd.

    Hmm, i think i finally see what you were going for by asking everyone to make stories how each met each other or trying to create group backstory before the game even started. Apologies it took so long.


    _________________
    The true start of your life is the point in which you set a goal.
    The next step is to figure out why you've set this goal and what led you there.
    Your past is an important part of your future. ~Spiked Edge


    Inventory:


    Currency:
    $$$$$$
    avatar
    DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 274
    Join date : 2014-11-09

    Re: Character/ Player application prt 2

    Post by DelaKayte on Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:18 am

    Ok, Yuki convinced me to at least come back and read this, and it was worth it.

    I will make an apology of my own. I'm really quick to get defensive when I've spent a lot of time balancing something with the GM (and a mod) and someone starts punching holes in it. I'm also really bad about making a statement like "there are rules that allow this" without actually providing the references. If people are still willing to play with me, I will do my best to pull back on those things, but I will fail, and am ok with someone reasonably pointing out that I might be being biased. Another thing is that I get into my head how something should work, and it's difficult to get off of that track. Some of the things with Atsuko could have been solved super easily by saying "Ok, I really don't want a point in Arcana, so help me come up with another way to do {blah}".

    The other major issue that I had, and RD called it, is that I was the first target, and the only target. I felt really singled out. Especially when it seemed like everyone was talking about it to each other and not putting it on the forum. Part of the reason I had the side conversations with Yuki and Doc (which should have been out in the open) was because I felt like I couldn't say something without OPG, Rabbit, and Doc having a little pow-wow and then all coming at me at once (I didn't realize RD was in these pow-wows as well). So I also apologize for trying to sidestep the situation.

    So, in the spirit of co-operation, I will do my best to be less defensive, and more open in my dialogues.

    As a side note: I think it would be good to have a thread for each character, so that all of them can be explained, critiqued, and made to fit the group without crossing the streams in a single thread.

    avatar
    ★Yuki~♪
    ★Ojouhimesama☆
    ★Ojouhimesama☆

    Posts : 899
    Join date : 2013-12-14
    Age : 26
    Location : Calgary

    Re: Character/ Player application prt 2

    Post by ★Yuki~♪ on Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:43 am

    DelaKayte wrote:

    As a side note: I think it would be good to have a thread for each character, so that all of them can be explained, critiqued, and made to fit the group without crossing the streams in a single thread.


    I definately agree with this and I should have thought about that sooner. The reason I made a singlular topic was so we could discuss everything on the way to the characters and thereafter as well. I think those topics should be kept separate for better oversight until all characters are completed. I will add a section for that on the forum and we'll see how things go for now.
    avatar
    Spiked Edge
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 178
    Join date : 2014-08-07
    Age : 27

    Re: Character/ Player application prt 2

    Post by Spiked Edge on Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:26 pm

    ★Yuki~♪ wrote:
    DelaKayte wrote:

    As a side note: I think it would be good to have a thread for each character, so that all of them can be explained, critiqued, and made to fit the group without crossing the streams in a single thread.


    I definately agree with this and I should have thought about that sooner. The reason I made a singlular topic was so we could discuss everything on the way to the characters and thereafter as well. I think those topics should be kept separate for better oversight until all characters are completed. I will add a section for that on the forum and we'll see how things go for now.

    We already have this, its each character's individual page... Unless you're looking to make a seperate, SEPERATE thread just for discussion of each character... Which is fine i suppose.

    Also, very good to see you back Dela. Defending your character is all well and good is what i was getting at, just try to be flexible and see where others are approaching from is all.


    _________________
    The true start of your life is the point in which you set a goal.
    The next step is to figure out why you've set this goal and what led you there.
    Your past is an important part of your future. ~Spiked Edge


    Inventory:


    Currency:
    $$$$$$
    avatar
    DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 274
    Join date : 2014-11-09

    Re: Character/ Player application prt 2

    Post by DelaKayte on Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:01 pm

    Spiked Edge wrote:

    We already have this, its each character's individual page... Unless you're looking to make a seperate, SEPERATE thread just for discussion of each character... Which is fine i suppose.

    I thought the actual character's individual page would be for tracking skill and level up progress?
    avatar
    Spiked Edge
    Player
    Player

    Posts : 178
    Join date : 2014-08-07
    Age : 27

    Re: Character/ Player application prt 2

    Post by Spiked Edge on Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:56 am

    DelaKayte wrote:

    I thought the actual character's individual page would be for tracking skill and level up progress?

    With Spike i just constantly updated his profile via editing, i had a conversation with sharpe beneath it, much of the same imo, just a more serious conversation pertaining character criticism.

    Also in case anyone is wondering i will be getting to my thoughts on yuki's system soon, just kinda trying to understand it all, and every time i get a chance its absurdly late, like now.


    _________________
    The true start of your life is the point in which you set a goal.
    The next step is to figure out why you've set this goal and what led you there.
    Your past is an important part of your future. ~Spiked Edge


    Inventory:


    Currency:
    $$$$$$

    Sponsored content

    Re: Character/ Player application prt 2

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:20 pm