00  Stealth
    01  Arcana
    05  Endurance
    10  Agility
    08  Speed
    03  Accuracy

Load-out:

Tattoos:

Head: Permanent Makeup, chaotic spirals that vaguely resemble various emotional faces on her scalp hidden by hair
    Effect: Used to affect a person's aggressiveness towards Atsuko. (Taunt)

Right Arm: Ash tree with Vyhablwm vine overlay. The thorns from the vine are morphed into thorn shaped metal blades that appear to be pricking her skin.
    Effect: Allows the "enchantment" of her attacks to disrupt magic.(Not compatible with elemental enchantments) [Cast time, 1 turn, lasts 5 turns]

Left Arm: An elemental storm with rain, ice, fire, lightning, beams of light, and shafts of darkness falling from the sky
    Effect: Allows the "enchantment" of her attacks to a single element of choice.(Not compatible with disruption enchantment) [Cast time, 1 turn, lasts 5 turns]

Upper Back: A white winter mountain landscape, with a winged ouroboros circling a triskelion as a transparent overlay.
    Effect: Increased Speed, Strength, and Dexterity (Flavor Text)

Lower Back: A skeletal tree, looking like a cross between bone and steel, seeming to hold the above image in its branches.
    Effect: Creates a skin tight force-field of energy, giving her nigh-invulnerability to one single spell or magical effect [passive, 3 turn/1 min recharge after triggered]

Torso Front: A weaving of ribbon or sash around multiple images of people, surrounded by a fog that obscures the edges
    Effect: When activated, illusions of herself create a cluster of duplicate images around her any time she moves. This makes finding her precise position somewhat difficult and is generally confusing to any observer, friend or foe. [Cast time, 1 turn, lasts 5 turns]

Left Thigh/Right Thigh: (same tattoo twice for doubled effect) The roots from the lower back tree bloom full of life, down and around her legs into a pond full of fish in her lap, some resembling dragons, others simple fish such as koi. Dragonflies, frogs and other creatures are also represented in the "fountain of life"
    Effect: Metabolic boost. Increasing/speeding up her basic body functions slightly.

Left Calf: TBD
    Effect: TBD

Right Calf: TBD
    Effect: TBD

Backstory:

She's a Warrior, and potential warchief from a tribe in the northlands. Her training is complete, and she has been sent out to explore the world; gain experience and knowledge that will help her be a good chief. She is looking for adventure, and relations with people of different cultures in order to broaden her horizons.

This particular tribe practices a form of "magic" that turns the person into a walking spellweave. When a child is born, the shamans of the tribe use a ritual to determine the child's potential. Children who are close to the weave (aka have high arcana stats) are selected to be raised as shamans. Children who touch the weave, but are not a part of it (aka have low arcana stats) are chosen to be one of the "Tattooed Ones". Using a blend of special inks and extract of the Vyhablwm (Viha bloom) plant, Ones go through a very long, very painful form of tattooing/chemical branding which grants various magical abilities depending on the tattoo. The tattoos are very large, so the number of abilities are limited and therefore selected carefully. Outside of the abilities her tattoos give her, Atsuko is an ordinary human. A highly trained one, but nothing else.

Appearance:

Short for her tribe, but tall when compared to most women. Long, black hair with many red highlights. Green eyes. Pale, freckled skin. Her body is almost completely covered with tattoos, ordinary ones combining and blending the magical ones into a mesmerizing tapestry. 

{See Avatar}

Positive Traits:
    Composed
    Open Minded
    Good Heart
    Proud

Negative Traits:
    Presumptuous
    Overbearing
    Oblivious socially
    Proud

Last edited by DelaKayte on Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:07 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Fix format issues)
    DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

Re: Atsuko Samhradháin

Post by DelaKayte on Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:31 am

Crossposted because relevant

DelaKayte wrote:
    Atsuko SUCKS at social. She has a 2 in the stat because of the tattoo (which will probably change), otherwise it would be a 1. She literally just came down from the north, I plan to have her speak broken "local language" and be very matter of fact and tactless. Partially because I can't personally think any other way, and partially because I want it to be clear that she really is a barbarian. She's going to be pissing people off with phrases like "BS side quests" because that's how she sees things, and she's not used to a culture where you don't say exactly what you mean.

She refuses to stealth. She is Warrior caste and Warriors don't skulk. That's what Assassins do. Warriors confront their foes head on, both in combat, and with words.

She doesn't understand magic, at all. She has no desire to. That's what Shamans do. Warriors aren't Shamans. (We'll figure out the tattoo thing. She may just be tattooed to be tattooed and we can figure out another way to accomplish the things I want to do with her.) This means that when she comes up against a magical problem, she's going to attempt to physically break it, if that doesn't work (which it won't most of the time) she's going to step back, fold her arms, and ask that one of you "Shamans" make it go away.

She refuses to use ranged weapons that aren't thrown. Again, that's what Assassins do. If her opponent can't see her, or can't reliably react to her attack, she feels like she will lose honor by using non-warrior methods.

She is stubborn, and brutish, and super uneducated about the local lands and cultures, all of which are a detriment to her existence here. And she knows it, which makes her very reluctant to step to the front of any discussion. She needs companions, and knows that too.

I would like to add what I want from the character and why I chose the tattoos I did:

I want to be a Warrior. That means good in combat. Specifically I want to be agile and fast. Partially because of her training not using ranged weapons. She is trained to get to an enemy quickly and without getting hit.

I want to be a challenger. The entire point of the social tattoo was to influence an enemy to accept a challenge. The way I wrote it, I realized it would also be useful in social situations as a supplement to someone with an actual social stat, but that was just a bonus. The goal is to be an off-tank. Pull one enemy aside, be tanky/damagy enough to take him out, and allow the group to handle the rest without having to worry about the annoying guy I'm beating on.

I want to be mostly gearless, but still combat effective. She's travelling miles and miles on her feet. At most, she needs a provisions pack. Carrying around a bunch of armor and weapons wouldn't be practical.

I want to have an experience of learning from the other characters. Some of her refusals and stubbornness may change over time, or may not. That is for the story to decide. The social specifically is her reason for travelling.

I want something "cool" or "special" about her. (Hence the tattoos). A lot of what I want could be accomplished by playing a super martial artist, but I don't want to do that. In a group full of flashy characters and interesting backstories and abilities, I don't want my posts in combat to be "I punch him. I dodge."

Any help filling those desires in a way that doesn't sound overpowered, or bend the rules and mechanics of the world, would be greatly appreciated.
    DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

Post by DelaKayte on Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:56 pm

Inventory
    Cloak- white, waterproof, fur lined Clothing- haltar top, short shorts, knee-high leather boots Backpack- waterproof canvas Gear- Knife, mess kit, string, waterproof bedroll, canvas sheet, Worn out Sonic Boots, Black and gold formal outfit Hunting Javelin x2 | AQL#1498 | Alexander's AQL Code #1131 |Party AQL codes: #1502, #3356
    DelaKayte
    Player
    Player

Post by DelaKayte on Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:23 pm

I am creating a post here for my own sake as well as anyone else who pays attention to things Atsuko does or says over the long term. I want a quick reference to things that I establish as part of her culture so that I can keep a continuity that matches. I will edit as I add things on the fly.

Words:

Akitwyrm- Snowsquirrel (literally "Fuzzy-Tail")
    Vyha (Viha)- Ancestor/spirit/kami - specifically a "religious/magical" term
    Vyhablwm (Viha bloom)- magic infused plant used for tattoo magic (Literally "Spirit Flower")

Colloquial curses:

Blister(ed)(ing)
    Yellow-snow

Inventory
    Cloak- white, waterproof, fur lined Clothing- haltar top, short shorts, knee-high leather boots Backpack- waterproof canvas Gear- Knife, mess kit, string, waterproof bedroll, canvas sheet, Worn out Sonic Boots, Black and gold formal outfit Hunting Javelin x2 | AQL#1498 | Alexander's AQL Code #1131 |Party AQL codes: #1502, #3356

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:16 pm